IGNORED

The 2015 Newport Cup

iacas
Note: This thread is 3009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The cost for golf + lodging will be under $500. We'll request payment (to @mvmac) on around July 20th when we name the last two members of the team(s). We already have the house reserved.

Please Paypal mvmac83@gmail.com

Or you can send me a check, PM me for where to mail it.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm booked now too, arriving around 8 PM on Tuesday evening:

Tue, 08SEP15 UA939 T WASHINGTON, DC
(IAD - DULLES) 6:08 PM
PHOENIX, AZ
(PHX) 7:52 PM
A-320 Purchase
Sun, 13SEP15 UA1271 W PHOENIX, AZ
(PHX) 7:40 AM
WASHINGTON, DC
(IAD - DULLES) 3:00 PM
737-900 Purchase

I've also booked an Intermediate Car (Toyota Corolla or similar) from Thrifty at a total cost of about $185.  This will definitely take two players, and may carry 3 without too much trouble. I also looked at minivans and "luxury" vehicles, which would take 4 golfers, and I see prices around $380 for the same time frame, so I don't see a big financial incentive to use the larger vehicles.  I booked through AAA, so maybe someone else can get better rates.  I can always cancel my car with no penalty.

I'll be sending a check when the time comes, I'll wait to hear the exact cost, and will PM to get the details.

When I was first invited, this seemed a long ways away, but the fun and games will be starting two months from today!  I can't wait.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Please Paypal mvmac83@gmail.com

Or you can send me a check, PM me for where to mail it.

Cool. Just LMK who much it ends up coming out to and the money will be on the way.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

I've also booked an Intermediate Car (Toyota Corolla or similar) from Thrifty at a total cost of about $185.  This will definitely take two players, and may carry 3 without too much trouble. I also looked at minivans and "luxury" vehicles, which would take 4 golfers, and I see prices around $380 for the same time frame, so I don't see a big financial incentive to use the larger vehicles.  I booked through AAA, so maybe someone else can get better rates.  I can always cancel my car with no penalty.

Neither do I, primarily because we would be giving up seating room for golf clubs.

If someone wanted to get a full size car and someone else get a van. Then each team (I assume captains as well, so 7 people per) would put in $80 to cover the cost of the mini-van and full size car. That way the mini-van could carry each teams clubs. Just an option.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Neither do I, primarily because we would be giving up seating room for golf clubs.

If someone wanted to get a full size car and someone else get a van. Then each team (I assume captains as well, so 7 people per) would put in $80 to cover the cost of the mini-van and full size car. That way the mini-van could carry each teams clubs. Just an option.

I'm open to any arrangement that works for all of us.  I just felt like doing a little more in-depth research, and figured I might as well book something while I was on the website.  The final choices might need to wait until we hear from everyone regarding flights, arrivals, and departures.  So far we have you arriving at 10 AM, me at 8 PM, and Kyle at nearly 11 PM.  (I know scary-looking Kyle is on that other team, but I think we should pretend to be friendly until Thursday morning, at least.)

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

I'm open to any arrangement that works for all of us.  I just felt like doing a little more in-depth research, and figured I might as well book something while I was on the website.  The final choices might need to wait until we hear from everyone regarding flights, arrivals, and departures.  So far we have you arriving at 10 AM, me at 8 PM, and Kyle at nearly 11 PM.  (I know scary-looking Kyle is on that other team, but I think we should pretend to be friendly until Thursday morning, at least.)

There's also a possibility that me, and perhaps two of our other teammates will be arriving at 10pm.

haha I can take an uber. No big deal so you guys don't have to wait a while for me. Ill chip in for a car or van for the week. you know....you can rent brand new cars from Toyota dealerships for about $25-30 a day. We could get a tundra or sequoia for like $150 total. Someone would have to get there early tuesday to pick it up, but Id def call ahead and see. I rented a camry in florida from a dealership for 2 weeks once. I think it was like $250 total.

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

There's also a possibility that me, and perhaps two of our other teammates will be arriving at 10pm.

And we know that the last four players won't be announced for another week and a half, so anything we all do now will be tentative.  I just HATE waiting!!

Dave

Cool. Just LMK who much it ends up coming out to and the money will be on the way.

$450 for golf and lodging.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

OK, I am booked.

Southwest airlines from John Wayne to Phoenix.  Arriving Tuesday night at 9:55, leaving Saturday evening at 7:20.

Checked car rentals and I can get a full size sedan (Chevy Impala or similar) for $130.  Didn't reserve anything yet though.

I have a bad feeling I will be the only one arriving in the morning. Curse you Southwest :cry:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I'll be driving in on Tuesday night after work; I'll likely be there around 11pm or so.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Checked car rentals and I can get a full size sedan (Chevy Impala or similar) for $130.  Didn't reserve anything yet though.

Drew, is that with all the taxes and fees?  My quote started out at around $120, and ended up being $185 with everything included,

I have a bad feeling I will be the only one arriving in the morning. Curse you Southwest

Sounds like you'll be getting a practice round in on Tuesday, while we're all still in transit.

Dave

Drew, is that with all the taxes and fees?  My quote started out at around $120, and ended up being $185 with everything included

Nope, I didn't go that far.  You are correct that when I go the next page to book it, its $190.  A lot of fees ...

and one of them I notice is a 3.25% County Stadium Tax.  Looks like we're paying for a small portion of University of Phoenix Stadium??

You're welcome Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and one of them I notice is a 3.25% County Stadium Tax.  Looks like we're paying for a small portion of University of Phoenix Stadium??

You're welcome Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They got to pay to slide that field outside so the grass can get it's sun ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Wish I could fly Southwest but they don't have any flights in my area. Jetblue only give you  1 free bag under 50lbs. Maybe I'll try shipsticks or something for my golf bag idk

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Wish I could fly Southwest but they don't have any flights in my area. Jetblue only give you  1 free bag under 50lbs. Maybe I'll try shipsticks or something for my golf bag idk

Vince, if your golf bag can fly for free, I'd bet you can get by with carry-on for your clothes.  My bag in its travel cover is about 40 pounds, with enough balls and 2 pairs of golf shoes, so I can put some of my clothes in too.  Carry-on will be plenty for me, its not like we need sweaters,  waterproofs, and umbrellas.

Dave

$450 for golf and lodging.

Payment sent!

Kyle Paulhus

Note: This thread is 3009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!