IGNORED

TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing - May 24th, 2015 @ Industry Hills (Babe Course)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And often times, we like to arrive a little early and eat breakfast together, or stay a little afterwards and have a drink or snack.  A lot of us have become pretty decent friends solely through this website and these outings.  They're great!

I know, first hand, how hard it is for some of us to get out of the house for such a large chunk of time on the weekends, but occasionally when time permits, its great.

Look forward to meeting you guys!

Likewise to all of you fellow SO Cal golfers :)

Just trying to find my way around

Mitch

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A lot of us have become pretty decent friends solely through this website.

You're so much cooler online. :-)

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

You're so much cooler online.

Ya know ...

'cause online I'm out in Hollywood (Orange County ain't that far from Hollywood)
I'm 6'5 and I look damn good (6-2, almost 3 ... close enough, right??)

I drive a Maserati (Chevy also ends in a 'sort of' vowel)
I'm a black belt in Karate (Black, white, they're both simple, basic colors - both shades of grey)
And I love a good glass of wine (This is actually true!!  Boom!!!)

:beer:

Here is the updated list:

1. @mvmac

2. @tristanhilton85

3. @Golfingdad

4. @Big C

5. @Bechambo

6. @Ringworld

7. @k-troop

8. @Shindig

9. @bmartin461

10. @The 8th green

11. @The 8th green guest

12. @The 8th green guest

Mitch, if you can, please try to get your two guys to join the site before we all go and play. It'd be nice to kind of get to know them before hand. At this point, we are now at our 12 guys; I'd be hesitant to add more unless we can get another foursome. Also, I think I know everybody's name except for @Ringworld of @The 8th green could let me know what they are, that'd be great. I also will need to get the handicaps for everybody, however, I won't need that until the week of the 18th, so we can wait for the next revision.

Since we have three solid groups, I'd say we play our normal modified stableford that we've been doing, unless there is another idea.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I'll play two rounds between now and then, but I'm suuuper rusty. My HCP will have to be an estimate, as I've played only 3 rounds this year, and haven't kept an official HCP in over a year. But it will be no more than 4. How's that??

Kevin

That's fine with me.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Hi Tristan,

The guests will be my son, Ryan and my nephew Jason.  We play together every weekend, but we don't have official handicaps.  We all generally shoot 100 or so for 18 holes - all pretty much beginners, but looking to improve and very much enjoying our weekly outings.  We hope you guys can put up with that kind of play.  If not, just let us know.  I'm going to see them tonight - we also bowl together - just won our league two weeks ago :)  I'll have them sign up this week.

Just trying to find my way around

Mitch

I'll play two rounds between now and then, but I'm suuuper rusty. My HCP will have to be an estimate, as I've played only 3 rounds this year, and haven't kept an official HCP in over a year. But it will be no more than 4. How's that??

I call bs!!!! No excuses!!!!! ;)

I call bs!!!! No excuses!!!!! ;)

I smell a side bet.

Kevin

And I smell a hustle. ;)

That could be your favorite pair of Trues fermenting in the corner.

Kevin

Hi Tristan,

The guests will be my son, Ryan and my nephew Jason.  We play together every weekend, but we don't have official handicaps.  We all generally shoot 100 or so for 18 holes - all pretty much beginners, but looking to improve and very much enjoying our weekly outings.  We hope you guys can put up with that kind of play.  If not, just let us know.  I'm going to see them tonight - we also bowl together - just won our league two weeks ago :)  I'll have them sign up this week.

Hi, how old are your son and nephew?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

That's fine with me.

Ok, now I feel singled out, not being able to take my son. ;-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Ok, now I feel singled out, not being able to take my son.

First, the "That's fine with me" quote was in response to @k-troop 's post about handicap... I should have quoted it, but I was on my phone and missed hitting the "Quote and Reply" button.

Second, I hope that you don't actually feel singled out and that you were just kidding. If you actually do feel singled out, PM me or something.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/80388/tst-socal-2015-spring-outing-may-24th-2015-industry-hills-babe-course/162#post_1137686"] Ok, now I feel singled out, not being able to take my son. ;-) [/QUOTE] First, the "That's fine with me" quote was in response to @k-troop 's post about handicap... I should have quoted it, but I was on my phone and missed hitting the "Quote and Reply" button. Second, I hope that you don't actually feel singled out and that you were just kidding. If you actually do feel singled out, PM me or something.

I was making a joke, and as we foun out the son and nephew are grown men possibly even with their own kids. ;-) But, it does make me feel better about you, now that you cleared up who your reply was directed and the misdirection was simply from the lack of a quote. Sorry if it caused you any anguish.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

30 and 31 .... they're not kids any more :(

Cool, look forward to having them join the site and our SoCal group!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

@ tristanhilton85. Call me Vic in another life they also call me Ringworld on another site that is Golf related but you guys probably knew that already :D

BTW not definite but I will try to bring some S.W.A.G. as a little teaser to all those that play.  After all being a community director should count for something.

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

Note: This thread is 3246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!