IGNORED

How Do You Think Tiger Will Perform at the 2015 Masters?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How do you think Tiger will perform at the 2015 Masters?

• Wins
    • Contends
    • Makes Cut but doesn't contend
    • Misses Cut
    • Starts but doesn't make it 36 holes
    • Doesn't make it to the first tee Thursday

Anybody else see the attempted Tiger psychoanalysis segment TGC aired last night? It was pretty over the top...like most things TGC does. Brought in some sports psychiatrists who IMO oversimplified Tiger's issues as solely mental, saying all of his physical woes have stemmed from his head. I feel very differently...but I'm not a believer at all in psychiatrists.

• Administrator
He shot a 30 today playing 9 holes with O'meara? if that's true , things might be very very interesting come Sunday.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/just-old-times-vintage-woods-display-monday/

Says he shot about 33 (and is very loosely scored). He's not playing as well today. Not terribly, but not great.

Same.

That's not the same motion.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anybody else see the attempted Tiger psychoanalysis segment TGC aired last night? It was pretty over the top...like most things TGC does. Brought in some sports psychiatrists who IMO oversimplified Tiger's issues as solely mental, saying all of his physical woes have stemmed from his head. I feel very differently...but I'm not a believer at all in psychiatrists.

Psychologists/Psychiatrists

Some of us degenerates occasionally need a coach.

They make you accountable, face life as it is, help you understand yourself and all the crap you've accumulated so you can scrape it off.

In other situations, assess where your head is to make a calculated assessment of danger to yourself, others.

___

Of course, some people like their crap or are never aware of it, and infect others with their crap.

The ones who are aware, observe and do not let it effect them. Tough to do at times.

Et tu, Skydog?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

^^Is that really necessary? Wasn't trying to have a debtate about the worth of psychology/pyschiatry. Whatever works for different individuals is fine by me, I just said I personally am not a fan of them. That shouldn't be viewed as objectionable. Some people find chiropractors extremely helpful. Some don't. No difference here.

Back on topic. I have no idea if Tiger's mental woes led to his physical demise or the other way around. I personally think it was a bit of both at the same time. I simply didn't agree with how the head docs dismissed or underplayed the phyical problems in TGC segment.

It was disgraceful. One of the guys spreading quackery about how Tiger's back issues came from his emotional issues. Awful.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

It was disgraceful. One of the guys spreading quackery about how Tiger's back issues came from his emotional issues. Awful.

Yep. Basically used the argument that we carry a lot our life's burdens in our back so that's what caused Tiger's to break down. Really doc? How bout the nearly in-human amount of torque and pressure his swing put on his body for 30+ years.

But really, did you expect anything better from TGC? Jimmy Roberts, Tim Rosaforte, and Frank Nobilo are the ones worth listening to IMO.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I like Donaldson & Walker a lot. I was curious as to whether the huge crowds might get to his playing partners, but they both did just fine at the Ryder Cup.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I think Tiger will miss the cut, probably not by much. I'd say no way, no chance of him contending, thus I'd rather him miss the cut. Simply for the reason that on Saturday and Sunday I'd prefer to see all of the leaders and contenders shots than the practice swings of a guy who is 10+ shots back of the lead.

I guess I'd give Tiger a 15% ish chance to make it to the weekend.

Gully

I think Tiger will miss the cut, probably not by much. I'd say no way, no chance of him contending, thus I'd rather him miss the cut. Simply for the reason that on Saturday and Sunday I'd prefer to see all of the leaders and contenders shots than the practice swings of a guy who is 10+ shots back of the lead. I guess I'd give Tiger a 15% ish chance to make it to the weekend. Gully

15% way to low. He could be fooling us, but from everything we hear and how he looks the last few days, I say 90% + he makes the cut. This is pretty easy cut to make for a major. I will be shocked if he doesn't play the weekend.

15% way to low. He could be fooling us, but from everything we hear and how he looks the last few days, I say 90% + he makes the cut. This is pretty easy cut to make for a major. I will be shocked if he doesn't play the weekend.

90%!?!?

I think that's asking a lot even from Tiger. Perhaps we're both on the extreme and the difference of our opinions is a 52.5% chance he makes the cut ;)

I'll bet you a pimento cheese sandwich on it!  :)

Seeing will be believing. I like everything I'm hearing and I'm seeing, but it's all about executing on the course. I also think Rory is going extremely under the radar this week. Let's not forget Tiger stole the headlines at the last two majors, and all Rory did was go out and win. I kinda feel like whenever Tiger's in the field, Rory steps up his game. He's won the last 3 times that was the case.

He's going to beat quite of few the field doing anything but WD because some of those guys are there as previous winners on vacation because they can be. That just leaves playing better than the shell shocked first timers, the AMs and Euro guys that shoot 80's on Thu/Fri. There will be guys playing hurt that don't want to miss it so really he just needs to outplay the current week in week out middle of the pack types that hang in the lower top 50 to make the cut. If he has any game at all after the rough 2015 start his familiarity with AN and performing in big events gives him an edge on them. He won't chase the leaders of anything.

Dave :-)

74 - 72 and be on cut line

146 is too low for the cut, remember it's low 50 and ties and those within ten strokes of the leader... not way out of line, if you said par (144), was going to be the cut... I would say you are nuts... the lowest cut in the entire 78 year history of the MASTERS is 145... typically it's around 147—149... I think 148 makes the cut... Tiger Woods will probably be a couple shots on the either side of par going into the weekend... I don't think he will win, but I'd love to hear some Tiger Roars on the Second Nine on Sunday...

• Upvote 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

That crow is looking worse by the day... I won't be surprised either way but for the first time in awhile I don't think the Vegas odds (50/50 he makes cut) are far off. It's anyone's guess. I think we'll see some good signs of life, just a question of whether it can be sustained for a full round and a full week.

I voted contends, meaning to me he'd finish Top 15.  I'd like to see him win it, but I don't think he's played enough tournament golf over the last 2 years to do so.

Joe Paradiso

I think Tiger believes that the warm embrace from the players, fans, and media at Augusta are somehow going to make up for the shortcomings of the past several months. They won't. He has the yips. You don't get over the yips.

I think Tiger believes that the warm embrace from the players, fans, and media at Augusta are somehow going to make up for the shortcomings of the past several months. They won't. He has the yips. You don't get over the yips.

Far as most ridiculous things to Say, congrats you win!

Note: This thread is 3272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!