IGNORED

The Tiger Woods/PED Thread

Phil McGleno
Note: This thread is 2199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Believe Tiger Violated Rules and Took PEDs?

• Yes
    • No

I thought the "Bill Murray is a narcissist" thread was stupid and filled with unsubstantiated speculation and insecurity projection, but this one goes to another level. We should start a "Did Bill Murray take PEDs?" thread and really get the nonsense out of our system.

I have Many, Many, Many things to say about Bill Murray on Steroids.

You start the thread and I will provide you with many, many, many unsubstantiated facts on the subject

My favorite thing about this forum is how when people get called out for being wrong or manipulating things or whatever they resort to accusing everyone of being a stooge for iacas or mvmac or the site in general.

But back on topic:

I understand the impulse to believe someone took performance-enhancing drugs; Tiger is a muscular guy, he's dominated for so long, whatever. I just don't think the evidence backs up the suspicion. The biggest thing against it for me is that we've heard nary of a whisper of it since he came onto the Tour near-twenty years ago. After his scandal with Elin, and all of those women coming out to accuse him, I just can't even imagine anyone who would've known about the steroid thing wouldn't have leaked it for major cash. Too many people are involved with Tiger Woods for that stuff never come out.

Look at Barry Bonds. His trainer who knew full well what was going on, took contempt of court and jail time rather than explain what the "BB" on his calender meant.

Hypothetically, it is not unreasonable to think that any of his girlfriends would have known his use. And hypothetically if he kept a small inner circle regarding these things, or maybe just a doctor, it could have conceivably been kept quiet.

That is if he acutally used, which I am not saying he did!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have Many, Many, Many things to say about Bill Murray on Steroids.

You start the thread and I will provide you with many, many, many unsubstantiated facts on the subject

Look at Barry Bonds. His trainer who knew full well what was going on, took contempt of court and jail time rather than explain what the "BB" on his calender meant.

Hypothetically, it is not unreasonable to think that any of his girlfriends would have known his use. And hypothetically if he kept a small inner circle regarding these things, or maybe just a doctor, it could have conceivably been kept quiet.

That is if he acutally used, which I am not saying he did!

Yeah, but Bonds showed up on PED lists. Tiger never has. I just don't think that with as much scrutiny as he is under, especially now, that this could be kept secret. Dude is followed by media everywhere. Plus, Tiger has a penchant for being kind of a dick to people, and I just can't imagine that one of those people that he pissed off wouldn't go to the Enquirer and sell it for a boatload of cash.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Stenson is definitely on roids. He snapped a club over his knee one time (Aggressiveness), and he's big (Muscle gain from when he was a teenager), hits that 3w a country mile, and above all, he knows Tiger, who knows Dr Galea who is a known PED distributor. I rest my case.

Stenson is Jacked

• Upvote 2

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Yeah, but Bonds showed up on PED lists. Tiger never has. I just don't think that with as much scrutiny as he is under, especially now, that this could be kept secret. Dude is followed by media everywhere. Plus, Tiger has a penchant for being kind of a dick to people, and I just can't imagine that one of those people that he pissed off wouldn't go to the Enquirer and sell it for a boatload of cash.

Cant say I disagree with your logic, but if Tiger was smart he would only tick off those who dont hold his secrets.

With Bonds, even though he was on PED lists, the Federal Govt and Prosecutors could not dig up dirt or a confession.

But then again they were probably under paid and inept!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

As someone who has had some experience on this subject.....in my opinion he most definately has. Steroids work very quickly and you see results very fast, they help you recover very quickly. Hgh use is a slow long term approach, that you must keep up daily or every other day. The problem with both is this...1.steroids keep your body from producing testosterone because your body is already producing so much your body shuts down it's own production 2. Hgh shuts down the output of the pituitary gland which turns off your ability to produce it. Like any drug over time your body grows accustomed to the doses so to maintain, u have to up the doses. Once that stops your body goes into withdrawal and for a lot of long time users their cells lose some of their ability to repair themselve. That means that you are much more succeptible to injury because what before may have been a strain turns into a tear. Simply due to the fact that you have messed with the body's natural ability to repair itself. The faster your body can repair the cells, the bigger stronger faster and less likely to be injured you are. We see it in all sport. Name one mlb player who used peds got off and produced anywhere near what they did before. Our bodies have an amazing ability to repair themselves if we don't mess with the chemistry. Watch the NFL now that they are blood testing for hgh the amount of injuries will rise significantly.

Athletes are the worst at prescribing to the Magic bean theory. A lot of body builders who have already crafted their physiques with roids or hgh or or other peds, keep using because they fear what will happen to them if they stop. Maybe part of tigers problem is the fact that mentally he feels like he's missing some performance because he stopped using and it's greatly affected his confidence. I've seen it in all kinds of athletes. That's why they go to such great lengths to use and not get caught and even though the guy in the locker next to them just got suspended for the year, they continue to use out of fear of what they will become without them. "How much of it is me, and how much of it is the stuff in taking?" Is a thought that passes thru many an athletes mind.

As someone who has had some experience on this subject.....in my opinion he most definately has. Steroids work very quickly and you see results very fast, they help you recover very quickly. Hgh use is a slow long term approach, that you must keep up daily or every other day. The problem with both is this...1.steroids keep your body from producing testosterone because your body is already producing so much your body shuts down it's own production 2. Hgh shuts down the output of the pituitary gland which turns off your ability to produce it. Like any drug over time your body grows accustomed to the doses so to maintain, u have to up the doses. Once that stops your body goes into withdrawal and for a lot of long time users their cells lose some of their ability to repair themselve. That means that you are much more succeptible to injury because what before may have been a strain turns into a tear. Simply due to the fact that you have messed with the body's natural ability to repair itself. The faster your body can repair the cells, the bigger stronger faster and less likely to be injured you are. We see it in all sport. Name one mlb player who used peds got off and produced anywhere near what they did before. Our bodies have an amazing ability to repair themselves if we don't mess with the chemistry. Watch the NFL now that they are blood testing for hgh the amount of injuries will rise significantly.

