IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

62 or 63 probably wouldn't even be enough. They prolly need to go 59. I'm sure the two of them will have a nice little game going tomorrow with either some monetary rewards on the line or maybe dinner rewards of some sort to the winner.

63 and under would be nothing less than a miracle. They have no shot to win unless Spieth gives up a few shots. 64 or 65, and hope the crowd gets inside Spieth's head. Otherwise, it's bragging rights and a back-door podium finish.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

That's why I said likely . If Spieth reaches 18-under tomorrow, it will be close to impossible for anybody to catch him; if he shoots even par, maybe Mickelson or Rose could shoot 67 or 68, but I'd give them less than a 50 percent chance. He can't assume 18 pars will get the job done if his lead is cut to one or two strokes early on, but at the same time, the wheels can fall off quickly if he starts focusing on breaking scoring records instead of winning the tournament. His lead is not as secure as it may seem, but he's in control at the moment.

Agreed, I think the green jacket will go to someone in the final two groups... I think the 6-under guys if one or two of them can get off to a great start, they may be able to break up the top-four, but would need a 74 or 75 out of Spieth and little or no movement forward to have any chance, the ghost of Bobby Jones does funny things on Sunday at Augusta

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What is the slope and etc rating for Augusta on Sunday? Just wondering how to compare it to my local muni.

It's not. ANGC hasn't allowed it to be officially rated for CR/SR, even under non-tournament conditions. Dean Knuth estimated it a few years ago at 78.1 / 137, which means playing to my handicap would get me a 99. Here's the article where he unofficially rated it: [URL=http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/golf-masters/2010-04/how-tough-augusta-knuth]How Tough is Augusta National?[/URL]

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Think of this. If you told TW Thursday he will be paired with Rory on Sunday,think he would take it? Neither will win it, but it would be awesome, even if they have a small ,outside chance going to the back 9.

It's been an awesome tournament so far even though Spieth has been running away. Glad to see TW, Paul Casey, Rose and Phil playing well again.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

If Rosie and Phil shoot 67/68 there may well be a play off.The way Spiethy is playing I can't see him shooting over par.I will be well happy if Spieth wins but I want to see 3 or 4 of them in contention down the back nine.

Rory and Tiger are out of it,shame,but there you go.

I'm surprised Hoffman didn't fall further back, but I expect by the turn he'll be out of the Top 10 getting paired with Phil.  I don't see Hoffman doing well riding the Phil Frankencoaster.

I wish Phil would have gotten paired with Jordan, it would have been interesting to see how Jordan reacted to fans pulling for Phil and not him.  I wonder how much sleep Speith will get tonight, the pressure has to be tremendous.

Tiger and Rory pairing is classic, you couldn't write a better Sunday pairing except for them to be the final pairing.

It's been a great tournament, if Tiger finishes top 10 it's a victory for him.

Joe Paradiso

I doubt he'd agree with you. :bugout:

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I doubt he'd agree with you.

I doubt he would too.  He should expect to win every tournament he plays in, otherwise he should retire.  From a fan perspective it's good to see him competing at the higher levels though I'd prefer to see him win too.

Joe Paradiso

I'm surprised Hoffman didn't fall further back, but I expect by the turn he'll be out of the Top 10 getting paired with Phil.  I don't see Hoffman doing well riding the Phil Frankencoaster.

I wish Phil would have gotten paired with Jordan, it would have been interesting to see how Jordan reacted to fans pulling for Phil and not him.  I wonder how much sleep Speith will get tonight, the pressure has to be tremendous.

Tiger and Rory pairing is classic, you couldn't write a better Sunday pairing except for them to be the final pairing.

I hope Phil goes HOT and drags Hoffman with him.

Moving day always shows leads can be trimmed back, Jordan now four up but has a couple of good chasers behind him with plenty of major experience, he will need to stay focus on Sunday to keep them behind, a bogy and double on the back nine today, think shows the pressure of a major is coming into play. Hope young Jordan can hang in there come Sunday be the biggest stage of his career so far.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

This image was posted from a Protracer operator of Tiger's second shot on 13 today (why don't we got protracer on CBS?)

• Upvote 1

:whistle:

So much hype in this tournament: cue the sad music, the Jim Nantz platitudes. I've been watching the whole tournament: great play; now, I'd love to see Jordan play four under and win this thing.

Loads of hype in every major,Spieth may shoot 4 under and win it easily and in the end it will be "well done Jordan" but it will bore the tits off everyone watching.

Regarding predictions, Moxie Dawn was the only one who had Justin Rose (-10) as a first choice.  So that was strong.  navykip has Spieth at -14.

So those choices are looking pretty good right about now for the grips.

Occam's razor

Jordan reminds me a little of McElroy: he doesn't hit it as far; but, they're, both, so Damned good. Also, both of them have just enough Bull Durham: "You've gotta' play them one day at a time," to keep the reporters at bay. Nantz falls into his script at any opportunity: "...and, now, in a great country such as this, where a small town boy can make good...": Horatio Alger, Roy Firestone's lampooning himself in "Jerry McGuire": "...your brother lost his leg in a tragic bass-fishing accident..." Nantz knows how to flog the corporate sponsors, and, obviously, that's what the telecast is, really, about; but the wires are showing: I'd rather listen to Robert Stack, or Lloyd Bridges do the narration, like they acted in the movie: "Airplane!": at least they had a sense of humor about themselves: Nantz sounds like he's hooked on "The Great Gatsby," by way of prep school

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I doubt he'd agree with you.

But he can't truly be dissatisfied after the way the game as been for him over the last year.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 3297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!