Sign in to follow this  
Dpt2005

What is Your Golf Opinion?

Note: This thread is 2065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

41 posts / 1994 viewsLast Reply

Few sports are as individually specific as that of golf! Do you ever look at your golf game and wonder....What is missing from allowing me to reach my goal? I am curious of what those questions are that seem to frustrate you from achieving your golf performancce goals. So I am posing this question: IF YOU COULD HAVE 1 INDIVIDUAL GOLF RELATED QUESTION ANSWERED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I can't wait to see what is on your mind!

Few sports are as individually specific as that of golf! Do you ever look at your golf game and wonder....What is missing from allowing me to reach my goal? I am curious of what those questions are that seem to frustrate you from achieving your golf performancce goals. So I am posing this question: IF YOU COULD HAVE 1 INDIVIDUAL GOLF RELATED QUESTION ANSWERED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I can't wait to see what is on your mind!

What is missing is my inability to achieve the same launch conditions on a consistent basis with my driver and irons specifically. Interestingly I don't have any golf related questions..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Few sports are as individually specific as that of golf!

Do you ever look at your golf game and wonder....What is missing from allowing me to reach my goal?

I am curious of what those questions are that seem to frustrate you from achieving your golf performancce goals.

So I am posing this question:

IF YOU COULD HAVE 1 INDIVIDUAL GOLF RELATED QUESTION ANSWERED, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

I can't wait to see what is on your mind!

Welcome to the forum @Dpt2005 .  Those questions are asked all the time on this site.  We have the Member Swings section where forum member can post video of their swing and ask questions.  We also have a Swing Thoughts section where the site founders, who are both excellent instructors, post material to help forum members improve at the game they love.  Lastly, we have the Instruction and Playing Tips section where general questions are asked.

What would your question be?

Welcome to the forum @Dpt2005 .  Those questions are asked all the time on this site.  We have the Member Swings section where forum member can post video of their swing and ask questions.  We also have a Swing Thoughts section where the site founders, who are both excellent instructors, post material to help forum members improve at the game they love.  Lastly, we have the Instruction and Playing Tips section where general questions are asked.

What would your question be?

Aha!  Well Done!

You wouldn't be trying to avoid the question would you?  it's true for me, that I thought about it and I found that any question that I ever thought of I have already either asked, or seen the answer for.. :)

Few sports are as individually specific as that of golf!

Do you ever look at your golf game and wonder....What is missing from allowing me to reach my goal?

Nope because I know what i am missing to reach my goal. Buy Lowest Score Wins and figure out what you are missing in your game :-D

First) Lack of all 5 keys to the golf swing. I am pretty good on keys 1 and 2, and decent on 3. Keys 4 and 5 make it tough for me to play consistently how I want.

Second) My short game still needs fine tuned. It was much better last year.

Third) I need to really practice my putting this year to get those inside of 5 feet down. I was pretty much 50% from inside of 5. I need to be upwards near 90%.

Distance, every one from scratch to high handicapper's looks for distance, thing I found just returning to golf after 20 years now you can buy distance, clubs and balls over the last years are manufactured to produce distance, it just needs the right formulary to get results. At age 40 I use to get 220 off the tee now age 65 get 240. this is helped buy the new advancement in clubs and balls.

Missing from my game is the ability to get up and down from within 25 yards of the green.  What has also been missing is the time to really work on my weakness part of the game.

Missing from my game is the ability to get up and down from within 25 yards of the green.  What has also been missing is the time to really work on my weakness part of the game.

You might want to reassess your game. If you hit it closer with your irons, you would not have to lean on your short game so much.

I have no question, just an answer. The answer to every single question related to golf is embedded somewhere on this GD board, I assure you. You just need to look. You may find your answer in a new thread, a happy post, a sad post, an angry post, a suggestive, leading and incorrectly quoted post, a trolling post, a directive post from one the board monitors, a post about a tournament, a rules post, an equipment post, a post from left field, a professional post, a post that includes math, a post that suggests a certain emotion by use of the yellow faces, a melancholy post, an accidental multi-quote post intended to be correctly used but used improperly because you don’t know how to do it even though you’ve read the instructions and have been reminded repeatedly to use it correctly, the pointed post, the picture post, the post WWII golf course post, the hitchin’ post, the mailbox post, the sarcastic post, the hard post, the timid post, the run-on sentence post, the post that makes no sense, the post that makes complete sense, the post that you wish you posted, the post that always rings twice, and finally the deleted post. The answer to your question is here.

My one question would be why golfers allow circumstances beyond their control to create their own grief, which takes them out of  their own game? Then they blame their poor play on something, or someone  else.

What's missing from my game is youth - somehow I got old when I wasn't paying attention. :smartass:

What's missing from my game is. Trying to find the time to play more than once a week. Before I had kids I was able to play about 4 times a week. Even playing once a week now, I get the guilt trip that I should be doing something else.

What's missing from my game?

Time.... to practice

to play

If I only had the time.    I could be......................better. :-P

I just hit the ball too many times during the course of 18 holes.

A 6.7HC complaining about hitting the ball too many times makes this 30+HC wonder what the aforementioned 6.7HC would think I do on the golf course. :-$

A 6.7HC complaining about hitting the ball too many times makes this 30+HC wonder what the aforementioned 6.7HC would think I do on the golf course.

To me, this is the beauty of golf.  No matter what your skill level, you have good days and bad, good shots and bad.  Even on the best day, there's something you could have done better, and on the worst, there's probably at least one shot that went well.  The definitions of good and bad may change as your skill changes, but its still a challenge.  And even on the worst days, I'd rather be on the golf course than in the office.

Note: This thread is 2065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!