IGNORED

Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3265 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You mean soon-to-be the ex-Mrs. Dufner, right? She’s still a Dufner. We might need a ruling on this. Would a picture of me in an airport lounge with Meredith Baxter-Birney qualify?

Um, no.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You mean soon-to-be the ex-Mrs. Dufner, right? She’s still a Dufner.

We might need a ruling on this. Would a picture of me in an airport lounge with Meredith Baxter-Birney qualify?

Justine Bateman would work better.  Got one of those?

[QUOTE name="Ferguson" url="/t/81079/jason-amanda-dufner-getting-a-divorce/180_30#post_1122979"] You mean soon-to-be the ex-Mrs. Dufner, right? She’s still a Dufner. We might need a ruling on this. Would a picture of me in an airport lounge with Meredith Baxter-Birney qualify?[/QUOTE] Justine Bateman would work better.  Got one of those?

Not to be a jerk, but she's a little past her prime.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Not to be a jerk, but she's a little past her prime.

IDK, she still looks pretty hot to me. :w00t:

Of course, could be it's because I'm way past mine? :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Is this the same site that gets its panties in a bunch if someone says that someone throws like a girl?  What a fascinating dichotomy of standards and values on display here.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Is this the same site that gets its panties in a bunch if someone says that someone throws like a girl?  What a fascinating dichotomy of standards and values on display here.

I would suppose that life is full of dichotomies, because everyone is different and it's probably good to learn to respect everyone for what they want to be?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I would suppose that life is full of dichotomies, because everyone is different and it's probably good to learn to respect everyone for what they want to be?

I should respect people who behave in a sexist manner?  Why?

Or is it only sexist to say someone throws like a girl but not to leer over half-naked pictures of women, and speculate about their private lives?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Amanda is super hot. Jason was overweight and not in her area code in the looks department. No argument. Jason was rich when she met him. No argument. Finding a chubby, tobacco dipping guy who loves beer and is fun to hang out with....gee must've been an enternity for Amanda to find a guy like that in America. Oh, did I mention he was rich when she met him? No argument. Jason wants to go the SEC game...his choice, his life. What's Amanda say? " no way...you've been off 5 weeks go make some money" You can be naive all you want. "Go make some money" is all Amanda was interested in with Jason. No argument. It will come out she had an affair. Setting for 2.5 million shows there is more to the story against her rather than for her. Again, be as naive as you want. The signs are all there of a classic gold digger. If you can't see that, no biggie...but I know a pack of old friends in Los Angeles who'd love to meet you if you've got bank.
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

Rich, as you know , "this site" is not any one person.

I think if you look at individuals the behavior is fairly consistent by the same individual, and varies from one person to another.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I should respect people who behave in a sexist manner?  Why?

Or is it only sexist to say someone throws like a girl but not to leer over half-naked pictures of women, and speculate about their private lives?

Sure, in essence I agree with what you are stating. Let me qualify what I wrote a little bit with some examples:

There is a lady high school golfer in my home town that is 12th ranked in the nation. She out drives 98% of the men carrying a consistent and accurate drive something like 260 yards, and hits irons as solidly as many male scratch golfers. She's not exactly built like a super model, and if someone told her she looks "hot" she might throw them to the ground (and she could).

There are young women in my son's classes that dress nicely and study well and are very attractive, but if someone stated they look "hot" they would talk the perpetrators into a flurry of embarrassment with their debate skills.

There are girls at my son's school who dress attractively like fashion models. If someone said they look "hot" they would respond with a kind "Thank you. . .".

It all depends who you are talking to. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Amanda is super hot. Jason was overweight and not in her area code in the looks department. No argument. Jason was rich when she met him. No argument. Finding a chubby, tobacco dipping guy who loves beer and is fun to hang out with....gee must've been an enternity for Amanda to find a guy like that in America. Oh, did I mention he was rich when she met him? No argument. Jason wants to go the SEC game...his choice, his life. What's Amanda say? " no way...you've been off 5 weeks go make some money" You can be naive all you want. "Go make some money" is all Amanda was interested in with Jason. No argument. It will come out she had an affair. Setting for 2.5 million shows there is more to the story against her rather than for her. Again, be as naive as you want. The signs are all there of a classic gold digger. If you can't see that, no biggie...but I know a pack of old friends in Los Angeles who'd love to meet you if you've got bank.

