IGNORED

2015 The Honda Classic Discussion Thread

Silent
Note: This thread is 3333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@JetFan1983

Excellent photos and videos.  The green grass and palm trees give me hope that this winter will eventually end!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A lot of players with bogeys on their opening hole(s): Garcia, Poulter, Westwood, Mickelson, McDowell for example, and we're just underway! Great tournament, looking forward to 4 days of great golf on an amazing course.

~Jorrit

Amazing photos Jetfan, honestly I'm surprised more people don't go to the practice rounds. It looks like you can get a decent look at any golfer you want.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crim

Amazing photos Jetfan, honestly I'm surprised more people don't go to the practice rounds. It looks like you can get a decent look at any golfer you want.

Thanks, guys. It was a great two days. I'll probably end up going on Saturday, but I'll likely just camp out at the 17th hole, which has a great open air bar and restaurant there to watch the action. Lots of TVs and what not to see the rest of the event. A lot of people I know are doing this, so it'll be more of a social thing than watching the tournament really.

And yea, @Crim , it's extremely easy to see whoever you want. I was one of like four people following Sergio and Kaymer on Tuesday. Dustin Johnson had no one on following him yesterday. Poulter too. Phil and Rory had the biggest galleries, and I'd assume Fowler did too, but he teed off on 10, so he was on the opposite end of the course while I followed Rory around. And even though Rory had the biggest gallery, you could see I still had some decent views. Obviously in person, it was much better viewing things than thru the videos. His ball flight is something to see. 320 yard drives with almost no curve on them (no wind yesterday).

It's blowing out right now though, that's probably why guys are making bogeys today. Yesterday wasn't great preparation for them as it's been calm as can be since Monday.

Constantine

Question, maybe you guys can educate me in this: at the PGA Tour website I also see projected FedEx Cup standings at the leaderboard of the tournament. However, next to Luiten his name (and also Bjorn and Gallacher for example), that field is completely blank. Does that mean they won't play in the FedEx Cup (or are not allowed), even if they will have a good season? Not PGA member or something like that?

~Jorrit

My boy Luiten doing well so far. A GIR from almost 85% so far, and T2 at -1.

PS Don't worry, won't bother you all here with Luiten updates the whole time, just this nice start is worth mentioning I guess. Only 6 holes played though...

~Jorrit

Nick Watney was also 4 over coming to the turn, but is now on a birdie streak with 4 in a row. Back to even par :dance:

I feel like Mr. Watney will do well this week,

Joel Holden

Just found this, you can watch the featured groups right here.

http://pgatour.cbssports.com/live/index.html

They will be switching to Rory's group when he tees off and will be following him for the entire round. :banana::nike:

Joel Holden

Oh! apparently Rory is NOT the featured CBS group :( I was mistaken.

Nonetheless there is a live Rory blog going and he double bogeyed the 1st hole after losing the ball on his first drive. :-(

Joel Holden

I always love the transition from the West Coast swing to the Florida swing because you get a totally different crop of players on the leaderboard. The difference in the California courses and Florida courses are complete opposite. You'll see players Padraig Harrington who stunk out West but is now playing great in Florida. Different style of golf and dealing with more of a seabreeze wind, bermuda rough and bent greens.

Mark Hubbard was disqualified from The Honda Classic after his opening round because he didn't register for the tournament.

Details on this procedure are likely to be shared later, but the rookie was a late entrant when Louis Oosthuizen withdrew this morning.

Weird that he wasn't registered, aren't you already registered if you are on the alternate list?

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Mark Hubbard was disqualified from The Honda Classic after his opening round because he didn't register for the tournament.

Details on this procedure are likely to be shared later, but the rookie was a late entrant when Louis Oosthuizen withdrew this morning.

Weird that he wasn't registered, aren't you already registered if you are on the alternate list?

Poor guy, wonder what happened. Also Mike Weir withdraws for the 2nd week in a row.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/02/26/mike-weir-withdraws-from-honda-classic

Joel Holden

Very interesting tournament so far. A lot of high level players with bad scores. That +1 of Luiten seems better and better, still rising on the leaderboard while already inside for a few hours. McIlory at +4, D. Johnson at +5 (!) at the moment.

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 3333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!