IGNORED

Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Maybe Amanda is just a chubby chaser and Jason's new fitness profile just 'doesn't do it for her anymore' you can't expect it to work out when the attraction is gone

Hey, I was going to say exactly the same thing. :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Argument, actually. You have no knowledge to support that. I don't know if you're surrounded by cynical people, but I know plenty of people who have been in relationships and marriage where there's been an asymmetry between the people in terms of look or wealth. This may surprise you, but some people go into relationships based on non-superficial factors. That this ended in divorce in no way is concrete proof that this was a money or looks thing. Why do you attribute such negative character to Amanda? Not only does your logic about the settlement not hold water, but there's also no evidence of any infidelity beyond it either. It's some weird stereotyping on your part. Separately, this thread took a heavy turn into general creepy leering. I don't get it.

He wasn't rich when she met him? You're just wrong. You can look that up yourself so don't be foolish. You're just wrong. Who said gold digging is creepy or negative? That's your opinion. I think you're extremely naive to this aspect that many women partake in. He stated golf isn't everything to him and that he wants a family. Amanda said "no way". YA think that might have been discussed before getting married? That's not love. She wants to party and shop. Being home with Jason wasnt what she signed up for. Her excessive posts show that. I'm not sure what evidence you need but I think you're just blind. I'm guessing you don't feel Anna Nicole was a gold digger either? But is there EVIDENCE she was? Most people considered her that simply because she married a 90yr old billionaire. But I'm sure you believe she loved him for his sense of humor. Get real and get off your high morality horse and accusing gold digging as such an awful thing. If a young woman can be happy and keep some sap with money happy so be it. You're the one putting a bad character to Amanda. I'm just calling if it looks and sounds like a duck ... The affair will come out. Yep...pure speculation. Just wait.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Why does it make them sexist to state their opinion?

It's not the "stating" of their opinion that makes them sexist, it's the part about basing said opinion on "their limited exposure of Amanda Dufner [read: they know nothing about her except what she looks like] and their own personal experiences."  If they got burned by a woman and assume that somebody they don't know did the same due to guesses and the fact that they're both women, then that's them being sexist.

At the end of the day, I and most people on here really couldn't care less about their failed marriage.  Someone posted a thread on here about it and everyone shared their opinion, it's really not that big a deal unless you're related to the Dufners.

Correct.  For me, this thread isn't even about the Dufners ... it's been more about learning about some posters on TST. :)

You're the one putting a bad character to Amanda.

There have been some idiotic things said in this thread, but this one has to take the cake. @dkolo has said nothing beyond "I don't care to opine because I don't know anything about these people."  How, exactly, is that "putting bad character on Amanda?"

Noone here knows anything anout their relationship, but the fact that she seems to be self-obsessed must say something about her character. The evidence is the photos she posts of herself.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

He wasn't rich when she met him? You're just wrong. You can look that up yourself so don't be foolish. You're just wrong.

Who said gold digging is creepy or negative? That's your opinion. I think you're extremely naive to this aspect that many women partake in.

He stated golf isn't everything to him and that he wants a family. Amanda said "no way". YA think that might have been discussed before getting married?

That's not love. She wants to party and shop. Being home with Jason wasnt what she signed up for.

Her excessive posts show that. I'm not sure what evidence you need but I think you're just blind.

I'm guessing you don't feel Anna Nicole was a gold digger either? But is there EVIDENCE she was?

Most people considered her that simply because she married a 90yr old billionaire. But I'm sure you believe she loved him for his sense of humor.

Get real and get off your high morality horse and accusing gold digging as such an awful thing. If a young woman can be happy and keep some sap with money happy so be it.

You're the one putting a bad character to Amanda. I'm just calling if it looks and sounds like a duck ...

The affair will come out. Yep...pure speculation. Just wait.

loooooooooooooooool jesus f'ing christ

Noone here knows anything anout their relationship, but the fact that she seems to be self-obsessed must say something about her character.

The evidence is the photos she posts of herself.

Go to anybody's facebook and instagram and you'll see the exact same thing. That's what social media is for, that's what social media is about. Instagram is about taking pictures and videos specifically, for gods sake.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

He wasn't rich when she met him? You're just wrong. You can look that up yourself so don't be foolish. You're just wrong.

Who said gold digging is creepy or negative? That's your opinion. I think you're extremely naive to this aspect that many women partake in.

Attractive woman marries modestly wealthy man. Therefore she's a golddigger. That logical thought process is sexist. You can make up whatever rationalizations you want to justify your beliefs as valid, but it's prima facie sexism.

Also, I need to correct your reading comprehension: what I said was creepy was the development of people starting calling for pictures of Amanda Dufner. You know, further viewing her as an object.

He stated golf isn't everything to him and that he wants a family. Amanda said "no way". YA think that might have been discussed before getting married?

That's not love. She wants to party and shop. Being home with Jason wasnt what she signed up for.

Her excessive posts show that. I'm not sure what evidence you need but I think you're just blind.

Did they make a comment about babies being the reason they broke up? I ask this genuinely; I haven't seen that. All I've seen officially was "incompatibility of temperament."

Also, her excessive posts? She had an instagram. Posting pictures of yourself is what instagram is. She took it down this week because people were being abusive towards her on there. As for reading into having an instagram at all, who's on a morality high horse? I have an instagram. Lots of people have instagrams, married and unmarried. Why does it matter to you? Posting pictures of yourself, even in bikinis, isn't some moral failing.

I'm guessing you don't feel Anna Nicole was a gold digger either? But is there EVIDENCE she was?

Most people considered her that simply because she married a 90yr old billionaire. But I'm sure you believe she loved him for his sense of humor.

Get real and get off your high morality horse and accusing gold digging as such an awful thing. If a young woman can be happy and keep some sap with money happy so be it.

