IGNORED

EA Sports...Rory's McILroy's PGA TOUR :)

Crim
Note: This thread is 3180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm surprised they didn't name it PGA Tour 2015 and just put Ricky Fowler on the cover to attract the kids.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

While it doesn't have any licensing for real courses and what not you may want to check out The Golf Club.  The controls and how it plays is very real and doesn't have an arcade feel to it like past EA Sports golf games.

Mike

In the bag:
Ping G30 Driver
x hot 3 wood
x hot 3, 4, 5 hybrids
Callaway XR irons
Cleveland RTX 54 and 58 wedges
Edel E-3 Torque balanced putter

It's a game, and it's meant to be fun, entertaining, and challenging. Although with sufficient practice you can shoot a 54. Your first time out you will shoot over 90.

Back to the Future II. Wild Gunman scene - I know how to use google. ;-)

• Upvote 1

Julia

Spoiler

I have to say I have PGA tour 2005 on PC and PS2 and I have to say that that was the best PGA Tour game I've played, though the PC version should have had Tiger Vision, maybe if they add a "tiger Vision" style putting mode in PGA Tour 15 they can call it, "Rory Vision" or "McIlroy Vision" lol.

-Josh 

"Why set yourself up for Failure, when you can set yourself up to succeed" -GolfMaineiac26

Tiger PGA tour 2005 was the first one I really got into. Best score was a 43 at Turnberry and yes that is for 18 holes. But I don't have have the time to put all those hours into a game anymore. My copy of the Masters edition has mostly collected dust. EA would have to add a lot more features to entice me to buy the newest version. Rory isn't enough.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I think if they add immersion such as an option to walk the course after each hole, and add interact able caddies that you can ask for on course advice, club selection, how they think the shot should be played ect. Also a couple other features such as "create a course" and "create a Tour" would be nice. One of the best features would be to allow the player to be paired with a pro such as Phil Mickleson, or Rickie Fowler, and allow you to watch them as they take their shots, just some idea's.

-Josh 

"Why set yourself up for Failure, when you can set yourself up to succeed" -GolfMaineiac26

Will it include a "throw club in lake" button? Keep hitting Circle to build power and wang that club!

I suppose it could be worse, could have been Lee Westowood's PGA Tour 2015. has a bug in the code that prevents you from winning any of the majors :-P

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Will it include a "throw club in lake" button? Keep hitting Circle to build power and wang that club!

Haha hey, that wouldn't be a bad idea "ever wanted to throw your club in the lake? well here if we throw the club in the lake we might miss the lake"

-Josh 

While it doesn't have any licensing for real courses and what not you may want to check out The Golf Club.  The controls and how it plays is very real and doesn't have an arcade feel to it like past EA Sports golf games.

I own this on PS4 and do enjoy it. It doesn't have the long-term playability of other golf games, yet, and there are some issues with spin that I have. But it's a really solid game. And the create a course thing is nice - people have created a lot of the famous courses. I have really high hopes for the game to continually improve, because the developers appear to be always working on improving it. Plus, it's I think $35, which is about half the price of what this game will be.

I'll probably end up buying this, although my final decision will come down to how many courses they put into the game.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• 3 months later...

Has anyone gotten this game yet? How do you like it?

If you have an Xbox one you can demo the game for 5 dollars.

I tried it and wasn't impressed.  I tried the Arcade mode and the realistic mode.  Both modes were ok.  I might get the game once it comes down in price.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

I got it. Quite honestly, I think it sucks. Considering that they skipped last year, I was expecting some good things. The game from two years ago was much better. The looks of the new one are obviously better (PS4/Xbox One vs. PS3/Xbox 360), but not that much better. The wait time between holes is almost non existent, and that's nice, but that's about all the game has going for it. There are a lot less golfers, a lot less courses, a tour mode that leaves a lot to be desired, a horrible "create a golfer" mode, and no Masters/Augusta. It's not worth the money. I

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Don't worry. When you get to the maximum level you'll get a message: "Your golfer has become a legend. You can continue your golfer's legend by purchasing downloadable content." It's the new business model. There is only the harvest (of our money).

Julia

Spoiler

Don't worry. When you get to the maximum level you'll get a message: "Your golfer has become a legend. You can continue your golfer's legend by purchasing downloadable content." It's the new business model. There is only the harvest (of our money).

Micro transactions are the future of gaming sadly.  Clash of Clans makes 2 million a day.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

I've been playing since last night and I shot -13 tonight. Chambers Bay is a pretty difficult course to putt on. I felt for DJ after playing it a few times haha.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0
3W:  Nike VRS Covert
3H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
4H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
5-AW:  Nike  VRS-X
SW:  Nike VRS Covert
LW:  Nike VRS X3X 60*
Putter:  Nike Method MC-3i

I got it and only played it a bit.  I like playing on Tour mode and not being able to zoom in to where you're aiming.  You have to use the hole map which makes it seem more realistic.  I did read it's on a 2 year release cycle so I think they put the game out with the bare minimum and they did say there would be free DLC coming soon.  So they'll add courses and what not over that two years.  It's fun for me thus far.

Mike

In the bag:
Ping G30 Driver
x hot 3 wood
x hot 3, 4, 5 hybrids
Callaway XR irons
Cleveland RTX 54 and 58 wedges
Edel E-3 Torque balanced putter

Just got it the other day. For having played two previous versions, it always takes me a round or two to adjust (or maybe adjust to the controller I happen to be using). The lack of real courses is a disappointment. I'm not really happy with the idea of having to pay them more to get more courses, which I assume will be the deal.

The load time is definitely nice. Playing 18 with my bruv always takes so long and this helps.

Other than that I'll give it a week or so and see if it grows on me. You get so used to the other version that everything about the new one seems just a bit off.

Note: This thread is 3180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!