IGNORED

Oakley Golf Prizm Lenses

• Administrator

I wanted to get my kiddo ( @NatalieB ) some Oakleys for her golf this year.

She ended up getting a pair of Quarter Jackets in black with the G30 Prizm lens. The G30 has long been one of the best for golf, according to Oakley. I have some G30 Iridium lenses and I've enjoyed using them. The G30 Prizm lacks the same mirror effect but is supposedly VERY good for golf.

She likes them, though she could only really look at our yard at dusk, so… :)

http://www.oakley.com/en/collections/mens-golf

http://www.oakley.com/en/prizm-quarter-jacket-replacement-lenses/product/W0OO9200RPZ

Unfortunately, they don't seem to have Golf Prizm lenses for the Fast Jackets.

Anyone else have these? What do you think?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great choice! I've worn the Flak Jackets with G30 lenses for years now. Absolutely love them in virtually all conditions. I looked through the site, but couldn't tell. What, if any, is the difference between the G30 Prizm lens and the regular G30? Is it that they're also polarized?

I might have to look into a pair of these.  I love my Maxx sunglasses, but they just don't hold up probably as well as these.  I hope Nat likes them on the course.

• Administrator

Great choice!

I've worn the Flak Jackets with G30 lenses for years now. Absolutely love them in virtually all conditions. I looked through the site, but couldn't tell. What, if any, is the difference between the G30 Prizm lens and the regular G30?

Is it that they're also polarized?

I don't know. I just know what I read on the site. I think they're polarized (but I haven't tested it out or anything).

I have some Oakley Flak Jacket XLJs with the G30 lenses and I love them. My dad gave me some flak (pun intended) about wearing them while playing, claiming that I was "going Hollywood" on him, but I struggle with major eye fatigue and really dry eyes when the wind blows even a little bit. The sunglasses help with both issues. And they look damn good!!

I think more golfers should take better care of their eyes.

This means wearing sunglasses far more often than most golfers seem to do.

Agree.  UV exposure increases your risk of cataracts.

My gf got my Oakley sunglasses for Christmas.

When we went into the store, I saw the Golf Prizm's and tried them on.  The sales person said that they were great for the golf course but weren't really for everyday use but you could definitely tell some differences with the color green.

Since I was looking for everyday use sunglasses, I ended up getting the polarized Flak Jacket XLJ with the blue lenses and I love them.

I think more golfers should take better care of their eyes. This means wearing sunglasses far more often than most golfers seem to do.

Good point, I am making more of an effort to do so. I think I will pick up a pair of these with the prizm lenses as well.

• 1 month later...

I have the G30 Iridium lenses and I love them. I tried on a pair of Flak Jackets with the G30 Prizm lenses to see if it was worth upgrading and I didn't really like the Prizm lenses. They didn't reduce the glare as much as mine. I felt like everything was too bright with them on.

I have the G30 Iridium lenses and I love them. I tried on a pair of Flak Jackets with the G30 Prizm lenses to see if it was worth upgrading and I didn't really like the Prizm lenses. They didn't reduce the glare as much as mine. I felt like everything was too bright with them on.

I got that exact pair, the Flak Jackets with Prizm lenses, and really really like them. I am used to playing without glasses so they are great for me. I really like how they transition from sunlight to being in the shade. I feel they enhance your vision in either condition. Wish I could actually play some golf with them, but I am loving these so far.

• Administrator

I have the Fast Jackets. My right lens has had a little scratch or nick right in the center since almost the first week I got them. I'm kinda used to them, but I keep waffling on buying a new pair of lenses for them. The G30 Prizm isn't out for the Fast Jacket yet.

I got that exact pair, the Flak Jackets with Prizm lenses, and really really like them. I am used to playing without glasses so they are great for me. I really like how they transition from sunlight to being in the shade. I feel they enhance your vision in either condition. Wish I could actually play some golf with them, but I am loving these so far.

Oooh, in the shade too, that's good to know. I almost always take my G30 Iridium sunglasses off in the shade as they make things too dark, tougher to find balls I figure. Hmmmm.

My G30 Iridium are polarized, too, and some sites make it unclear whether you're buying the polarized ones or not.

If I didn't have the G30 Iridium lenses, I probably would have liked the Prizm lenses. As it is, I'm used to my sunglasses making everything a little darker and slightly red. With the Prizm lenses, I had to squint at times if the sunlight reflected off things and hit my eyes (still too much glare for me). I couldn't wear them out on a boat, for example. [quote name="iacas" url="/t/81238/oakley-golf-prizm-lenses#post_1146057"] I have the Fast Jackets. My right lens has had a little scratch or nick right in the center since almost the first week I got them. I'm kinda used to them, but I keep waffling on buying a new pair of lenses for them. The G30 Prizm isn't out for the Fast Jacket yet. [/quote]That sucks. I have Flak Jacket XLJs and they have lots of lenses for them. The first round I played, I accidentally dropped them on the 18th green when I was shaking hands with my partners and someone stepped on them. Fortunately, there was no damage.