IGNORED

Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Reasons for women to divorce,

Emotional Abuse, Spouse unresponsive to needs, Spouse Immaturity, Infidelity, alcohol or drug problems, tired of making the marriage work

Reasons for men to divorce,

Tired of making the marriage work, Infidelity, Spouse unresponsive to needs, spouse immaturity, married too young, Different financial priorities/spending patterns.

Fascinated that "emotional abuse" isn't also on the men's list.

No doubt..

Men (in general) probably have to much pride to mention that.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No doubt..

Men (in general) probably have to much pride to mention that.

Actually, now that you say that , that makes perfect sense.  My reasons always come out as a variation of "spouse unresponsive to needs" and "married too young."  (Mostly the latter) :whistle:

I find the discussion on marriage very fascinating from both a religious perspective and a social perspective... It means so many different things to different people and it has certainly evolved differently in different parts of the world.. IMO it is probable that Amanda loved the Golfer Jason, and Jason loved the good looking Amanda. A superficial attraction that involved good looks and fame + money.. After being together for a while, and seeing in each other what they ignored through the long romantic period they realized that they (or at least one of the parties) was not compatible with the other either emotionally or physically. Point being they just didn't have enough in common to keep the marriage going. I think it is highly possible that Amada was the party who wanted to leave the relationship, and also accepted less money than what she could get to avoid being called a gold digger maybe.. It didn't work obviously, but short of other facts I hink it's silly to accuse her of sleeping around or that she is already with another man or what not.. Very hard to infer that from the available information...

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I don't know if Amanda accepted less ... what we do know is Jason's winnings.

During the marriage, he made around $9m - married right after his first win.

Career earnings before 2015 - about $17m

They started the relationship around 2009, but did not marry until Spring 2012.

Okay, $9m during the marriage, the gov't takes, let's say 35% and they have a little under $6 m during the marriage. Then there is income from those earning and expenses.

She agreed to $2.5m.

Sounds like a 50-50 split that way ... but who knows?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I don't know if Amanda accepted less ... what we do know is Jason's winnings. During the marriage, he made around $9m - married right after his first win. Career earnings before 2015 - about $17m They started the relationship around 2009, but did not marry until Spring 2012. Okay, $9m during the marriage, the gov't takes, let's say 35% and they have a little under $6 m during the marriage. Then there is income from those earning and expenses. She agreed to $2.5m. Sounds like a 50-50 split that way ... but who knows?

He got to keep a house and a huge piece of land having a house built on it as well.. If Jason was the one wanting to end relationship I think Amanda fights tooth and nail to get everyday cent.. Maybe not, but that's my initial thought.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I don't know if Amanda accepted less ... what we do know is Jason's winnings.

During the marriage, he made around $9m - married right after his first win.

Career earnings before 2015 - about $17m

They started the relationship around 2009, but did not marry until Spring 2012.

Okay, $9m during the marriage, the gov't takes, let's say 35% and they have a little under $6 m during the marriage. Then there is income from those earning and expenses.

She agreed to $2.5m.

Sounds like a 50-50 split that way ... but who knows?

If you are only considering tour earnings, then you're missing some significant earnings from sponsorships.  Don't know what Duffner's sponsor earning potential is, but he's done well enough to make some good money there too.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Actually, now that you say that , that makes perfect sense.  My reasons always come out as a variation of "spouse unresponsive to needs" and "married too young."  (Mostly the latter) :whistle:

What about "I married a witch"? Maybe that was just me....

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Fascinated that "emotional abuse" isn't also on the men's list.

It is, I just put the top 6 reasons. It just isn't as high as a reason for Men to ask for a divorce versus a Woman.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I guess now I finally understand how those reality shows stay on the air.

I'll also point out that the thread in the Geek forum on logical fallacies should be required reading for participating in this thread as some of those fallacies have raised their head here.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Actually, now that you say that , that makes perfect sense.  My reasons always come out as a variation of "spouse unresponsive to my need for a caddie" :whistle:

Fixed.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

If you are only considering tour earnings, then you're missing some significant earnings from sponsorships.  Don't know what Duffner's sponsor earning potential is, but he's done well enough to make some good money there too.

Yes, but who knows the numbers?

At the same time, Alabama is equitable distribution, not 50-50. Jason had money before the marriage, had won before the marriage, and was the one who had developed his skills throughout his life. It was Jason who struggled alone for years before he'd even met Amanda, and had some limited success before their meeting, and his career took off after the marriage. Did his career take off because of her? We know it takes some golfers many years to deal with the mental struggle of winning.

