IGNORED

Greg Norman Says Players Content with Top 20s over Wins

Patch
Note: This thread is 3324 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@Ferguson Please use multi-quote like everyone else.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess it’s fair to say we don’t really see eye to eye on this topic. I know it’s not always the best practice to speculate but do you think this discussion would have taken a different path had the comments come from someone other than Greg Norman - say, Peter Kostis or someone like that?

Nope.  It is a ridiculous statement and if Peter Kostis said it I would disagree with him.  I might disagree a little nicer, since Kostis has not spent the last 15 years or so leaving a record as a grade A a-hole.  Funny thing is, I liked Greg as a player.  But his narcissistic "LOOK AT ME" behavior, since he faded from competition has made me despise the man.

I just hate all the fake BS...

You mean like an argument that claims to have facts but cannot provide any evidence of them?  Or maybe someone who re-brands their own opinions as facts?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Nope.  It is a ridiculous statement and if Peter Kostis said it I would disagree with him.  I might disagree a little nicer, since Kostis has not spent the last 15 years or so leaving a record as a grade A a-hole.  Funny thing is, I liked Greg as a player.  But his narcissistic "LOOK AT ME" behavior, since he faded from competition has made me despise the man.  You mean like an argument that claims to have facts but cannot provide any evidence of them?  Or maybe someone who re-brands their own opinions as facts?

Understood. I think Greg is trying to maintain the fanfare he once had. He’s like a retired one hit rock star without a stage. Seeing that none of the major networks use him for a golf commentator, I have to think that generally people admire his golf achievements but have very little respect for the man. What I don’t understand about a guy like Greg is that he still gets interviews and people seek out his opinion – perhaps they know his reaction and the shock value alone is worth the copy. I have missed this, but did anyone “currently inside the ropes” tweet, email, text, comment or rebut his comments from the article publically and say, Greg, sorry pal, you have it all wrong?

I have missed this, but did anyone “currently inside the ropes” tweet, email, text, comment or rebut his comments from the article publically and say, Greg, sorry pal, you have it all wrong?

Not that I've seen. They're probably too busy practicing, haha

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Understood. I think Greg is trying to maintain the fanfare he once had. He’s like a retired one hit rock star without a stage. Seeing that none of the major networks use him for a golf commentator, I have to think that generally people admire his golf achievements but have very little respect for the man. What I don’t understand about a guy like Greg is that he still gets interviews and people seek out his opinion – perhaps they know his reaction and the shock value alone is worth the copy. I have missed this, but did anyone “currently inside the ropes” tweet, email, text, comment or rebut his comments from the article publically and say, Greg, sorry pal, you have it all wrong?

You know that's changing this year right? Fox is doing the US open and he's filling the Johnny Miller role for them. Should be interesting.

You know that's changing this year right? Fox is doing the US open and he's filling the Johnny Miller role for them. Should be interesting.

The US OPEN is on ESPN and NBC. And listening to Chris Berman calling golf on Thursday and Friday is like having dental surgery at an insurance seminar.

Not that I've seen. They're probably too busy practicing, haha

I laughed when I noticed that no one currently involved with golf had anything to say about it. I didn't want to say anything earlier and get everyone's pants in a wad. I’m fascinated. Even though 90% of you guys argue that everyone on tour is a hardworking, 100% invested player, and they are always practicing and trying to win, the word “cruiser” was used in this thread. “Cruiser”? So, am I to understand there is an actual term for the guys depicted by Norman as sheep? How can there be a term for guys that don’t exist?

The US OPEN is on ESPN and NBC. And listening to Chris Berman calling golf on Thursday and Friday is like having dental surgery at an insurance seminar.

Not anymore.

I laughed when I noticed that no one currently involved with golf had anything to say about it.

I didn't want to say anything earlier and get everyone's pants in a wad.

I’m fascinated. Even though 90% of you guys argue that everyone on tour is a hardworking, 100% invested player, and they are always practicing and trying to win, the word “cruiser” was used in this thread.

“Cruiser”?

So, am I to understand there is an actual term for the guys depicted by Norman as sheep?

How can there be a term for guys that don’t exist?

Someone created it in this thread, and I used it in response to them.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Not anymore.  Someone created it in this thread, and I used it in response to them.

It's about time. I did not know that FOX was handling it. Well, at least we can start a thread called "Norman - a good commentator or the same old A-hole." I thought the cruiser thing was an established term. gracias.

It's about time. I did not know that FOX was handling it. Well, at least we can start a thread called "Norman - a good commentator or the same old A-hole." I thought the cruiser thing was an established term. gracias.

I laughed when I read that thread title.. I'll be waiting in the wings until you start it. :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

As usual, I will be prepared to handle both sides of the argument. I’m even going to start working out with weights and stuff. McGleno will be impressed. Between comments about kangaroos, walkabouts and his special man-friend relationship with Crocodile Dundee, you know that Greg Norman is going to say something resembling the comments in this article. It will be on live TV. I CAN'T WAIT.

@Ferguson , please read this about multi-quoting.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3324 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!