IGNORED

Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce

Note: This thread is 2222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm angry because this thread is full of sexist garbage, and I find that disgusting. The conclusion he is deriving has no basis in actual, established fact, but in some sort of cultural insecurity and

I should make a card game called jump to conclusions. Moderator draws a card that has a scenario described on it, and your objective will be to come up with a technically sane, but baseless conclusion

I'm talking about adults, not kids. I am also extra grumpy because it's pouring rain on a Saturday morning and I should be at golf.

Not surprising at all.

She was a publicity hound and as soon as you saw those hideous shots of her in a  bikini swinging a golf club, the writing was on the wall.

It's the "look at me me me"  instagram generation of conceited, self-obsessed  wannabes. The world revolves around them and their photos of their butts and bellies. No class at all.

He's just a decent, normal guy (apart from the tobacco chewing). She loves the limelight too much.

Do an image search and you'll see what I mean.

Depends on the Date of those photos.  I saw nothing that did not fit the typical 20-something, absolutely clueless, not a care in the world, I probably won't regret this moment for the rest of my life, type of behavior that I have not seen from many male PGA players on Tour.  Does she like being in front of the camera?  Who knows - but when you look like that, somebody along the way had to have told you how good you look in pictures.  Are we talking about an image of grace, class and sophistication?  Probably, not.  Not based on what I saw, but then again - I'm not a judge.

Would I want my Wife exposed to the public that way?  No.  Of course, not.  But, again - you will have to verify the date/time stamp on the photos to know whether they were pre/post marriage.  Some were clearly post-marriage and that could be a sign.  But, I am 100% sure that this was a "streak" that Duf, more than likely knew about before signing on the dotted line and taking the walk down the isle that all of us married men took at one point in our single lives.

Life and Golf are about making decisions and then correcting mistakes along the way.  Not every decision made will be optimal for a myriad of good reasons and sometimes you are given the choice between lesser evils.  Sometimes, its not where you hit the ball but how you play your next shot that matters most.  I wish them both the best in life going forward with their lives - emphasis on the words: Going Forward.

Sometimes, you are standing on the green smiling at an eagle in its face.  Yet, you somehow walk off that same green with the foul stench of bogey in the air behind you.  Yeah, we've all been there and back again, no doubt.  But, just remember.... there is yet another hole to be played with an emphasis on going forward.

Go Forward.

As they were only into this marriage for a relatively short period of time with no children, they both need to cut their losses and move on.  Dufner is good for the game.

Wait, what about dipping doesn't make one a decent, normal guy? I dip and I think I'm the epitome of both of those.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Your Obviously playing Devil's advocate as if Amanda was the LEAD or better person in this divorce. That Jason must have done something to trigger the Amazing and wholesome Amanda into wanting a divorce. That she alone was the person with the huge career, and Jason was the pool boy looking to up himself. It does happen both ways. As in this case, NOT ! Gold Digger is not a term to be used here. For those that thought Jason should have known what he was getting into. Only those at the beginning would know who or what she was at the time.  Put a camera in front of her, a basketball star, a party and see who she turns into....  At the begininng of this relationship no doubt she was just another pretty face and telling Jason of her FAMLIY plans. To marry a great guy and raise a great family. All lies, sure at the time, it all sounded real.... If Jason is down and out... It is only because he feels duped in Public.... Looks like he did pretty good at the Masters... Good for him... Hope he uses better judgement in picking a Lady this time.... Not a loner...

Let us pause a moment from the dipping wise cracks and jerky boy references and review THE FACTS as we know them: The real lies will become evident in the coming weeks, I'm sure. “According to the divorce settlement, which was filed on March 16 by Amanda Dufner, there had been an “irretrievable breakdown of the marriage” and there was “a complete incompatibility of temperament that the parties can no longer live together.” Amanda filed for divorce. Let me repeat, Amanda filed for divorce. This means she will be the plaintiff. Jason will be the defendant. Clearly, Jason did something to light off that fuse and Amanda is playing the “irretrievable breakdown of the marriage” to protect his public image. She’s actually helping his career but not letting the real cat out of the bag. If it comes out that he was playing the field – his public image will be severely injured. The groupie girls that follow tour players were intrigued by Amanda’s interest in Jason which in some weird sort of way made Jason more appealing. I’m sure she caught Jason in the act of something…..maybe she came home and found him with another woman, or found some emails or voicemails, or found some evidence like a picture of him handcuffed to a toilet or something along those lines from one of his “usually tour stops.” Something drove her to file.

Let us pause a moment from the dipping wise cracks and jerky boy references and review THE FACTS as we know them: The real lies will become evident in the coming weeks, I'm sure. “According to the divorce settlement, which was filed on March 16 by Amanda Dufner, there had been an “irretrievable breakdown of the marriage” and there was “a complete incompatibility of temperament that the parties can no longer live together.” Amanda filed for divorce. Let me repeat, Amanda filed for divorce. This means she will be the plaintiff. Jason will be the defendant. Clearly, Jason did something to light off that fuse and Amanda is playing the “irretrievable breakdown of the marriage” to protect his public image. She’s actually helping his career but not letting the real cat out of the bag. If it comes out that he was playing the field – his public image will be severely injured. The groupie girls that follow tour players were intrigued by Amanda’s interest in Jason which in some weird sort of way made Jason more appealing. I’m sure she caught Jason in the act of something…..maybe she came home and found him with another woman, or found some emails or voicemails, or found some evidence like a picture of him handcuffed to a toilet or something along those lines from one of his “usually tour stops.” Something drove her to file.

She probably found out that she was in there long enough to cash out a decent amount...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferguson

Let us pause a moment from the dipping wise cracks and jerky boy references and review THE FACTS as we know them:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferguson

Clearly, Jason did something to light off that fuse

Quote:

She’s not letting the real cat out of the bag.

