IGNORED

Will Tiger Play in the 2015 Masters? YES!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will Tiger play in the 2015 Masters?

• Yes
    • No

I really hope he plays well. Golf history needs him to finish out his career strong, this slow death we have been witnessing has really taken the energy out of the fans.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
That's pretty sad unless you just don't watch much golf in general.

I'm in the same boat. I don't watch much golf unless Tiger's playing. I've had people try to tell me I'm not a golf fan, too… :P

Though I have watched ALL of the women's first major of the year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm in the same boat. I don't watch much golf unless Tiger's playing. I've had people try to tell me I'm not a golf fan, too… :P

Though I have watched ALL of the women's first major of the year.

It's not so much that you think I'm implying that you are not a golf fan. More so that you are more of a fan of Tiger than golf. If that's what float's your boat then so be it.

Sure I like to see him play, but it has zero impact if I watch golf or not...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I've watched lots of golf, but nowadays I don't watch much if Tiger's not playing. It is what it is, I want to see how far he can go and he increase the entertainment value for me by a lot.

I love golf, but competitive golf will always be competitive and about the entertainment. Playing golf is way more fun than watching, and watching is fun when I'm entertained by it. I've seen enough good rounds and good players that I'm interested in the players at this point.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

It's not so much that you think I'm implying that you are not a golf fan. More so that you are more of a fan of Tiger than golf. If that's what float's your boat then so be it.

I know what you're saying, and I'm saying that's a ridiculous statement.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I know what you're saying, and I'm saying that's a ridiculous statement.

And I know what you are saying, I'm saying that some people are a little ridiculous, when it comes to their love affection for Tiger. He does not inspire me in the least. I personally find it refreshing to watch golf when he is not playing.

• Administrator
And I know what you are saying, I'm saying that some people are a little ridiculous, when it comes to their love affection for Tiger. He does not inspire me in the least. I personally find it refreshing to watch golf when he is not playing.

It's ridiculous that you would say that I am not a golf fan, I'm just a Tiger fan. That's what's ridiculous. Flat out absolutely 100% ridiculous.

It's ridiculous that you would say that I am not a golf fan, I'm just a Tiger fan. That's what's ridiculous. Flat out absolutely 100% ridiculous.

I have No doubt that you are a Golf fan. I can read and, I have seen your credential's.  Sorry if you took it the wrong way because that is not how it was intended to be.

• Administrator

I have No doubt that you are a Golf fan. I can read and, I have seen your credential's.  Sorry if you took it the wrong way because that is not how it was intended to be.

I'm just making the point that there are plenty of golf fans who, for whatever reason, take the time to watch golf only when a once-in-a-generation (or longer) talent is playing and don't care if, I don't know, Russell Henley is playing.

That doesn't mean they're "just Tiger fans" or whatever.

I'm in the same boat. I don't watch much golf unless Tiger's playing. I've had people try to tell me I'm not a golf fan, too… :P Though I have watched ALL of the women's first major of the year.

This proves you are a great women's fan :-D I am also pleased that Tiger is playing, a bit excited even. This will change in a lot excited when he is in contention during the weekend.

I'm probably the last person iacas wants or needs speaking for him, but.....

I have been on this forum long enough to know that iacas is not a "fan" of anything except solid fundamentals, efficient practice and continuous improvement.

Like most people, he appreciates that watching arguably the best player ever is a worthwhile and fun thing to do. That does not make him a Tiger "fan", and I am pretty sure that he may say that watching a player - perhaps even one on the LPGA  - do something in particular might be more beneficial for  a student or someone worth emulating more than who you may have in mind. He is not watching the LPGA because anything is better than watching a tournament without Tiger.

To make offhand remarks such as this is not only rude, it's displaying a distinct lack of insight and appreciation of what people are actually saying.

What makes this forum thrive is that people like you and me make the outlandish statements and the owner / moderators pretty much focus on golf itself, not personalities.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Are you not a football fan if you only support one team and watch their games? :tumble:

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Are you not a football fan if you only support one team and watch their games?

Wouldn't the real example be "are you really a football fan if you watched a team only when its star player is playing, but other wise did not watch?"

for example, when Tom Brady isn't playing then fan x doesn't watch, but if Tom Brady is playing he is the number one fan watching every minute (even watching commercials)..  I would say that person is more a fan of Tom Brady than he is of NE or Football, as he would watch Football (or the Pats) if Tom was playing or not.

Anyway, all of this is off topic anyway and I think it is silly to even care if someone is a fan of golf or not and why they watch or they don't, plus the fact that maybe another thread should be started on who is truly a golf fan, and then everyone can try and prove why they are or why they are not..  hey, maybe I'll even start it :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I am pleased he is going to play and hope he performs well.  I also hope he isn't rushing his recovery as it won't be good for golf if he doesn't make it to the weekend.

Butch

I was wrong too, and I'm happy about it!

Now, let's see him blade some chips.....

That's the only reason I will watch Tiger play. Yes.....Tiger truly is the needle! :)

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

• Administrator

Are you not a football fan if you only support one team and watch their games?

Off Topic for this thread, but I always say I'm a Steelers fan, not a football fan.

(Not that it's the kind of football you mentioned, but…).

Anyway, back to the topic. Tiger, the Masters, etc.

Note: This thread is 3281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!