I never followed the Anna Nicole case enough to agree or disagree.

You're the one putting a bad character to Amanda. I'm just calling if it looks and sounds like a duck ...

The affair will come out. Yep...pure speculation. Just wait.

If "I know you are, but what am I?" is a 1st grade response, then this is the 2nd grade version of it.

There have been some idiotic things said in this thread, but this one has to take the cake.  @dkolo has said nothing beyond "I don't care to opine because I don't know anything about these people."  How, exactly, is that "putting bad character on Amanda?"

Yeah, basically.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Correct.  For me, this thread isn't even about the Dufners ... it's been more about learning about some posters on TST. :)

Amen to this right here. Just shaking my head at some of the comments

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Posting pictures of yourself, even in bikinis, isn't some moral failing.

Actually, pretty sure this isn't entirely true.  If I posted pictures of myself in a bikini on instagram, somebody's morals are failing.  (Or their eyeballs are bleeding)

It's definitely one of the two. :-P

• Upvote 1

Actually, pretty sure this isn't entirely true.  If I posted pictures of myself in a bikini on instagram, somebody's morals are failing.  (Or their eyeballs are bleeding)

It's definitely one of the two.

C'mon Drew we all saw the pic you posted of yourself in the purple man thong. :-P

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by jbishop15

loooooooooooooooool jesus f'ing christ

Go to anybody's facebook and instagram and you'll see the exact same thing. That's what social media is for, that's what social media is about. Instagram is about taking pictures and videos specifically, for gods sake.

Yours looks like this, does it? You have friends who do this? You don't think these things say something?

I'm not talking about photos or bikinis or morals, I'm talking about, stupid, vacuous, vain, "look at me" self-obsessed twits. The top one is of her.

It makes me incredibly sad that you harbor this much dislike for people who have done nothing to you or anyone else. The fact that you look at this photo and see anything more than someone having a bit of fun is really depressing. Even if she is begging for attention, she's not hurting anyone, so who cares? Leave people alone, for once. Keep doing you, dog.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Yours looks like this, does it?

I'm not talking about photos or bikinis or morals, I'm talking about, stupid, vacuous "look at me" self-obsessed twits.

I'd just chalk it up to a generational thing. It's completely commonplace.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• Administrator

@Shorty , c'mon, enough's enough. My kid posts stuff to Instagram. I don't think I would, but she posts less than others, and it's fine from a taste standpoint. It's a social network. That's how kids are social these days. Stop coming off like a grumpy old man.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@Shorty, c'mon, enough's enough. My kid posts stuff to Instagram. I don't think I would, but she posts less than others, and it's fine from a taste standpoint. It's a social network. That's how kids are social these days. Stop coming off like a grumpy old man.

I'm talking about adults, not kids.

I am also extra grumpy because it's pouring rain on a Saturday morning and I should be at golf.

• Upvote 3

Argument, actually. You have no knowledge to support that. I don't know if you're surrounded by cynical people, but I know plenty of people who have been in relationships and marriage where there's been an asymmetry between the people in terms of look or wealth. This may surprise you, but some people go into relationships based on non-superficial factors. That this ended in divorce in no way is concrete proof that this was a money or looks thing. Why do you attribute such negative character to Amanda? Not only does your logic about the settlement not hold water, but there's also no evidence of any infidelity beyond it either. It's some weird stereotyping on your part. Separately, this thread took a heavy turn into general creepy leering. I don't get it.

Show me where Jason dufner wasn't rich when amanda met him. I've looked it up. Yes he was so you have no argument. Amanda is a babe and Dufner was chubby and chews tobacco. Show me where this is untrue. Dufners BMI would probably actually list him as obese. Again, you have no argument. As for the 2.5 million? There could've been a pre-nup (I doubt amanda wouldve agreed). If there is a cause for divorce on Amanda's behalf her chances of getting a huge settlement are much less if dufner has a good lawyer(I'm sure he does). Here you have argument. Otherwise you're in a fairy tale where love is all ya need. Jason wanted to skip tournament to go the SEC championship. Amanda demanded he "go make some money". Jason said "golf isn't everything and I want to have a family". Amanda responded. " no way". Hardly the signs of a spouse who's deeply in love and is behind him/her. Not a slam on Amanda's character. You did that. I never said her motives for marrying Jason are evil nor creepy, nor unethical. It's the way many people are. Relative happiness with someone who provides a lifestyle you want. If that lifestyle begins to fade...that's a problem. My opinion is that Amanda wants to be in the limelight and live like a tiger money wife...not a dufner. We'll see as details unfold. I believe she had an affair. Just my opinion. I also believe Jason is a good guy who simply got involved with a common situation and it just didn't suit him. I have friends who have trophy wives and they know very well they are with other men. Not saying it's glamorous or even a good thing. It's just the way it is. You can deny that gold digging exists all you want. It's not something you PROVE. But suspicions are high when an obviously attractive person with no wealth to speak of marries a plain, out of shape person with unattractive habits with totally different plans for the future and a divorce in 3 years. I think you may have been watching too many Disney movies. But I'm sure you're a nice person and have a good heart. Bless you, just be careful out there.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I'm talking about adults, not kids.

I am also extra grumpy because it's pouring rain on a Saturday morning and I should be at golf.

So, @Shorty , do you look down upon anyone that's an adult that has an Instagram account or just those that have it and post pictures where they're showing off their bodies, kiss the camera, or post, in your estimation, a "look at me" picture?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

lets face it, Duf is an introvert and she is an extrovert, eventually one takes over the other in a relationship or it fails. So I guess it does not come to a surprise, although sad.

Really? I'd think the two would compliment each other.

What really happened to the marriage isn't surprising, though.

Kind of reminds me of this couple.....

Note: This thread is 3237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!