IGNORED

How Do You Think Tiger Will Perform at the 2015 Masters?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How do you think Tiger will perform at the 2015 Masters?

• Wins
    • Contends
    • Makes Cut but doesn't contend
    • Misses Cut
    • Starts but doesn't make it 36 holes
    • Doesn't make it to the first tee Thursday

I was impressed with his golfing this week.  This will help him with the yips.  I'm hoping his health stays with him the rest of the week end.

What?
He doesn't have the yips.

His short game is as good as anyones. Better than most.

He had a few issues. They are in the past.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Tiger has the stuff right now, if he can bury a few putts, to shoot himself a long way up tomorrow, meaning 63 or 64... I don't think Spieth is going to get too far out into space... if you figure that your nuts... he will not finish 22 under... he's gonna shoot 70 or 71 both days and post 271... Tiger needs a 63 or 64 tomorrow, so maybe he can influence the roars a little on the second nine Sunday...

That's a bold and inspired prediction that you made right there. If Tiger can tie the tournament record, tie the lowest round ever shot in a major since Ol' Tom Morris invented majors, then he'll be right back in this thing. Also, if a frog had wings and my aunt had a package. Tiger's lowest round ever in competition was a 61 back in 2000 when he was the GOAT. And that weren't at no major. Here's a prediction - Tiger will not shoot 63 or 64 either Saturday or Sunday.

Occam's razor

What?

He doesn't have the yips.

His short game is as good as anyones. Better than most.

He had a few issues. They are in the past.

What?  You don't think the last two tourn's.  out he didn't have the yips?  He doesn't have them now, but he did before this week.  He's golfing great for what he's gone thru.

Tiger has the stuff right now, if he can bury a few putts, to shoot himself a long way up tomorrow, meaning 63 or 64... I don't think Spieth is going to get too far out into space... if you figure that your nuts... he will not finish 22 under... he's gonna shoot 70 or 71 both days and post 271... Tiger needs a 63 or 64 tomorrow, so maybe he can influence the roars a little on the second nine Sunday...

Watching Tiger the last couple of days, he definitely has a low 60's in him. Can he stay within himself on a weekend at a major? I expect maybe mid 60's, 63 is asking a lot. Even for Tiger.

What?  You don't think the last two tourn's.  out he didn't have the yips?  He doesn't have them now, but he did before this week.  He's golfing great for what he's gone thru.

Yips and terrible technique are not the same thing.

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To me half of what I wanted to see is Woods ahead of Garcia and beating him in the 3 round.  Now I hope Woods ends up healthy and in the top ten finish.  Maybe in the top five....fingers crossed, fingers crossed.

Correct, he had the yips. ....they maybe gone , but can come roaring back or return a year or a month from now or leave forever.

I'm really not convinced you have a clue about what you talk about. You think he had the yips, based on what evidence? So far everything points to an improper technique. @mvmac briefly chimed in on the slight change he made in one of these threads.

#RectalExtractions

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

He drove the ball kinda bad down the stretch today, that being said, if he puts together a 63 tomorrow (he has the game right now to do it)... -15 probably won't be good enough to win...but it would give Spieth something to look at... though Tiger is only two groups before the last pairing, he could've easily shot 63 or 64 TODAY... his approach shots were spot on for the most part... realistically if he does a little better than 68 tomorrow gets to maybe 12-under I will give him a Damn good chance of finishing top-3... Chambers Bay look out because, I think Tiger just May have did the smartest thing for his career he has ever done...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I think in most years on this track with these conditions, Tiger would probably be within a few of the lead. However, I just think Jordan, Rose and Phil are playing lights out. When Tiger played here in 2005, he played on a track just as soft as this one, if not softer (it rained a ton in 2005), and he was leading at -11 through 3 rounds. That's 3rd place this year. So he has nothing to really be ashamed of. He's playing great....it's just one of those years where the guys at the top are playing amazing, and it goes to show just how hard it really is to win a major nowadays.

Tiger said it best today. He had a chance to go REALLY low. And he really did. If you break down his shots. Easily could have been 62-63. And the best, is which I love Tiger. He really thinks he can win tomorrow.

I'm really not convinced you have a clue about what you talk about. You think he had the yips, based on what evidence? So far everything points to an improper technique. @mvmac briefly chimed in on the slight change he made in one of these threads.

#RectalExtractions

I just read an article from Butch Harmon who calls Woods problems the "Yips".  Contact Harmon and see if he knows what he's talking about.  Maybe he'll listen to you.

I just read an article from Butch Harmon who calls Woods problems the "Yips".  Contact Harmon and see if he knows what he's talking about.  Maybe he'll listen to you.

Yeah because Butch has never been wrong about things before. Except the ball flight laws. We will let that one slide.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Tiger said it best today. He had a chance to go REALLY low. And he really did. If you break down his shots. Easily could have been 62-63. And the best, is which I love Tiger. He really thinks he can win tomorrow.

Really?

Could have?

Easily?

Spieth could have had 62. He didn't. Phil could have had 62. He didn't

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

That's the best you could come up with? Harmon's comment is akin to that of a doctor who makes a diagnosis without examining the patient. Has it occurred to you that Harmon is wrong, or just being a malicious since he and Tiger don't get along.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Harmon talks a lot of bollocks as does most of the pundits offering an opinion,apart from Chamblee of course.

I made the right choice in the poll,Tiger has made the cut but won't figure.Good to see him playing well though,fantastic birdie after the duck hook.

That's the best you could come up with? Harmon's comment is akin to that of a doctor who makes a diagnosis without examining the patient. Has it occurred to you that Harmon is wrong, or just being a malicious since he and Tiger don't get along.

Narcissism is also an  improper technique. Bye, bye

Note: This thread is 3294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!