IGNORED

Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce

Note: This thread is 2229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wouldn't say huge, but reasonable. You would be surprised. I'll bet he's got a stable. He successfully landed Amanda, did he not?

So it's wrong to pigeon-hole Amanda as a gold-digger, etc., despite lots of evidence but it's ok to label Dufner as a man-sl#t with zero evidence?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm angry because this thread is full of sexist garbage, and I find that disgusting. The conclusion he is deriving has no basis in actual, established fact, but in some sort of cultural insecurity and

I should make a card game called jump to conclusions. Moderator draws a card that has a scenario described on it, and your objective will be to come up with a technically sane, but baseless conclusion

I'm talking about adults, not kids. I am also extra grumpy because it's pouring rain on a Saturday morning and I should be at golf.

So it's wrong to pigeon-hole Amanda as a gold-digger, etc., despite lots of evidence but it's ok to label Dufner as a man-sl#t with zero evidence?

Both of these labels are unsubstantiated and inappropriate speculation, and neither is based on anything other than some weird stereotypes.

Both of these labels are unsubstantiated and inappropriate speculation, and neither is based on anything other than some weird stereotypes.

Which pretty well describes this whole thread.

• Upvote 3

[quote name="dkolo" url="/t/81079/jason-amanda-dufner-getting-a-divorce/468#post_1128853"]Both of these labels are unsubstantiated and inappropriate speculation, and neither is based on anything other than some weird stereotypes.  [/quote] Agreed. Those are heavy-duty terms and not at all applicable to these two young people like Dufner and Dufner. When I see terms like that I think of people that blatantly depict the descriptions. Tammy Faye Baker, Jim Baker, Anna Nicole Smith, Rick Schroder and Gilberto Roman Dr. Joy Smith at the Pathlight Center has some great advice for all married couples, especially those that are going through the same experience as Amanda and Jason (what must be a living hell). As she states, “The inability to forgive the self and others can become an obstacle to one’s quality of life and the ability to move beyond the past.” I hope Amanda can forgive Jason for whatever he did so they both can move on peacefully. If she can’t, this mess could seriously play havoc with Jason’s game, as it did in Augusta. Jason looked very down and out. The heavy burden of guilt can only be uncoupled by self-forgiveness.

Dr. Joy Smith at the Pathlight Center has some great advice for all married couples, especially those that are going through the same experience as Amanda and Jason (what must be a living hell). As she states, “The inability to forgive the self and others can become an obstacle to one’s quality of life and the ability to move beyond the past.” I hope Amanda can forgive Jason for whatever he did so they both can move on peacefully. If she can’t, this mess could seriously play havoc with Jason’s game, as it did in Augusta. Jason looked very down and out. The heavy burden of guilt can only be uncoupled by self-forgiveness.

Guilt, failure, no nookie tonight..

IOW, Duf, seek a decent counselor.

And rid thyself of thy chaw...

Guilt, failure, no nookie tonight.. IOW, Duf, seek a decent counselor. And rid thyself of thy chaw...

I was thinking maybe Jason and Amanda were going to attempt to rescue their marriage. Such was the case with former world class tennis player, Richard Krajicek when he salvaged his marriage a few years ago with his intelligent and very attractive wife, Daphne Deckers. The Dutch duo had pictures floating all over the place too, but when the poop hit the fan they both came together and worked it out. Lucky for them they met with counselors and got it straight. They are now happier than ever.

I was thinking maybe Jason and Amanda were going to attempt to rescue their marriage. Such was the case with former world class tennis player, Richard Krajicek when he salvaged his marriage a few years ago with his intelligent and very attractive wife, Daphne Deckers. The Dutch duo had pictures floating all over the place too, but when the poop hit the fan they both came together and worked it out. Lucky for them they met with counselors and got it straight. They are now happier than ever.

One never knows the backstory or people behind the main characters. They can influence saving the marriage ... or not. And we don't know much about Jason or Amanda ... I've talked with some people and asked about counseling. She says: "Well, he wouldn't go." I said: "How many times did you ask?" She: "Once." I said: "That's the problem. He's a guy. He needs to think about it, and rethink it. Time. Should have asked again."

Marriages involving athletes or celebrities are, at least from a percentage point of view, the most difficult to hold together. Only a scant 20% make it 5 years. I’m sure the pressure of female fans wanting a piece of Justin was just too damn much for Amanda to take. Groupies are not good for golf, not good for marriages and not good for society.