Quote:

The groupie girls that follow tour players were intrigued by Amanda’s interest in Jason which in some weird sort of way made Jason more appealing.

I was unaware this information had been revealed either.  You know these girls and what they were thinking?

she came home and found him with another woman

The smoking gun!!

she found some emails or voicemails

You've heard these?  What do they say??

she found a picture of him handcuffed to a toilet

Man, that Duf is a FREAK!!

Thanks for recounting all of these facts for us!!  I mean, they seem unbelievable, but I'm sure you have your "published sources."  We can trust you, right?

Amanda is the plaintiff and Jason the defendant.  I don't know the divorce laws in the state that the action was filed, but I doubt Jason has to prove anything.  If they were headed to divorce, there is no reason for both parties to file.  Texas, where I live is a no fault state which means no reason has to be given.  Clearly from the information we have, Jason did not do anything to light off any fuse.  We have no idea what precipitated this divorce action and it is really a private issue.  To sum it up, Ferguson is speculating and knows nothing about the specifics of the case.

I do not know the intricate laws with divorces, but I find it hard to believe that if Jason cheated on her or did something as described above that Amanda would settle for 2.5 million. I appreciate the Jerky Boys recognition....kudos.

Let us pause a moment from the dipping wise cracks and jerky boy references and review THE FACTS as we know them:

The real lies will become evident in the coming weeks, I'm sure.

“According to the divorce settlement, which was filed on March 16 by Amanda Dufner, there had been an “irretrievable breakdown of the marriage” and there was “a complete incompatibility of temperament that the parties can no longer live together.”

Amanda filed for divorce. Let me repeat, Amanda filed for divorce. This means she will be the plaintiff. Jason will be the defendant.

Clearly, Jason did something to light off that fuse and Amanda is playing the “irretrievable breakdown of the marriage” to protect his public image. She’s actually helping his career but not letting the real cat out of the bag. If it comes out that he was playing the field – his public image will be severely injured. The groupie girls that follow tour players were intrigued by Amanda’s interest in Jason which in some weird sort of way made Jason more appealing. I’m sure she caught Jason in the act of something…..maybe she came home and found him with another woman, or found some emails or voicemails, or found some evidence like a picture of him handcuffed to a toilet or something along those lines from one of his “usually tour stops.” Something drove her to file.

It could have also gone another way;

Jason comes home and tells Amanda he's tired of his family and buddies busting his chops for all the selfies and pictures she posts of herself half naked and tells her she needs to stop.  She flips out she wants to be a model / actress and he's not going to control her so she's filing for divorce.

or

She wants to live the celebrity lifestyle but he wants to sit at home and have a family.

or

Why bother playing this game, we could come up with hundreds of scenarios that place blame on either one.  Point is we don't know and at this point, it's old news.

The real lies will become evident in the coming weeks, I'm sure.

“According to the divorce settlement, which was filed on March 16 by Amanda Dufner, there had been an “irretrievable breakdown of the marriage” and there was “a complete incompatibility of temperament that the parties can no longer live together.”

Amanda filed for divorce. Let me repeat, Amanda filed for divorce. This means she will be the plaintiff. Jason will be the defendant.

Clearly, Jason did something to light off that fuse and Amanda is playing the “irretrievable breakdown of the marriage” to protect his public image. She’s actually helping his career but not letting the real cat out of the bag. If it comes out that he was playing the field – his public image will be severely injured. The groupie girls that follow tour players were intrigued by Amanda’s interest in Jason which in some weird sort of way made Jason more appealing. I’m sure she caught Jason in the act of something…..maybe she came home and found him with another woman, or found some emails or voicemails, or found some evidence like a picture of him handcuffed to a toilet or something along those lines from one of his “usually tour stops.” Something drove her to file.

Whoa, son, whoa!

Tap the brakes if you're not writing satire or trying sarcasm.

Now you're a lawyer who has factual knowledge of this case?

So many degrees and professions... how many Sybils are in you?

Divorce petitions generally have no truth in them other than standard legal form language about the marriage breaking down... sometimes, lawyers are aggressive jerks and place language in a petition that has nothing to do with reality as in mean, cruel, not permitted to enter the premises, etc. because the lawyers get out of hand and are touched by an overly wrought emotional and irrational outcry by their client.

That did not seem to occur here, which means anything could have happened ... or nothing could have happened. She just grew tired, he grew tired ... they'd be in the relationship since 2009.

Sometimes, people grow apart, are unhappy, and one party does not want counseling, neither wants counseling ... etc.

This thread was interesting when talking about marriage in general, but not about this case. It's too speculative.

[COLOR=0000CD]I was unaware this information had been revealed either.  You know these girls and what they were thinking?[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]The smoking gun!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]Man, that Duf is a FREAK!![/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000CD]Thanks for recounting all of these facts for us!!  I mean, they seem unbelievable, but I'm sure you have your "published sources."  We can trust you, right?[/COLOR]

I like how you strategically omit the word "maybe" from my quotes. Anyway, whether Jason is a freak or not is of little consequence. What matters most is that he has to go before that magistrate, as the defendant, and DEFEND himself. He alone will be standing there having to explain why after three years of marriage he is the one allegedly leading a secret life in various cities with multiple apartments he calls “stabbin’ cabins.” Everyone wants to point the finger at Amanda because of one single fact - she looks good in a two piece. Although I must say, Gemma Atkinson looks better. I think once the curtain is pulled back, we’ll see the REAL Jason. From what I understand she wanted children, a home and good life. I hope he finds peace one day, settles down and gets control of himself and his actions.

Note: This thread is 2222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!