Ryan Braun is one such player. Since he got caught, he's been basically the same player. What your describing as the body breaking down because of PEDs could also be explained as a 38 year old workout obsessed athlete breaking down.

• Upvote 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Brauns last full year was 2012 ....41 homers 112 rbi and hit .319 ....his full season of 2014 stats 19 homers 80 rbi and hit .266....hardly "basically the same player"

Braun tested positive in 2011, had his suspension overturned, and hasn't tested positive since. His next year after the full suspension was that 41 homer season. He was suspended for most of 2013, and still put up a good stat line. This past year was his first down year since.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Quote:

Originally Posted by mediabezz

As someone who has had some experience on this subject...

What's your experience?

Yeah... User?  Dealer?  Interested bystander? :smartass:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Quote:

Originally Posted by mediabezz

As someone who has had some experience on this subject...

What's your experience?

Yeah... User?  Dealer?  Interested bystander?

Conspiracy theorist?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

ummmm...got some bad news for you on this theory of yours...how about Nelson Cruz, Jhonny Peralta, Fancisco Cervelli, and Ryan Braun (who has already been mentioned). Nelson Cruz actually had the best year of his career last year and was named MVP the season AFTER he was suspended for 50 games for PED use in 2013.

Also, are you really saying that you believe that Tiger has "definitely" taken steroids because he keeps getting hurt?(thats what I'm assuming you are saying because all you did was give an explanation of what steroids do and you dont really give another reason).  How about the fact that he is just getting old and the wear and tear of hitting ball after ball, day after day, since he was 3 years old has finally worn him down.  Injuries happen to a lot of athletes as they get older but they dont mean that they are taking or have taken steriods.

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

No body went to the press about his infidelity

[quote name="InTheRough" url="/t/80150/the-tiger-woods-ped-thread/216#post_1111053"]ummmm...got some bad news for you on this theory of yours...how about Nelson Cruz, Jhonny Peralta, Fancisco Cervelli, and Ryan Braun (who has already been mentioned). Nelson Cruz actually had the best year of his career last year and was named MVP the season AFTER he was suspended for 50 games for PED use in 2013. Also, are you really saying that you believe that Tiger has "definitely" taken steroids because he keeps getting hurt?(thats what I'm assuming you are saying because all you did was give an explanation of what steroids do and you dont really give another reason).  How about the fact that he is just getting old and the wear and tear of hitting ball after ball, day after day, since he was 3 years old has finally worn him down.  Injuries happen to a lot of athletes as they get older but they dont mean that they are taking or have taken steriods. [/quote] I believe he was insinuating that once a PED user goes off their cycle, that's when injuries become common....it's very obvious for some.

I believe he was insinuating that once a PED user goes off their cycle, that's when injuries become common....it's very obvious for some.

that's still quite a leap to make though.  taking PEDs may make you more susceptible to injury but saying that because he is getting injured he must have taken PEDs is a bit much.

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

I believe he did, but only during that lengthy stretch of his peak years.

I do not believe he's currently using anything, as the Tour likely does testing now.

Here's why I believe he used.

During his peak years, he sought out treatment from Canadian physician Dr. Anthony Galea.

He is widely known for his use of HGH (Human Growth Hormone) for his patients, as well as certain other PED's.

Galea also was known for supplying PED's to certain major league baseball players.

Dr. Galea has since been banned from even practicing in the USA due to the illegal drugs he was using.

One can learn more about Galea's legal troubles/trial online via google if so inclined.

Tiger lives in Florida.

If he had ailments or aches, he had his choice of all the top physicians in his area of Florida, plus any other physician considered tops in their field in the country.

So why would Tiger purposely seek out a Canadian physician best known for his proclivity for dispensing HGH and other illegal PED's to professional athletes?

You may recall the days when Tiger dressed in those tight mock turtleneck shirts, showing off his buff physique.

You may recall how Tiger would talk about training with the Navy Seals and keeping up with them (allegedly how he initially hurt his knee some years back).

You may recall the days when Tiger routinely outdrove the rest of the field by considerable distances.

I do not believe Tiger's current troubles are due to a lack of HGH usage.

I think they are due to age, injury, and a simple lack of confidence in his swing.

I do believe he used HGH during his peak years to increase muscle tone, improve his endurance and reflex time and swing speed, etc...

Some folks think PED's simply increase strength, using the excuse that they don't improve one's swing, but there are a lot of other factors involved, and they improve far more than mere strength.

I do think that Tiger still would have been the best of his era, as he had incredible talent as well as a will to crush his opponents.

I just don't think he would have been quite as good as he was.

Dan Olsen is now backtracking after saying in a radio interview that Tiger had been suspended for a month for failing a drug test.

Eurosport state "Olsen went on radio at the end of last week to claim that Woods had in fact been suspended from the Tour for failing a drug test - and claiming that he had an unfair advantage since his equipment sponsor Nike had given him a prototype ball to use, "I heard he's on a month's suspension. ... It's kind of a strong witness.

It's a credible person who is telling me this," Olsen had told Michigan-based radio station 730AM The Game.

Two questions:
1. Sureley it would be nore than a month ban
2. Who is Dan Olsen anyway :blink:

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Note: This thread is 2199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!