IGNORED

When practicing, do you prefer an empty range, a bustling one or something in-between?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3342 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. When practicing, do you prefer an empty range, a bustling one or something in-between?

• Nothing bothers me, screaming kids amok, loud obnoxious know-it-alls, giggling gaggles of teeny boppers
    • I'm pretty good at filtering out most distractions, but I have my limits
    • Some white noise required, I hate total silence. A handful keeping to themselves, no problemo
    • I want the whole place for myself. I'm selfish, so sue me!

I prefer an empty range or a proper bustling one. If theres only a couple of us in there I tend to get distracted with the competition side of it, if its just me and one other guy and he's pounding every single shot long and straight I think about too many things or try too hard. however, if im the better golfer and they are duffing, slicing fatting etc. the confidence just oozes and I perform better. Stupid I know.

I'm in my own little world. Makes no difference.

Wife has been telling me that about me for 39 years.........;-)

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I prefer an empty range or a proper bustling one. If theres only a couple of us in there I tend to get distracted with the competition side of it, if its just me and one other guy and he's pounding every single shot long and straight I think about too many things or try too hard. however, if im the better golfer and they are duffing, slicing fatting etc. the confidence just oozes and I perform better. Stupid I know.

I'm the opposite. I feed off of a good player's rhythm. If I see a poor swing, I try harder to not let it rub off me.

Players who do things like practice swinging by hitting the plastic tee 139 times, banging the crap out of the mat, hitting 34 drivers in one minute and grunting like they're bench pressing annoy me.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'm the opposite. I feed off of a good player's rhythm. If I see a poor swing, I try harder to not let it rub off me.

Players who do things like practice swinging by hitting the plastic tee 139 times, banging the crap out of the mat, hitting 34 drivers in one minute and grunting like they're bench pressing annoy me.

yeah I hate those things, and the guys that hit a bad shot and insist on swearing/cursing loudly to make it seem like it was a one off

Preference - I be thrilled to have an empty range.

BUT.....find a nice range that's frequently empty and sooner or later it's a parking lot and a strip mall.

Do I care really?  no.  I'd just like it if it happened.  Not much bothers me unless kids are loud or 'dart' out past the line randomly - pretty 'direct' distractions.  Other stuff (people muttering or talking, etc - no biggie)

What I'd REALLY like is one with nice grass, people that don't scatter their divot patterns and make the grass worse faster than they have to.  One with a lot of targets out there to keep it interesting.  One that's level, not a big drop like so many have.  Good range balls are a huge plus.

Bill - 

What I'd REALLY like is one with nice grass, people that don't scatter their divot patterns and make the grass worse faster than they have to.  One with a lot of targets out there to keep it interesting.  One that's level, not a big drop like so many have.  Good range balls are a huge plus.

I love my home course driving range for this reason. It's large enough that a proper range rotation means there's always at least one spot on the range with a decent amount of turf for practice, and the grass they grow on the range is actually great! It's not a range that's been sanded far too many times and will scratch up your clubs if you so much as address the ball, the grass is actually like what is on the course!

I'm excited because I also found out today they're buying ProV1's as range balls this year. I'm certain they'll be x-outs or the ones marked "practice" (likely with the course logo to attempt to curb theft), but it's still a HUGE improvement over the regular rocks!

Note: This thread is 3342 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!