IGNORED

2015 The Honda Classic Discussion Thread

Silent
Note: This thread is 3328 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[SIZE=24px]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

I'm gonna guess something good happened for Padraig? Lol

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm gonna guess something good happened for Padraig?

Paddy knocked it to 5 feet, Berger put it in the water.

HONDA CLASSIC WINNER: PADDY HARRINGTON

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

The nay sayers on this forum wrote Paddy Off. Not me and I am looking forward to watching the 3 time major winner tee it up at Augusta! I'll be lifting a couple of cold Guinness drafts in his honor tonight! :beer:

• Upvote 1

Talk about redemption, he puts it in the drink almost exactly one hour previously....Then stick it to 5 feet.

REDEMPTION ALL AROUND.

There's going to be a party tonight.

Joel Holden

All credit to the champion: Paddy has always played his best golf on the big stages, and this win means we'll be seeing him at those venues again. But Daniel Berger has been very impressive so far this season. He has to be the front runner for Rookie of the Year honors.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Paddy's tour diary preview for the Honda Classic.

This week I am in Palm Beach, Florida for the Honda Classic, which is the last event of my five week run.  This event was my first PGA Tour win back in 2005 so I have good memories of it, even if I won on a different course.  Now we play on probably one of the hardest courses of the year, PGA National.  It is a big tough course with plenty of water and heavy rough, set up like an old US Open course.  Any score of par or better is good playing.

I have stuck to my new regime of taking it easy and trying to get some rest.  I traveled on Monday and then spent forty minutes with Pete Cowen on Tuesday, then left it at that.  As I was in the Wednesday pro-am, I wasn't to pushed on seeing the course on Tuesday.  I watched the Manchester City and Barcelona game and then went out for dinner with Bob Rotella.  It was my first time seeing both Pete and Bob this year.  Pete gave me a few pointers but in general thought what I was doing was right.  Bob and myself had a good chat over dinner about what I am doing and I explained to him that I feel that I turned the corner last weekend.  By separating my mental approach from the outcome of a good or bad shot it made a huge difference to me.  He agreed with what I was saying and was happy to hear that I had found the solution myself.

On Wednesday I played the pro-am and then did some practice afterwards.  Pete walked with me for seven holes to see what was happening on the course.  He noticed a couple of things that I had been feeling, mainly that my right side gets a little left behind and so I have to flip my hands.  After the pro-am I hit some shots doing a Happy Gilmore, which gets my right side through without thinking about it.  The course played as easy as it gets here as it wasn't windy and it still felt like a big tough course.  Whilst we didn't do any good in the pro-am, we had a good time.

This tournament has grown into one of the bigger events on the PGA Tour over the last few years and the fact that it is the week before a WGC event has made it enticing for the players to come and play.  The field is so good here these days that it’s almost like a mini-major.  It's not just the players that turn up because it is the first week of the Florida swing, you get managers, trainers and media.  When I walked onto the range on Tuesday it was a scrum to get somewhere to hit, however, all this adds to the tournament and gives it a bigger feel.

I am off early on Thursday and late Friday.  I'm really looking forward to playing as I felt so much better after my round in LA on Sunday - I want to get back out there and put it to the test again.

Talk soon,

Padraig.

Joel Holden

Loved this tournament. In these conditions (first two rounds) you see some surprises and new names. Hard conditions, hard course, great ending, lovely winner.

~Jorrit

Harrington was doing this before round 3. Band around his knees + happy Gilmore. I guess he's trying to get the right hip more active? I dunno.

Here's a partial slow motion of Berger's driver swing face on. Some shoddy editing by NBC. Congrats to Harrington and good on Berger. Looks like he's ok to secure his card for next year, should be a little less pressure now. Be ready for those burger puns from the punny pundits.

http://www.pgatour.com/video/2015/03/02/daniel-berger_s-swing-is-analyzed-at-honda.html

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'm real happy for Paddy Harrington. Things weren't looking good yesterday after that horrible three-putt on 6. But the suspension of play turned out to be a good thing for him, as he came out smoking this morning.

He was saying that his concentration has been poor lately and it exhibited itself today on 17 after he hit it in the water. He was setting up to putt but kept backing off because some people were walking 75 yards away. He also kept walking away from his tee shot on 18 like he was distracted. He's gotta get over that.

Bill M

Man, this was the most fun golf I've seen in ages. Maybe since the last PGA? Paddy's my favorite non-Tiger player and I'm overjoyed he's finally won. Literally couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I was trying to figure what a high finish would get him in terms of getting him temporary status on the Tour, but now he's got his card for two years. So psyched to see a lot more of him here in the states on TV going forward. This is way better than trying to savor a couple shots of his round during the Pebble tournament a few weeks back. So awesome.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Happy for Paddy. Hopefully he turned a corner with his putting. It's painful to watch him psyche himself out over every putt. He's definitely a talented guy, and I emphasize with his constant tinkering.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Great tourney, lots of drama, golf at her best and worst! I especially liked how the water at the 17th looked like it had knocked Padraig out, but he set his mind on what he needed to do and birdied 18.

Came down to 17 again in the playoff, and Padraig took the same club that he hit to the hazard and stuck it tight to the pin for the win!

Very happy for Padraig, he played to win and overcame a lot of difficulty in style. Padraig frets way too much over every shot, if he could learn to relax and have fun with his game, the strong points of his game could give him many more victories.

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

All credit to the champion: Paddy has always played his best golf on the big stages, and this win means we'll be seeing him at those venues again.

But Daniel Berger has been very impressive so far this season. He has to be the front runner for Rookie of the Year honors.

Justin Thomas is right there with him. But great win for Paddy. Glad to see him back in the winner's circle. Plus he gets to go back to Augusta.

After I got off work last night, I immediately went to a local pub w/ some friends & we celebrated the win again while it played on the TV's around us. Very cool moment. I had a golf lesson directly after that and I was 3 manhattans in so I had to get a ride to the lesson. Watching my swing on camera sobered me up quickly...

ANYWHO. Congrats again to Paddy H!

• Upvote 1

Joel Holden

Note: This thread is 3328 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!