Nonetheless, she was not there during the struggle, she did not have children with him, doubt if there was time for her to be a homemaker ... in other words, she received her funds as his companion in an almost 3 yr marriage (short by judicial standards), accustomed to a certain lifestyle, she could have argued that she gave up her time to develop her skills (although if I was Jason's attorney, I would argue she latched onto Jason's celebrity and made a name for herself with Photos, etc and developed skills) - so she was given money to support her lifestyle and develop her skills for a single life. She got off well, imho. Thanks.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

They are published reasons, just passing along the data.

Ferguson seems very reluctant to identify the source of this published nonsense.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Ferguson seems very reluctant to identify the source of this published nonsense.

He has to keep his street cred by keeping his sources name anonymous. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

A high divorce rate is a good thing.  It's a sign that we've advanced as a culture and shed the stigma of divorce.  The alternative is to turn back the clock fifty years, where people stayed miserable and married due to societal pressure.  Oftentimes to abusive partners.  And their children suffered far more growing up in a loveless environment than they would have with separate households.

I'd say half the couples I know are happily married.  Roughly 25% aren't, but are still hoping to salvage the relationship.  Best wishes to them.  Another 25% should get divorced yesterday.  So in my mind, the divorce rate needs to keep climbing.

I'm making this post only because it bothers me when somebody points out the divorce rate as if it's a bad thing.  Some kind of "deteriorating family values" bullshit.

It also demonstrates people are more selfish and less willing to make compromises.  I'm not talking about remaining in an abusive relationship but more the cases where people opt to divorce because it's easier rather than work through their issues.  If you have no intention of giving 100% effort to make a marriage work, you shouldn't get married.

Rather than see divorces increase I'd rather see marriages decrease so that people don't get married because they want to play house for a while.

Joe Paradiso

A high divorce rate is a good thing.  It's a sign that we've advanced as a culture and shed the stigma of divorce.  The alternative is to turn back the clock fifty years, where people stayed miserable and married due to societal pressure.  Oftentimes to abusive partners.  And their children suffered far more growing up in a loveless environment than they would have with separate households.

I'd say half the couples I know are happily married.  Roughly 25% aren't, but are still hoping to salvage the relationship.  Best wishes to them.  Another 25% should get divorced yesterday.  So in my mind, the divorce rate needs to keep climbing.

I'm making this post only because it bothers me when somebody points out the divorce rate as if it's a bad thing.  Some kind of "deteriorating family values" bullshit.

It also demonstrates people are more selfish and less willing to make compromises.  I'm not talking about remaining in an abusive relationship but more the cases where people opt to divorce because it's easier rather than work through their issues.  If you have no intention of giving 100% effort to make a marriage work, you shouldn't get married.

Rather than see divorces increase I'd rather see marriages decrease so that people don't get married because they want to play house for a while.

I agree with you both.  People make mistakes.  If we could have a little fun with it and make a golf analogy, a struggling marriage can be like an errant drive into the woods.  You can be like Kevin Na and stubbornly keep trying to recover even though all evidence points to the fact that it's unrecoverable, or you can make the wise decision, cut your losses, and re-tee with another ball.

However, unlike golf, you should at least go and find that first ball and give some serious thought to the possibility of playing it before hitting another.  No provisionals allowed!!!!***

Although, sometimes no matter how badly you bungle the hole, how half-assed your effort in attempting to play that original ball (you've taken enough snowmen with that ball on previous holes to know what's gonna happen), and even if you did hit a provisional, in the long run, everything can still turn out perfect for everybody. ;)
There are no absolutes with this stuff.
  • Upvote 1

If someone decides it isn't going to work, there's no reason to "try to make it work" just because of some notions that say so. It's a sunk cost. Cut your losses and get into a better situation. Time is a finite quantity. Maybe people should be more careful getting married, but once they are, it's a sunk cost and they should treat it as such when evaluating their decision.

• Upvote 2

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I agree with you both.  People make mistakes.  If we could have a little fun with it and make a golf analogy, a struggling marriage can be like an errant drive into the woods.  You can be like Kevin Na and stubbornly keep trying to recover even though all evidence points to the fact that it's unrecoverable, or you can make the wise decision, cut your losses, and re-tee with another ball.

However, unlike golf, you should at least go and find that first ball and give some serious thought to the possibility of playing it before hitting another.  No provisionals allowed!!!!***

Although, sometimes no matter how badly you bungle the hole, how half-assed your effort in attempting to play that original ball (you've taken enough snowmen with that ball on previous holes to know what's gonna happen), and even if you did hit a provisional, in the long run, everything can still turn out perfect for everybody. ;)

There are no absolutes with this stuff.

I think you and I have had posts that make the same point cross each other in the internet tubes like half a dozen times in the past month, haha.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I think you and I have had posts that make the same point cross each other in the internet tubes like half a dozen times in the past month, haha.

Go read your thumbs up I just gave you. :-P

Note: This thread is 3259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!