IGNORED

The Tiger Woods/PED Thread

Phil McGleno
Note: This thread is 2179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Believe Tiger Violated Rules and Took PEDs?

• Yes
    • No

Was told to start this thread so here goes. I am firmly in the "no" camp but am not saying that I am definitely right. Just that I believe in innocent until proven guilty and the evidence against Tiger is thin and circumstantial.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hank Haney, Woods' former swing coach, who has been one of Woods' most vocal critics since they stopped working together in 2010, told the Golf Channel that he never saw anything out of the ordinary in Galea's treatment of Woods.

"I was there and watched the whole procedure," Haney said. "There was never anything that went into Tiger Woods's body that didn't come out of his body. They take blood out, they spin it, they inject the plasma back in. I totally believe that Tiger Woods has never taken any performance-enhancing drugs."

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-paid-anthony-galea-76k-14-visits-new-book-says

I am definitely in the 'no' camp, though I will say I don't really have that big of a problem with PED's, especially when used to heal more quickly from injuries.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I can't vote for a number of reasons. The second option is a two part question. One must be true for the other to be true. But the real reason why I can not vote is I feel strongly that it could be " likely" he had some help.

Probably should have been a "Maybe" choice. No one but Woody himself knows for sure, and any yes, or no decisions are purely speculation.

Speculating myself here, :doh: but his demise just might be because he has been swinging a club since the age of 3. Add in all the swing changes, tournament play, practices, weight lifting, his golfing body might just be worn out. That, or at the very least, in need of a long time away from the game to heal up the worn out parts.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

As honorary president of the local "haters" .....I say no.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I'm going to go ahead and and say no on this one.  There are too many people that have been very close to Tiger throughout the years that hate him now for it not to have come out.

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

Since there actually isn't any evidence that he's taken PED's, I voted no. No evidence with his physique, no claims by other players, trainers, journalist, etc. I also haven't heard any rumors/gossip from instructors I know that teach on tour.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yeah, the accusations about Lance Armstrong were out years before any investigation began. There's been the occasional odd speculation here and there from random people far removed from the situation, but no one who has been part of the inner camp has made any accusations.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

I voted no. There hasn't been any evidence to prove otherwise and if there were, somebody would have written about it or talked about it somewhere. Just because he had treatment done at Anthony Galea's clinic doesn't mean he got PEDs from him.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I think Tigers powerful thrust into his left side while ball striking so many years eventually tore out his knee, which cascaded throughout his body from different compensations and resulted in injuries to ankles, back etc. Father time caught up. That's all.

I said "no" since there is nothing to point to the fact that he used PED's.  He worked out but he did not blow up like a Barry Bonds or Mark McGuire.  He was reckless in his personal life that has forever tarnished his image as a Mr. Nice Guy, but I believe his concern about his golf legacy helped keep him free of PEDs.

I am not really sure, but I am more on the yes side than the no side because of his relationship with the witch doctor. I am way to skeptical to say no. So, it's a yes from me. Oh yeah, and to Haney that only saw the blood spinning, I'm sorry buddy but they aren't going to exactly pull the needles out and say hey Haney come sterilize my glute while I get this PED shot up in my Glute...

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I am not really sure, but I am more on the yes side than the no side because of his relationship with the witch doctor. I am way to skeptical to say no. So, it's a yes from me.

Oh yeah, and to Haney that only saw the blood spinning, I'm sorry buddy but they aren't going to exactly pull the needles out and say hey Haney come sterilize my glute while I get this PED shot up in my Glute...

So that's how one activates one's glutes. Good to know.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Taking into consideration how injured Tiger has been in his career (the list is long), we can then all presume that the PEDs he has been speculated to have taken were certainly the worst PED's in the history of sport no?  I mean, someone who was a PED user surely wouldn't be that injured right?

Talk about a shitty prescription ;-)

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

• Administrator

I am not really sure, but I am more on the yes side than the no side because of his relationship with the witch doctor. I am way to skeptical to say no. So, it's a yes from me.

Oh yeah, and to Haney that only saw the blood spinning, I'm sorry buddy but they aren't going to exactly pull the needles out and say hey Haney come sterilize my glute while I get this PED shot up in my Glute...

One might think you would be one of the last to jump on the "guilt by association" train, but there you have it…

26-1 currently, btw.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

28-1 now :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith View Post

Taking into consideration how injured Tiger has been in his career (the list is long), we can then all presume that the PEDs he has been speculated to have taken were certainly the worst PED's in the history of sport no?  I mean, someone who was a PED user surely wouldn't be that injured right?

Talk about a shitty prescription ;-)

I think depends on the injury. I believe PED's help players stay fresher in terms of performing. A pitcher might be able to pitch a full season at their best ability than have some down time due to fatigue. Also it allows them to heal faster in terms of muscle wear and tear.

I also think the injuries he sustained are not areas that would be warded off by PED's.

1994: Surgery on Left Knee to remove Tumors

2002: Surgery on Left Knee to remove fluid and a cysts

2007: Rupture of ACL

2008: Cartilage damage to left knee

2010: Neck pain

2011: Left Foot Achilles Tendon

2011: MCL Sprain in Left KNee

2012: Left foot Achilles Tendon

2012: Lower Back Pain

A lot of this seems systematic and goes back to his left leg. He's had issues since before he was a PGA Tour pro. Then with the wear and tear of the golf swing it just worse till he ruptured his ACL.

Quote:
Why are these drugs so appealing to athletes? Besides making muscles bigger, anabolic steroids may help athletes recover from a hard workout more quickly by reducing the muscle damage that occurs during the session.
-Mayo Clinic

So I don't see steroids really helping him in the area he had injuries. That isn't to say he would not have taken them. I just doubt it. Nothing suggested to me that he did take them.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 2179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!