Argument, actually. You have no knowledge to support that. I don't know if you're surrounded by cynical people, but I know plenty of people who have been in relationships and marriage where there's been an asymmetry between the people in terms of look or wealth. This may surprise you, but some people go into relationships based on non-superficial factors. That this ended in divorce in no way is concrete proof that this was a money or looks thing. Why do you attribute such negative character to Amanda? Not only does your logic about the settlement not hold water, but there's also no evidence of any infidelity beyond it either. It's some weird stereotyping on your part. Separately, this thread took a heavy turn into general creepy leering. I don't get it.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Argument, actually. You have no knowledge to support that. I don't know if you're surrounded by cynical people, but I know plenty of people who have been in relationships and marriage where there's been an asymmetry between the people in terms of look or wealth. This may surprise you, but some people go into relationships based on non-superficial factors. That this ended in divorce in no way is concrete proof that this was a money or looks thing. Why do you attribute such negative character to Amanda? Not only does your logic about the settlement not hold water, but there's also no evidence of any infidelity beyond it either. It's some weird stereotyping on your part. Separately, this thread took a heavy turn into general creepy leering. I don't get it.

I agree with this, and it's unfair to point fingers at Amanda. [quote name="Vinsk" url="/t/81079/jason-amanda-dufner-getting-a-divorce/198#post_1123058"]Amanda is super hot. Jason was overweight and not in her area code in the looks department. No argument. Jason was rich when she met him. No argument. Finding a chubby, tobacco dipping guy who loves beer and is fun to hang out with....gee must've been an enternity for Amanda to find a guy like that in America. Oh, did I mention he was rich when she met him? No argument. Jason wants to go the SEC game...his choice, his life. What's Amanda say? " no way...you've been off 5 weeks go make some money" You can be naive all you want. "Go make some money" is all Amanda was interested in with Jason. No argument. It will come out she had an affair. Setting for 2.5 million shows there is more to the story against her rather than for her. Again, be as naive as you want. The signs are all there of a classic gold digger. If you can't see that, no biggie...but I know a pack of old friends in Los Angeles who'd love to meet you if you've got bank.[/quote] I’d like to know where some of you arrived at your conclusions. Do you think of all women in marriages with PGA professionals the same way?

Almost everything in this particular forum is opinion based since very few of us have any true insight to the private lives of professional golfers beyond what they share on social media.  Some people given their limited exposure of Amanda Dufner and their own personal experiences have come away with a negative opinion of her and assign her more blame for the failed marriage.  Why does it make them sexist to state their opinion?

At the end of the day, I and most people on here really couldn't care less about their failed marriage.  Someone posted a thread on here about it and everyone shared their opinion, it's really not that big a deal unless you're related to the Dufners.

Joe Paradiso

I agree with this, and it's unfair to point fingers at Amanda.

I’d like to know where some of you arrived at your conclusions. Do you think of all women in marriages with PGA professionals the same way?

So speculating about Amanda is unfair but in the Chris DiMarco says Tiger wasn't forthright about why he withdrew from Farmers thread you're offering up a complete medical diagnosis for his chipping problems based solely on what you've seen on television.

Joe Paradiso

Well to be fair, I strive to be wildly inconsistent in how I treat varying topics.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

So speculating about Amanda is unfair but in the Chris DiMarco says Tiger wasn't forthright about why he withdrew from Farmers thread you're offering up a complete medical diagnosis for his chipping problems based solely on what you've seen on television.

:: clapping::

Well to be fair, I strive to be wildly inconsistent in how I treat varying topics.

. . .and succeed. . . :beer:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Maybe Amanda is just a chubby chaser and Jason's new fitness profile just 'doesn't do it for her anymore'

you can't expect it to work out when the attraction is gone

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3265 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!