IGNORED

2015 Northern Trust Open Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

James Hahn post tournament press conference.

http://www.pgatour.com/video/2015/02/23/james-hahn-news-conference-after-winning-northern-trust-open.html

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm actually curious to know if anyone outside the U.S. thinks that Patrick Reed is a proper reflection of America..because unfortunately from what I've heard...what you described is how a lot of outsiders view us.

I don't believe in stereotypes, all countries have their share of idiots and of stand up guys.

As far as Reed is concerned I don't think the British press went to town on his top 5 comments as much as they did in the US. Then he did himself a world of good at the Ryder Cup where he came over as showing passion for his country without overstepping the mark.

He then played the World Matchplay at the London Club and did a lot of pre-tournament media stuff where he was prepared to have a laugh at his supposed image.

So he came over as a pretty nice guy, so not like most Americans....... joke.

• Upvote 1

HAHHHHHHHHNNNNNN.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I heard that rating were down.  Probably a combination of Tiger and Rory not playing combined with lousy weather in most of the country.

Well, I was watching.

So there's that.

Me too.   I must say I enjoyed it thoroughly.   When was the last time a Cal Bear won a PGA tournament?   It was also David beating Goliath story, a 34 year old journeyman winning for the 1st time.

Go Bears!

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Me too.   I must say I enjoyed it thoroughly.   When was the last time a Cal Bear won a PGA tournament?   It was also David beating Goliath story, a 34 year old journeyman winning for the 1st time.

Go Bears!

My nephew, Ben Doyle, is a member of the Cal golf team. They have a decent team ranked  around 25 last I checked. Go Bears!

cubdog

Ross (aka cubdog)

James Hahn post tournament press conference.

http://www.pgatour.com/video/2015/02/23/james-hahn-news-conference-after-winning-northern-trust-open.html

What a great interview!  Watched the whole thing, and he seems like a good, humble guy.  Also Go Bears!

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

He expressed concern that his "Tiger fist pump" celebration on the 3rd playoff hole after he sunk his putt and hope that it did not have any influence on Dustin missing his and he apologize for it.

I would play for the US Rider's Cup team which would mean I have absolutely no chance of making the team ...... it would be like me slam dunking a basketball.

Wow!

What a breath of fresh air.

He expressed concern that his "Tiger fist pump" celebration on the 3rd playoff hole after he sunk his putt and hope that it did not have any influence on Dustin missing his and he apologize for it.

I would play for the US Rider's Cup team which would mean I have absolutely no chance of making the team ...... it would be like me slam dunking a basketball.

Wow!

Ryder Cup

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Fully agree.   As much as I loved Dustin's comeback to golf in top shape, JH's humbleness & modesty shown after the win was so dang impressive.   And what makes a 292th ranked player to make those critical shots in extra holes to beat out two better players?   I keep expecting him to fold but he kept making those shots.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

What a great interview!  Watched the whole thing, and he seems like a good, humble guy.  Also Go Bears!

"great tournament"  "I watched Tiger Woods when he was a pro"

hee hee hee

I've only gotten about 10 minutes into the interview and I'm a new fan of this guy

Bill - 

Majors will still hold their weight because ESPN has them and will hype them up, although with the US Open on Fox now, I expect the ratings for that major to take a big hit. But the regular Tour events are struggling without Tiger or Phil right now.

You think because it's on Fox people won't watch it?  Why?

Despite the many question marks I have about Reed...I'd be rooting for him over Rory any day

I'll sit on the Rory side of the room and cheer from there.

+1 on being on Rory's side of the room.  Rory seems to always conduct himself with class whereas a lot of what's come out about Reed, including wanting no relationship with his underage sister, gives me very little reason to root for him.

It was also David beating Goliath story, a 34 year old journeyman winning for the 1st time.

This.

Hahn seems like a stand up guy,  I thought it was all class when it was raining that he shared his umbrella with one of the camera people.  I also thought that it was way cool that while waiting for the playoff to start that he was signing autographs for the folks who stayed there through the rain.  At the time the announcers said he probably should have been hitting balls on the range, and they're probably right, but it was refreshing to see him putting a priority on connecting with the fans.

As mentioned in this thread, he was very humble in his post match interview and I found that appealing, too.  It's truly great to see a guy who was a shoe salesman ten years ago persevere and hit clutch shot and putt after clutch shot and putt to win his first PGA tournament.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

That was my first thought as well.  Seems like an odd statement to make.

I would understand it if some off-the-wall network got the rights - like happened with hockey and the "versus" network right after their lockout.  But this is a major network we're talking about.  Plus, ESPN wasn't even really the main network for the U.S. Open anyway, its been NBC forever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

That was my first thought as well.  Seems like an odd statement to make.

I would understand it if some off-the-wall network got the rights - like happened with hockey and the "versus" network right after their lockout.  But this is a major network we're talking about.  Plus, ESPN wasn't even really the main network for the U.S. Open anyway, its been NBC forever.

Ditto.   If rating comes down, it won't be b/c of the switch from ESPN to Fox.   There's not much to replace Tigermania with at this point even with all the hype media generate on Rory, Bubba, Rickie, etc..

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!