IGNORED

How Do You Think Tiger Will Perform at the 2015 Masters?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How do you think Tiger will perform at the 2015 Masters?

• Wins
    • Contends
    • Makes Cut but doesn't contend
    • Misses Cut
    • Starts but doesn't make it 36 holes
    • Doesn't make it to the first tee Thursday

I think Tiger is very likely to make the cut since he knows Augusta well and has won four green jackets.  However, I do not see him coming out of a self-imposed hiatus due to a pathetic short game and being sharp enough to win.  I do believe that he has respect for the Masters and will not witdraw if his game goes south.

and some easy money to be made if he simply shows up. I mean why wouldn't he.

I hope he does well ... but I really do not hold much hope ... I just hope he does not really really suck; otherwise, I will have to listen to that in the media. The best I can hope for, is for him to be in the upper third.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This has the makings of something great. A sports story of the decade.

Tiger doesn't have to play. He made it clear he'd come back only when he was good and ready. The 66 worst ball score suggests he's good and ready. He isn't showing up to miss the cut. If his game was still off he could wait and come back at the British or whenever he chose. Neither is he showing up to be an also-ran.

He's gonna win this thing.

Tiger makes the cut, has a look at contenting but in the end doesn't.

Personally, if he makes the cut and has an average round, I hope he takes it as progress and doesn't go mental on himself for not contending.  To be honest, I just want him to make the cut, that's my only expectation "right now."

I'm pumped.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Although I really, really want him to make it and contend. I voted misses.

In similar news, Tiger should be arriving to Augusta soon for a practice sesh.

Rory has apparently been there all day.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Tiger just arrived. Looking a good bit slimmer than before. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

Dammit, he arrived just a little bit after we left. I wanted to watch him play. [quote name="Crim" url="/t/81181/how-do-you-think-tiger-will-perform-at-the-2015-masters#post_1124497"]Although I really, really want him to make it and contend. I voted misses. In similar news, Tiger should be arriving to Augusta soon for a practice sesh. Rory has apparently been there all day.  [/quote] Yup. Rory and Bradley Neil are playing together. He missed a few iron shots (on 12 it took him three to hit the green), but the driver was pretty solid.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

How's the short game? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I don't think he'll make the cut, but the Masters has traditionally the poorest filed of all the Majors so he could sneak in. I doubt he can contend over 72 holes. Too much rust and his short game problems would be exaggerated at Augusta National.

Bill M

His chipping/pitching looks fine on the practice area...listening to his ipod while working.  Will have to see how it translates on Thursday.

GC Tiger Tracker ‏ 37seconds ago

Can’t make this up - his first tee shot was so far left it was near the ninth fairway. Hits approach over trees to 4 feet. Makes birdie.

he snap hooked his first official drive as a professional at the Masters'97 - think he bogeyed the hole though.....he hooks a lot on #1

I've got a pile of dead rotting crow out back that I'll eat if he makes the cut.

Post a picture for proof ... love to see a grown man cry. :-P

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

After the 1st hole...

Jason Sobel ‏@JasonSobelESPN  7 seconds ago

Tiger then chipped about six balls from three different locations around the first green. And you know what? He looked really, really good.

The only problem is "it's practice." The issue with Tiger has been he's chipped it great on the practice range and at home, and played great, but on the golf course, he can't do it. A lot of that is just plain mental. He needs to fix his mental game, and we'll find out Thursday if it's fixed or not.

Note: This thread is 3294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!