IGNORED

Lee Trevino Says Chris Como Called Him for Chipping Advice

billchao
Note: This thread is 3292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And many of Tiger's chipping critics are notorious for commenting and often knocking most things he does. If Haney says anything about Tiger I just assume it's BS. Same with Blandel.

so you disagree that changing so many swing coaches and revamping the swing was a good move by TW?

Yes, there are a lot of people out there who don't know what they are talking about...

on this message board as well

on this message board as well

On that we agree.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

we'll see how he does in the long term

@Rick Martin , that's the play you make when you hope that people will forget what you said by the time it has been "long term." Plus, if people come back to you in six months and say "see?" you can just say "that's not long term enough."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

we'll see how he does in the long term

Excellent logic, lol

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Bill Harmon, Hank Haney and several other experts disagree w/ you.

Phil who is a short game wizard and not a good friend of tiger disagrees with both of them. Opinions are like ...... nevermind.

[From Hank Haney's Website]  But scientists are now starting to unlock the true root of the problem: a combination of motor skill problems that cause a player’s brain to distort the message being sent to the muscles.

All those talking heads that were sure Tiger had the yips, all said the same thing.......that you simply can't just "practice" the yips away....if this is true (like all the "experts" said) then it logically follows that Tiger's recent turnaround proves he never had them.....

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

• Administrator

[From Hank Haney's Website]  But scientists are now starting to unlock the true root of the problem: a combination of motor skill problems that cause a player’s brain to distort the message being sent to the muscles.

All those talking heads that were sure Tiger had the yips, all said the same thing.......that you simply can't just "practice" the yips away....if this is true (like all the "experts" said) then it logically follows that Tiger's recent turnaround proves he never had them.....

Agreed.

People with the yips don't just have near-perfect short games (or short putts, or tee shots, etc.) for three of the most pressure-packed days of the year on the tightest lies to the slickest, "slopiest" greens.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

there's no logic involved

QFT

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Bill Harmon, Hank Haney and several other experts disagree w/ you.

It's not like Hank Haney's never been wrong.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

there's no logic involved - from his full swing to his short game, long term will tell if he's really back or has found a band aid fix.

You don't bandaid the yips. Snead tried everything from croquet putting to side saddle, and when the pressure was on it almost always came back.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• Administrator
there's no logic involved - from his full swing to his short game, long term will tell if he's really back or has found a band aid fix.

@Rick Martin , on this, you're just off target. You don't "find band-aid fixes" to everything in a few weeks. Not at the PGA Tour level.

Please specifically define the "long term" so that I can set a calendar reminder to come back here and revive this thread. You failed to get the gist of my earlier post on this. It's a cheap way out because by saying "long term" everyone will have forgotten about it, and if someone revives the thread in three months, or six months, you can say "that wasn't long term enough."

Are you willing to wager any amount of money on this?

Set a date. Tell me a dollar amount. Keep it under $500 because I don't want to wonder if you'd pay up for a larger amount. @PiustheDrGolf still owes me $100 after all…

Agreed.

People with the yips don't just have near-perfect short games (or short putts, or tee shots, etc.) for three of the most pressure-packed days of the year on the tightest lies to the slickest, "slopiest" greens.

Yeah, If Tiger's short game performance at Augusta is the play of someone with short game yips I want to know where to sign up to get my own yips.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 3292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!