IGNORED

Davis Love III to Be Ryder Cup Captain Again

billchao
Note: This thread is 3353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was unaware that Couples didn't want the job.  I also agree Azinger would be putting a lot at risk but I had read he was willing to do it again if asked.  It's possible that the younger guys don't know who Nelson is but that would also be sad that they don't know the history of the game they play.

We could do worse than Love III but if I remember correctly we had some criticism for how he scheduled the singles matches.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't really care who the captain is. I am just glad the players won't have anyone else to blame but themselves if they do lose. Then again if they do lose I don't think the loss will bother them that much.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

If all goes well, Love III should have Dufner and DJ along with an improved group of younger more aggressive players on the team.

Joe Paradiso

Now if only the players would just show up for him. And hopefully they give him the power to control groups on tour in the months prior to get these guys as comfortable as possible playing alongside each other. Obviously that might not really matter, but since the Euros do it, we might as well steal that idea from them just in case it actually helps.

Constantine

• Administrator

Haterz gonna hate....

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Now if only the players would just show up for him. And hopefully they give him the power to control groups on tour in the months prior to get these guys as comfortable as possible playing alongside each other. Obviously that might not really matter, but since the Euros do it, we might as well steal that idea from them just in case it actually helps.

Wait, is that a thing? They can manipulate the pairings on the PGA Tour like that? I know some of the majors have fun with themed groupings, but I thought regular Tour events based their tee times on a tier system of players. And putting Phil and Tiger on opposite sides of the draw like it's the 11th commandment. I'm curious to know more now.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I was unaware that Couples didn't want the job.  I also agree Azinger would be putting a lot at risk but I had read he was willing to do it again if asked.  It's possible that the younger guys don't know who Nelson is but that would also be sad that they don't know the history of the game they play.

We could do worse than Love III but if I remember correctly we had some criticism for how he scheduled the singles matches.

If we would've steamrolled them in Sunday singles, there wouldn't have been any criticism.  Criticism comes with losing, and we've done plenty of that lately in this event.  LOL.  Other than Azinger, DLIII did about as well anyone else the last 20 years or so.  He's a "players" kind of coach, and that's what it needed the most with the United States.  The Europeans are damn good, however, and it may not matter who is our captain.  I don't necessarily love the choice, but I definitely don't hate it.  Since Azinger declined, I really don't have any better choices.

I don't see why all the negative stuff here. Davis comes from a pro golfing family, does great things for others,was a great player in his prime, and not many, if any pro's don't like, and or respect him. He has tons of experience in cup play, so in my mind, he's a good choice. Like I said, haterz gonna hate, but some of the things posted are pretty dumb, imho..

This, no one HONESTLY expected the Euros to come back on Sunday. I like our chances in 2016, hopefully we have a solid team.

Love should be our Captain Friday and Saturday, then kick him out and have Ben Crenshaw take over and give the Saturday night speech.

In all seriousness, I think who the captain is is overplayed, unless you're Hal Sutton and put Tiger-Phil together. But I always like seeing new blood in there. Will be interesting to see if Mickelson, who will be 47 going on 48 in two years, will be the Captain the next go around.

Note: This thread is 3353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!