IGNORED

Joe vs pro

VegasRenegade
Note: This thread is 3304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Joe (20 Handicap, Better Ball Scramble)
    • Pro (3 Handicap, Worst Ball Scramble)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Oh okay, I see now. . .

Errr, no you didn't. :) Drew was making a bad joke.

I think the 20 handicapper wins 65-70 times out of 100.

Okay, now I get it.

I'd say it was more than an "educated guess" type of "think" given the fact that you quoted some odds. I definitely wouldn't bet against you. :smartass:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Plot twist:  The pro's name is Joe.  The "joe's" name is Mark.

Haha... I'll take the amateur 20 handicap who goes by the name of Mark... if that's his real name ;-)

David Wedzik
Director of Instruction, Golf Evolution

LOWEST SCORE WINS! <- Check it out!!!

Haha... I'll take the amateur 20 handicap who goes by the name of Mark... if that's his real name

No, I'm just totally goofing with you - I have no idea what either guys name is!  Too much snow is making you guys crazy over there. :beer:

OK just so were all on the same page. The difference on the Tees is more like 250 for 9 holes depending on excatly were they are. On several holes it would mean the hitting an 8 iron instead of a 6, which would mean I could be much closer to the hole ill take it if he will give it. I was terrible on the range today. just a friendly wager $10 a hole double you winnings for the match. So worse case scenario or best is $180 The Round is free. I did I mention both the pro and Joe are one year older today.

OK just so were all on the same page. The difference on the Tees is more like 250 for 9 holes depending on excatly were they are. On several holes it would mean the hitting an 8 iron instead of a 6, which would mean I could be much closer to the hole ill take it if he will give it. I was terrible on the range today.

just a friendly wager $10 a hole double you winnings for the match. So worse case scenario or best is $180

The Round is free. I did I mention both the pro and Joe are one year older today.

Take the distance, even more if you can! I noticed*** there are black tees and white/green tees. I would get him to play back and you forward, too.

A 3 handicap is generally 2 clubs stronger than a 20 HC if not more. So, the second shot is probably 20 yards closer for him and another 2 clubs shorter on the approach.

Do you have some statistics we could play with?

What is your average drive and your current longest drive?

What is his average driving distance?

***Are you playing this course? Front or back?

http://clubsg.skygolf.com/courses/scorecard.php?id=647

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasRenegade

OK just so were all on the same page. The difference on the Tees is more like 250 for 9 holes depending on excatly were they are. On several holes it would mean the hitting an 8 iron instead of a 6, which would mean I could be much closer to the hole ill take it if he will give it. I was terrible on the range today.

just a friendly wager $10 a hole double you winnings for the match. So worse case scenario or best is $180

The Round is free. I did I mention both the pro and Joe are one year older today.

Take the distance, even more if you can! I noticed*** there are black tees and white/green tees. I would get him to play back and you forward, too.

A 3 handicap is generally 2 clubs stronger than a 20 HC if not more. So, the second shot is probably 20 yards closer for him and another 2 clubs shorter on the approach.

Do you have some statistics we could play with?

What is your average drive and your current longest drive?

What is his average driving distance?

***Are you playing this course? Front or back?

http://clubsg.skygolf.com/courses/scorecard.php?id=647

Unnecessary info, the Joe (20 HC) wins, hands down.

Bob

WITB

Driver:                         Ping I25 10.5 PWR65 stiff Flex

Fairway Woods:          Ping TiSi Tec 3, 5 and 7 graphite Cushin stiff flex

Irons:                         Pinhawk SL 5-PW 37.25 inches 

Wedges:                     Reid Lockhart 52 and 60 quad bounce, 56 dual bounce 

Putter:                        Boccieri Heavy Putter B3-M (250 gram back weight)

Ball:                            MG C4 / Wilson Duo

Grips:                         Winn DriTac midsize Blue

I have never notice either the black or green tees, I think Ill start with the black and greens and settle for blue vs white. Thinking about the driver I think I will be hitting to drivers of the Tee. It takes a relly bad shot to hit out of play and with two shots I have a good chance to get one of them out 250, longest drives this year 275 usually get one of them a round.

I have never notice either the black or green tees, I think Ill start with the black and greens and settle for blue vs white. Thinking about the driver I think I will be hitting to drivers of the Tee. It takes a relly bad shot to hit out of play and with two shots I have a good chance to get one of them out 250, longest drives this year 275 usually get one of them a round.

You should win. . .now I'm wondering why the 3 HC took the bet?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

He wants to keep me taking lessons, also few relize how hard worse ball is.

Yeah, he should make back the $180 in one or two lessons. ;-)

Have fun.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I'm pretty sure that he realizes how hard it is. It still seems like a poor bet to take. I play matches with my instructor (no strokes), but he won't bet anything with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasRenegade

I'm pretty sure that he realizes how hard it is. It still seems like a poor bet to take. I play matches with my instructor (no strokes), but he won't bet anything with me.

But you aren't a 20 handicapper either.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Like @iacas pointed out, the 20 is going to shoot around 46 just playing one ball, he can only improve with the second ball. The 3 handicap is going to have to play pretty solid to beat him.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Like @iacas pointed out, the 20 is going to shoot around 46 just playing one ball, he can only improve with the second ball. The 3 handicap is going to have to play pretty solid to beat him.

Sorry...I was replying  to Pretzel's comment about playing his instructor, not to the OP about his challenge.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Loose.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

please post comments on the other thread this is just to vote who will win.

Joe" me is playing my "pro" in a 9 hole match play. My handicap is 20 pro is currently a 3.

The game is I play two best ball including putts. Pro plays two worse ball including putts.

Match is this Tuesday more info on other thread

Who wins.

Note: This thread is 3304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!