IGNORED

Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The celebrated and very successful attorney E. Fritz Roberts will make sure Jason’s settlement goes as planned. He’s been serving sports clients in domestic law cases for over 35 years. As you may recall he assisted Ray Knight in the divorce from Nancy Lopez. Ray did very well. Fritz will make sure Amanda gets only what is legally due. Go Fritz!

Anybody know where he was at in his career when they got married ?     Would really like to know if he was already an established PGA tour player, on the upswing, or just an aspiring golfer ... this info could be very telling

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Anybody know where he was at in his career when they got married ?     Would really like to know if he was already an established PGA tour player, on the upswing, or just an aspiring golfer ... this info could be very telling

So why not go look it up?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

wtf is wrong with some of you people?  how do you all know that jason isnt a class A douchebag at home?  do you really imagine that you know exactly what kind of person amanda is?  we really know hardly anything and really should do anything but wish both of them the best until we KNOW OTHERWISE.

Colin P.

I was already banned from discussing this topic earlier. I didn't agree with all the naive romantics out there so I was not allowed to express my opinion. Amanda is just a classic gold digger. Plain and simple. To all you naysayers, I gotta say .....I told ya so. Within 3 months I gurantee you it'll be announced she's with another rich guy. Mark it.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I just noticed that we are all kind of biased towards Jason Dufner being the good guy, and Amanda being the problem.

Admittedly, I'm also guilty of that, but that's probably because we like the golfer so much. He's a likeable star.

I wonder if there is another side to the story? I'd certainly like to hear what Jason thinks. . .

It takes two to Tango but I am leaning toward Shorty's sentiment.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

There doesn't have to be a villain in this.  They just found out that their personalities clash too much for a permanent relationship.  He's a quiet homebody and she's a party girl.  It really doesn't have to be more than that.  It could be more, but it doesn't have to be.

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I guess I'll be in the minority here. I like both of them. She seems like a nice girl. Jason seems like a cool guy. They're just different. I don't think she's a bad person as some here may be loosely implying.

Me too. WIth you there.

Maybe she got tired of kissing a mouthful of chaw.

That would do it for me! Well, that and the fact that he's a dude...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
I was already banned from discussing this topic earlier. I didn't agree with all the naive romantics out there so I was not allowed to express my opinion. Amanda is just a classic gold digger. Plain and simple. To all you naysayers, I gotta say .....I told ya so. Within 3 months I gurantee you it'll be announced she's with another rich guy. Mark it.

Prove it. Oh wait, you can't. As others have said, for all you know, she was hopelessly in love with him, but he's a horrible person in private. You don't know.

Great of you to have your opinion, but… in my opinion, it's lame of you to judge without much info. Heck, the facts that exist seem to contradict your version of reality: she filed for divorce and is only getting $2.5M. That's not even half of what he made last year .

And you haven't been restricted from any threads.

There doesn't have to be a villain in this.  They just found out that their personalities clash too much for a permanent relationship.  He's a quiet homebody and she's a party girl.  It really doesn't have to be more than that.  It could be more, but it doesn't have to be.

Yup.

Nobody knows much of anything. It's all assumptions, conjecture, and in the case of some… judgment.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If divorce was inevitable, I'm just glad they did it before they had children.  Fortunately for the single men on this board, I'm married.  Oh, and I'm broke, too.

Robert Spann

:ping: :adidas: :adams: :leupold: :nike: :srixon: :nickent:

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthehole

So why not go look it up?

You know Erik, these snippy comments get old sometimes, I'm at work, shouldn't even be online, and don't have the time to look it up.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Erik gold digging isn't something that's "proved". Can I prove that Anna Nicole Smith was a gold digger? How can anyone "prove" a woman is a gold digger? The basics of gold digging are that one marrys or dates another for a primary interest of money. It is often an attractive female with an unattractive and/or much older man. You can play shark slicked hair lawyer all you want. Somethings are simply "known" and impossible to prove. Amanda was just a college grad with no job and lived on nice vacations and shopped anywhere she wanted and then got 2.5 million for 3 years of spending Jason's money. He was already wealthy when she met him so she wouldn't do so hot in court as she has no accountability for his success and no kids. I'll say it again. You know damn good and well that had Jason Dufner been a greens keeper when Amanda met him this relationship would never had happened. You're just being difficult. Can you or I "prove" that Anna Nicole Smith only married a guy 50ys older because he was loaded? Of course not. Does everbody "know" she was a goldigger? Of course.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I guess I'll be in the minority here. I like both of them. She seems like a nice girl. Jason seems like a cool guy. They're just different. I don't think she's a bad person as some here may be loosely implying.

Or rather implying that she's loose. . . :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

You know Erik, these snippy comments get old sometimes, I'm at work, shouldn't even be online, and don't have the time to look it up.

It's his wife of 3 years. Dufner made $300K on Tour as far back as 2004. His career took off in 2009. They apparently met through mutual friends at Auburn. So all sayeth Wikipedia.

Erik gold digging isn't something that's "proved". Can I prove that Anna Nicole Smith was a gold digger? How can anyone "prove" a woman is a gold digger?

The basics of gold digging are that one marrys or dates another for a primary interest of money. It is often an attractive female with an unattractive and/or much older man.

You can play shark slicked hair lawyer all you want. Somethings are simply "known" and impossible to prove. Amanda was just a college grad with no job and lived on nice vacations and shopped anywhere she wanted and then got 2.5 million for 3 years of spending Jason's money. He was already wealthy when she met him so she wouldn't do so hot in court as she has no accountability for his success and no kids.

I'll say it again. You know damn good and well that had Jason Dufner been a greens keeper when Amanda met him this relationship would never had happened. You're just being difficult. Can you or I "prove" that Anna Nicole Smith only married a guy 50ys older because he was loaded? Of course not.

Does everbody "know" she was a goldigger? Of course.

Why do you feel the need to prove it at all? Whatever their reasons for getting married or getting divorced, why do you feel the need to pass judgment on it when it affects you in exactly zero ways? Unless you're trying to woo the former Mrs. Dufner yourself, I don't know why you're so keen to get into the details of her character.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith View Post

Maybe he lost the belly / weight because this was going down? When you have a smoke show of a wife and things are going bad and you are losing her, it can definitely take its toll....loss of weight, decline in playing performacne on the course, both things that have certainly happened!

I don't understand the bold.  Are you saying that guys who are married to non-supermodel women don't care when it goes sour?

@inthehole ... this (see below) took me about 15 seconds after a google search and wikipedia return.  If you have time to ask the question on TST at work, then you had time to look it up.

Quote:
On May 5, 2012, Dufner married his girlfriend Amanda Boyd, whom he had met in 2009 through mutual friends at Auburn. [21] [22] They were divorced in early 2015. [23]

This was during his first exempt season on tour (he had conditional status in 2008) and 2 years before his first victory.  He earned a total of about 1 million on tour from 2004 through 2008, then made 2.1 million in 2009.

• Upvote 1

That marriage always seemed very strange.  Those two seem like total opposites (looks, personalities, etc).  Who knows what motivated the marriage to begin with, but glad no kids are involved.

Yup.

Nobody knows much of anything. It's all assumptions, conjecture, and in the case of some… judgment.

And when it comes right down to it, it is none of our damn business anyway.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 3258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!