IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The announcer said if you lay back to 80 yards the player would get 8 feet at worst from the pin. He was talking about either going for it and missing it long on hole #13 versus laying up short. One of the guys went back left and the chip on ran to about 20 feet because that green is so severe near the back of the green.

On pure stats, PGA Tour average is 17'3" from 75-100 yards. He's a bit off, more like 200% off.

I was just going to comment on this. I'd lay up on 13 all day today unless I was absolutely positive I could hit the middle of the green. Going long requires a super delicate chip back. And coming up short...well, water.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The announcer said if you lay back to 80 yards the player would get 8 feet at worst from the pin. He was talking about either going for it and missing it long on hole #13 versus laying up short. One of the guys went back left and the chip on ran to about 20 feet because that green is so severe near the back of the green.

On pure stats, PGA Tour average is 17'3" from 75-100 yards. He's a bit off, more like 200% off.

I had to turn off the feed right as Harman was about to pitch onto the green after dunking into the water, but short sided, with the water and slope down back into the creek doesn't seem like any picnic either. I'd rather be off the green with my second like Hoffman.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I had to turn off the feed right as Harman was about to pitch onto the green after dunking into the water, but short sided, with the water and slope down back into the creek doesn't seem like any picnic either. I'd rather be off the green with my second like Hoffman.

Harman pitched it to like 5 feet, it didn't look particularly difficult either (for a pro).

I believe both Hoffman and Harman parred it. Hoffman's chip of the green was absolutely ridiculous. He aimed like 50 feet left and it still wasn't enough. Rolled 20 feet right of the hole.

• Upvote 1

Joel Holden

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

I'm watching the Amen Corner feed now. The darn closed captioning won't go away. Anyone else having that problem?

I love the 12th hole so much.

And no, I never had CC to begin with.

Ack, oh well. Thanks for the reply, Crim.

Constantine

Good start by Rose. Had a rough start to the year but started feeling it a couple weeks ago and said he feels almost back to his 2013 form. A good time to get your game back.

LOL wow, Villegas got so lucky on that hook into the trees.

Edit: Mize lays up on 13. Pitches to a foot away from the pin. :beer:

Joel Holden

Tee shot on 13 is my favorite shot on the course. Second shot on 11 is my favorite approach shot. I'm in heaven watching the amen corner feed.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Wow, incredible eagle put from Danny Willet on the 13th. I bet he's glad that dropped. Looked like it had some speed going in there.

Joel Holden

Ben Crane nearly didn't reach the creek with his tee shot on 12. What a yank!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Ben Crane nearly didn't reach the creek with his tee shot on 12. What a yank!

That was really fat. Don't see that out of Tour pros often.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Do we have a masters live chat going?

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

This coverage

http://www.masters.com/en_US/watch/live.html?videoChannel=ac&promo;=hero_live_WatchLiveatAmenCorner

is so much cleaner than the normal CBSlive feed

For real, when I get home I'm plugging my laptop into my HDTV and going straight to the Masters website, I think it'll look pretty damn good.

Joel Holden

Note: This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!