IGNORED

To Those That Wear Watches...

Pretzel
Note: This thread is 3293 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A lot of my friends wear golf GPS watches with the front, middle, rear yardage readout. I should get one. I use a hand held, which is never in my pocket when I want it. Since I have worn a watch 24/7 for over 50 years, I feel more comfortable with the weight on my wrist.

I still forget to take my phone quite often when I go out, but my watch?  It's not American Express, but I still never leave home without it.

Here is a pretty cool slide show of ten of the top PGA golfers and the watch that they wear....

http://www.pgatour.com/style-report/2014/12/09/style-insider-golfers-apparel-watches-timepieces.html

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I might accuse you of being a non-golfer wearing a watch playing golf!

bubba and phil included!     Freakin' non golfers!!  I suspect they have endorsements leading them in this direction....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I wear my gear s when I play and for some strange reason, the wrist pain I have felt for years is gone. Whether it is in my head or real, I will stick with what is working.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been wearing my Gear Live for the last 6 months.  At first, it felt a little odd... but now, it's part of my game.  I use GolfShot GPS on my phone, which is kept in my rear, left pocket... and it sends the yardages to my watch.

I played a round a few weeks ago without it (I forgot to put it on before leaving the house) and it just felt odd since I'm so used to having the watch on now.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

My watch has a stainless steel bracelet, and I find it too heavy and distracting to wear during my round, or even swinging on the range. If I need the time, I have my phone or my GPS unit. Therefore, the watch never comes with me to the course. I don't see the point. Frankly, I generally don't want to know the time because it gets depressing with the 5+ hour rounds we have around here.

I have loose Livestrong-type bracelets on my left wrist that I never take off, though.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Note: This thread is 3293 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!