IGNORED

Hitting Net

Note: This thread is 3230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pictures!!!

I will when its setup. The UPS website says its out for delivery. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas. Everytime I hear a truck go by I look out window to see if its the delivery guy. Garage is sort of cleaned out and waiting for its new addition.

Since I promised you all a picture here is the first one.  The net is the only thing that is fully setup.  The side barriers are hanging but haven't attached them all the way yet.  The TrueStrike mat is absent in the picture because the UPS dude apparently can't count.  He dropped off only 1 of the 2 packages which happened to be the net, and left the mat on his truck.  So it will hopefully be delivered tomorrow.  So I guess the project is only 1/3 of the way completed.  I will send the rest tomorrow when the whole thing is completely setup.

You have to "embed" the picture. Click on the picture icon in the toolbar at the top of the window and paste the link in there. Looks nice, but can't wait to see it all set up (and try it out on Easter!!)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here is the complete setup.  So far everything works perfectly.  The NetReturn net brings the ball right back to you, assuming you make a good shot.  No need for extra balls unless I shank one into the side barrier, which my son did on his first shot. I'm glad I bought it because it probably would have put a hole in the dry wall.  Haven't used the tees yet, you can see the tee holder on the right side of the mat.  The TrueStrike definitely feels better than a traditional mat.  When my back is feeling better I will put it through its paces and report back more about it.  The only thing I didn't account for is how far I would need to stand back from the net when hitting all of my clubs.  Wife is going to lose more driveway space than I told her.  Oh well, I guess it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I'm looking at the same thing, the Net Return because of its high ratings. How much did this whole setup cost?

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

I have had the Callaway 8ft Quad Net for about 5 years now... Very happy with it. Best bang for your buck IMO.

This does look like a possible less expensive alternative to the Net Return. When you use it how many balls do you set up with? The Net Return is very expensive but I like the feature that you can play just one ball.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

I use a dozen or so at a time, but one could use as many as they want. Just toss the balls next to the hitting mat and hit them until your out (just like at the range). Then retrieve them if you want to hit more, I really don't find it inconvenient in any way

• 2 weeks later...
How many shag balls can you buy for the cost of a ball return and the novelty of hitting the same ball into the net over and over?

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

• Administrator

How many shag balls can you buy for the cost of a ball return and the novelty of hitting the same ball into the net over and over?

I don't know… How much does two acres of land cost where you live?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's a sweet setup! How are you liking the TrueStrike now that your back has hopefully healed? Do you wear spikes when using it? I'm a big fan of practicing true to actual game conditions, and sometimes I find my spikes get a little too caught up in AstroTurf. Grass has that little bit of give or slide when hitting, so I was just wondering.

Does it have a rough option? Another question I could probably look up online, but figured I'd get an opinion from an actual user than the website.

That's a sweet setup! How are you liking the TrueStrike now that your back has hopefully healed? Do you wear spikes when using it? I'm a big fan of practicing true to actual game conditions, and sometimes I find my spikes get a little too caught up in AstroTurf. Grass has that little bit of give or slide when hitting, so I was just wondering.

Not that you were asking me, but I wear golf shoes whenever I practice... I've found it's important to keep things consistent

I have a net similar to this, where the poles travel diagonally and intercept each other in the centre of the top area  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GGVCXW/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza but it's difficult to put up, does anyone know of any videos or a guide on how to put it up easily ? I didn't find any for a similar net to this

Note: This thread is 3230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!