IGNORED

TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing - May 24th, 2015 @ Industry Hills (Babe Course)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree with Colin that Industry Hills would be a great choice. I'm fine with driving as long as we have a good turn out, so I can look into that. IIRC, I think were looking at around $100 each at Industry on the weekend. Another option would be somewhere out in the IE so that it's pretty central to everybody. I know that we've played there before, but I'd be good with Goose Creek again.

A few months ago, Industry Hills was advertising discounted times for SCGA members. I think it was $69 for the Babe and $79 for Ike during the weekend. It was a really good deal - I'll keep my eyes open in case they decide to run a similar promotion.

DVRing the Masters is dumb. You'll all miss out on some great thread discussions. Watch it Live. Very very few commercials during The Masters.

Masters weekend is my favorite televised golfing event of the year by far. But even so, give me a choice between watching golf and playing golf and I won't have to think for more that a split second before making my decision. ;-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There won't be an outing scheduled during Masters weekend :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

OK, no Masters weekend rounds, so that leaves us with these current options, I think:

- Saturday/Sunday April 25-26

- Saturday/Sunday May 2-3

- Saturday May 9

I vote for Cinco de Mayo weekend....

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

OK, no Masters weekend rounds, so that leaves us with these current options, I think:

- Saturday/Sunday April 25-26

- Saturday/Sunday May 2-3

- Saturday May 9

I'm out for April 25-26, playing in a tournament in San Francisco. The May dates work for me.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

May dates look fine to me. The weekend before the Masters, which I'm not sure works for everyone anyway, is also the weekend of the ANA Inspiration. I'm fine playing golf instead of attending that. That having been said, if anyone's planning to attend the ANA, it might be fun to meet up there.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Speak of the devil, I just got an email from Industry Hills. We can play the Babe Saturday or Sunday for $64 (for SCGA members) or $74 (non-members). I believe the deal runs through springtime, so it should be good to use in May.

Speak of the devil, I just got an email from Industry Hills. We can play the Babe Saturday or Sunday for $64 (for SCGA members) or $74 (non-members). I believe the deal runs through springtime, so it should be good to use in May.

Sounds like a great place. May 2nd or even the 3rd are probably good for me. Further into May would be bad. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Sounds like a great place. May 2nd or even the 3rd are probably good for me. Further into May would be bad. . .

Fyi, industry hills (Ike, however, not babe) is the scene of my "101" crime of a couple of years ago.

Either of the May dates are fine with me.

Since everybody has said May is fine, and jefkve seems to prefer the earlier date, why don't we go with May 2 or 3? Do we want to play Saturday or Sunday?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Saturday afternoon?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'll have to sit this one out then, since that's the only weekend I can't make.  But I'll stay subscribed in case the date changes.  I don't think my friend in SoCal will be able to make the Palm Springs event anyway, so the summer one may be a better fit anyway (he's coastal, I believe).

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I'll have to sit this one out then, since that's the only weekend I can't make.  But I'll stay subscribed in case the date changes.  I don't think my friend in SoCal will be able to make the Palm Springs event anyway, so the summer one may be a better fit anyway (he's coastal, I believe).

Which "Santa" is it? If he's close then we should play whenever you come to visit regardless of if it happens to be an outing weekend.

Which "Santa" is it? If he's close then we should play whenever you come to visit regardless of if it happens to be an outing weekend.

I want to say Santa Monica, but I'll find out and let you know.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I'd like to get as many people as possible. Since this is the one weekend in May that @bplewis24 is unavailable, maybe we look at the May 9th date. Can you make that work @Lihu ?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Quote:

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

I'd like to get as many people as possible. Since this is the one weekend in May that @bplewis24 is unavailable, maybe we look at the May 9th date. Can you make that work @Lihu ?

We're celebrating my wife's birthday that Saturday then Mother's day, of course. My mom's birthday is the weekend after that. Not sure playing golf those weekends would go over with the family too well, and my son will probably bow out for sure on those days since he is playing golf every day for school. All in all, early to mid May is not really good for us. :-(

If not Spring, we can catch up in the Summer! Maybe even two outings in the Summer? :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

If not Spring, we can catch up in the Summer! Maybe even two outings in the Summer? :-)

I think I suggested last summer that we have one near Tristan... I forget if that was something you'd be up for. There are lots of great courses out that way that are surprisingly empty in June, July, and August. We could make an extended weekend of playing 2-3 of them.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 3251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!