I wouldn't say huge, but reasonable. You would be surprised. I'll bet he's got a stable.

He successfully landed Amanda, did he not?

Agreed. Those are heavy-duty terms and not at all applicable to these two young people like Dufner and Dufner. When I see terms like that I think of people that blatantly depict the descriptions. Tammy Faye Baker, Jim Baker, Anna Nicole Smith, Rick Schroder and Gilberto Roman

Dr. Joy Smith at the Pathlight Center has some great advice for all married couples, especially those that are going through the same experience as Amanda and Jason (what must be a living hell). As she states, “The inability to forgive the self and others can become an obstacle to one’s quality of life and the ability to move beyond the past.” I hope Amanda can forgive Jason for whatever he did so they both can move on peacefully. If she can’t, this mess could seriously play havoc with Jason’s game, as it did in Augusta. Jason looked very down and out. The heavy burden of guilt can only be uncoupled by self-forgiveness.

Your Obviously playing Devil's advocate as if Amanda was the LEAD or better person in this divorce. That Jason must have done something to trigger the Amazing and wholesome Amanda into wanting a divorce. That she alone was the person with the huge career, and Jason was the pool boy looking to up himself.

It does happen both ways. As in this case, NOT ! Gold Digger is not a term to be used here.

For those that thought Jason should have known what he was getting into. Only those at the beginning would know who or what she was at the time.  Put a camera in front of her, a basketball star, a party and see who she turns into....  At the begininng of this relationship no doubt she was just another pretty face and telling Jason of her FAMLIY plans. To marry a great guy and raise a great family. All lies, sure at the time, it all sounded real....

If Jason is down and out... It is only because he feels duped in Public.... Looks like he did pretty good at the Masters... Good for him... Hope he uses better judgement in picking a Lady this time.... Not a loner...

No doubt she was just another pretty face telling Jason her plans to raise a family? How do you know what was said? Just like anyone else, you ASSUME that's what she was all about. I, and others believe she knew very well that She wasn't head over heels for this guy as far as love, raising a family. I only base what I believe on what has been repeated out there time and time again. Do you really believe Amanda was having a hard time finding a chubby tobacco user who likes beer and has a good personality. Gee, where would she ever find a guy like that in America? I'm not saying my/our assumptions are wonderfully positive and uplifting. But they are very likely the truth. Of course Amanda could be the sweetest woman on the planet and have played no roll in this failed marriage and did everything she could to salvage it. I don't believe this. We can't PROVE Sergio doesn't like Tiger. But his actions and statements regarding Tiger make us believe he doesn't. Amanda's actions and statements make me believe she married Dufner for material reasons. Can't PROVE this (silly to expect that) but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No doubt she was just another pretty face telling Jason her plans to raise a family? How do you know what was said? Just like anyone else, you ASSUME that's what she was all about. I, and others believe she knew very well that She wasn't head over heels for this guy as far as love, raising a family. I only base what I believe on what has been repeated out there time and time again.

Do you really believe Amanda was having a hard time finding a chubby tobacco user who likes beer and has a good personality. Gee, where would she ever find a guy like that in America? I'm not saying my/our assumptions are wonderfully positive and uplifting. But they are very likely the truth. Of course Amanda could be the sweetest woman on the planet and have played no roll in this failed marriage and did everything she could to salvage it.

I don't believe this. We can't PROVE Sergio doesn't like Tiger. But his actions and statements regarding Tiger make us believe he doesn't. Amanda's actions and statements make me believe she married Dufner for material reasons. Can't PROVE this (silly to expect that) but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

At the risk of missing the point, Sergio has confirmed that he doesn't like Tiger

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/tigerwoods/10070200/Sergio-Garcia-says-he-doesnt-like-Tiger-Woods-and-will-not-instigate-peace-talks.html

Anyway, we return now to this episode of As The World Turns.

At the risk of missing the point, Sergio has confirmed that he doesn't like Tiger [URL=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/tigerwoods/10070200/Sergio-Garcia-says-he-doesnt-like-Tiger-Woods-and-will-not-instigate-peace-talks.html]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/tigerwoods/10070200/Sergio-Garcia-says-he-doesnt-like-Tiger-Woods-and-will-not-instigate-peace-talks.html[/URL] Anyway, we return now to this episode of As The World Turns.

Hey! So my assumption was right.....go figure.

Note: This thread is 2229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!