IGNORED

It's on!!! Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Yukari
Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who wins?

• Floyd Mayweather
    • Manny Pacquiao

I don't think  Floyd was, or is afraid of Many either, what I "think" is that he may have thought that Many's style was not a good match up for him, and others have said the same, whether you want to believe that, is up to you, as you said, it's a business, and it's mostly about making money. On a side note, If they had fought say 5 or 6 yrs ago, they would have never come close to earning what they will in the upcoming fight, so it's kind like, they were counting on this Big payday as a installment for their retirement...:-D

Exactly if Floyd was afraid he wouldn't fight him now when he's this close to Rocky Marciano 49-0. I've actually been pretty pleased with who he's been fighting. He could be taking easy fights for these last 4 or 5 fights just to get to 50-0.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
Just read yesterday that they are almost gautanteed about $150m each for the fight win or lose.. What a silly sport :) I hope they punch each other out.. Oh wait, that's the point isn't it?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I am rooting for Many. Floyd is a convicted wife beater.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I am rooting for Many. Floyd is a convicted wife beater.

How's that even possible?? There are only two of them. Typically people would choose one or the other, but if not, the correct term would be "both."

• Upvote 1

Just read yesterday that they are almost gautanteed about $150m each for the fight win or lose.. What a silly sport :) I hope they punch each other out.. Oh wait, that's the point isn't it?

Hell, they could've had me for half of that! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I want Pacquiao to win; not only because Mayweather is a scumbag, but because I have HBO, and they will only have the rights to broadcast the replay if Manny wins.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

My bet is Mayweather will outpoint him for a unanimous decision win.

This fight should have been done 5 years ago.  This lessens this fight quite a bit although both will make tons of money by waiting this long.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

My bet is Mayweather will outpoint him for a unanimous decision win. This fight should have been done 5 years ago.  This lessens this fight quite a bit although both will make tons of money by waiting this long.

I think you are right on your prediction. If the fight would have occurred 5 years ago, I would have been rooting for Mayweather, not so now.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Personally I don't really care who wins because I am not much of  fight fan.  But I came across this article today, and I am starting to think that I am just stupid because for the life of me I just do not get the writer's point.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/28/8508371/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-postpone-the-fight

It starts out seeming serious but then goes around a bend in the tracks.

I'm guessing it is intended as satire but I don't get it.  Would you have to follow boxing to get it?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Personally I don't really care who wins because I am not much of  fight fan.  But I came across this article today, and I am starting to think that I am just stupid because for the life of me I just do not get the writer's point.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/28/8508371/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-postpone-the-fight

It starts out seeming serious but then goes around a bend in the tracks.

I'm guessing it is intended as satire but I don't get it.  Would you have to follow boxing to get it?

Usually with something like this, I'll scroll down through the comments to at least confirm that other people are as confused as me.  Didn't appear that way ... seemed to be all one big silly joke that everybody is in on except us.

Either they all collectively have a lame sense of humor, or it's a boxing thing and we just don't understand. ;)

Personally I don't really care who wins because I am not much of  fight fan.  But I came across this article today, and I am starting to think that I am just stupid because for the life of me I just do not get the writer's point. [URL=http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/28/8508371/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-postpone-the-fight]http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/28/8508371/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-postpone-the-fight[/URL] It starts out seeming serious but then goes around a bend in the tracks. I'm guessing it is intended as satire but I don't get it.  Would you have to follow boxing to get it?

It's supposed to be a joke. Same as: http://www.sbnation.com/2013/4/12/4205168/awful-advice-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-masters Same guy who coined the term, "Noted golf enthusiast Tiger Woods:" http://www.sbnation.com/2010/4/11/1415880/tiger-woods-masters-2010-leaderboard-comeback-round-4

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I think you are right on your prediction.

If the fight would have occurred 5 years ago, I would have been rooting for Mayweather, not so now.

I agree, if Manny doesn't knock out Mayweather in the first three rounds, Mayweather will win by decision.  I believe Mayweather ducked Manny for years out of fear he'd get knocked out and lose the opportunity to make the money he has in his other fights.  Mayweather now has a nice financial cushion and this will be the huge payday it always would have been but with a lot less risk of him losing.

Despite being the biggest fight in the last 10 years I won't waste $100 to watch Mayweather run around the ring and throw just enough jabs and punches to secure the decision.

Joe Paradiso

Thought this was a good read: http://grantland.com/features/floyd-mayweather-pacquiao-domestic-violence-allegations/

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Thought this was a good read: http://grantland.com/features/floyd-mayweather-pacquiao-domestic-violence-allegations/

He's a rich thug, no different than any other thug other than he has enough money and connections to buy himself out of trouble.

His undefeated record doesn't reflect the lack of talent he faced during his career so I hope Manny knocks him out and ruins his undefeated record.  Floyd is smart, he doesn't like to stand and trade punches with people that can hit as hard if not harder than he does (guess that's why he likes hitting women so much) so he'll probably run about 10 miles in the ring that night.

Joe Paradiso

Manny will come out hard but if Floyd can weather the initial storm he'll out score him. Floyd is about as close to a perfect technical fighter as you can find.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:
The judge did give Mayweather one break: She agreed to delay his prison term so that he could fight Miguel Cotto, apparently swayed by arguments that the fight was a financial boon for Las Vegas.

This is all I need to know about how Vegas works. You bring in the cash you get let off easy. It is sick that a judge would basically let Mayweather have is pay day when he was a woman beater.

He's a sick man who deserves none of the success he's achieved in life.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Been waiting since fall of 2009 for this one, I would like to see Manny come out on top but first I really want to see a good match not one guy following the other around the ring all night trying to get some action going.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

God I hope Pacquiao wins. Like, I know he's not perfect, but Mayweather is a complete piece of shit as a human being.

Riley

Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!