IGNORED

EA Sports...Rory's McILroy's PGA TOUR :)

Crim
Note: This thread is 3188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You can create some pretty weird looking characters in the creation screen. I managed a decent looking one. I think she looks Thai.

They need to improve the zoom mode with a patch in Rory. In TW, when you changed clubs it would follow where you would hit the ball, but in this one, sometimes you're way out of range guessing and turning your screen around trying to find that blue line. I have enough trouble in arcade mode with the swing stick with it so easy to go OTT. I create the golfer for career mode because it's kinda fun. I've made all but one cut, got told on the US OPEN, "well there's always next week" after shooting a 76 at CB, then somehow made the cut, but ended up +12 for the tournament. Damn I hate that course. But I won my first tournament at that course in Maine this week with a -11.

I agree that it's better in that I can finally play the shot from where the ball lies. If I hit the ball in a hazard I have choices of how I want to proceed, whereas in TW I had to rehit the shot and take S&D.; It plays more like real golf, and they didn't go too difficult with it. I like the ability to zoom on the arcade mode because well i hve difficulty with translating from 2D and the screen is smaller than real life.

I haven't tried the online mode. I don't think anyone would put up with my slow play.

It's fun, and although there aren't as many courses available as there were in the previous version, you had to unlock the courses in the previous versions with gold coins or buy them with microsoft points. Microtransactions. They're going to have course packs coming out for this game and probably golfer packs as well.

I've tried the fantasy stuff, and might play more of that later, like when I've smoked a little.

It's challenging, but EA has some things they need to work out in their presentation with the zoom in which I'm very disappointed when you get in some situations like extreme uphill or when you're hitting out of thick rough and must hit a knock down shot or something like that. Because of this, I give the game a solid 6/10 - above average. It is fun to play and doesn't go over the top with the difficulty.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They need to improve the zoom mode with a patch in Rory. In TW, when you changed clubs it would follow where you would hit the ball, but in this one, sometimes you're way out of range guessing and turning your screen around trying to find that blue line.

I believe if you hit the LB or L1 button it will switch the view to focus on the blue line.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I believe if you hit the LB or L1 button it will switch the view to focus on the blue line.

True and if you click L3 (click the joystick) it will zoom in closer to where your aimed at.

Note: This thread is 3188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!