IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88

Note: This thread is 2297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sectional Qualifying tomorrow. Should be interesting, some big names playing. Surprised to see Luke Donald needs to go through qualifying.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/memorial-champ-lingmerth-trying-qualify-us-open/

Yesterday's winner, Lingmerth, is back out playing today just trying to qualify. No rest for the weary.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Qualifiers thus far: Andrew Pope Luke Donald Jack Maguire Matthew NeSmith Lee McCoy Roberto Castro Denny McCarthy Billy Hurley III Lee Janzen Jamie Lovermark Pat Wilson Rich Berberian Michael Davan Nick Hardy Stephan Jaeger Tony Finau Cole Hammer Kyle Jones Mark Silvers Rod Pampling Michael Putnam Sam Saunders Bryson DeChambeau David Hearn Sebastian Cappelen Daniel Summerhays Ryo Ishikawa Bo Van Pelt George McNeill Brad Fritsch Tyler Duncan Blayne Barber Brad Elder Tom Hoge Brandon Hagy Davis Riley Charlie Beljan Brian Harman Andrés Romero Retief Goosen Bolds are players you may have heard of. I believe half these golfers on this list are made-up.

Pray tell, what is a 'made up golfer'?  Half the bolder names on that list i have never heard of either.   And i had never heard of Lingmerth before Sunday noon.

Pray tell, what is a 'made up golfer'?  Half the bolder names on that list i have never heard of either.   And i had never heard of Lingmerth before Sunday noon.

Golfers that are made-up, sir. Like Billy Dipshit.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/memorial-champ-lingmerth-trying-qualify-us-open/

Yesterday's winner, Lingmerth, is back out playing today just trying to qualify. No rest for the weary.

something's not right about that - winning a tour event and not being good enough to be in the US Open and having to qualify......

re: Lingmerth - he's had some good tournaments over the last year - led The Players or was in the running in 2014, if I recall.

Qualifiers thus far: Andrew Pope Luke Donald Jack Maguire Matthew NeSmith Lee McCoy Roberto Castro Denny McCarthy Billy Hurley III Lee Janzen Jamie Lovermark Pat Wilson Rich Berberian Michael Davan Nick Hardy Stephan Jaeger Tony Finau Cole Hammer Kyle Jones Mark Silvers Rod Pampling Michael Putnam Sam Saunders Bryson DeChambeau David Hearn Sebastian Cappelen Daniel Summerhays Ryo Ishikawa Bo Van Pelt George McNeill Brad Fritsch Tyler Duncan Blayne Barber Brad Elder Tom Hoge Brandon Hagy Davis Riley Charlie Beljan Brian Harman Andrés Romero Retief Goosen Bolds are players you may have heard of. I believe half these golfers on this list are made-up.

Excellent bolding and non-bolding. I think Sam Saubders is Arnold Palmer grandson. He got special invite one year that some resented to API. He kicked butt (home course maybe? I forget). Since then he's been solid. Earning his way up with solid performances. Other than that, don't know any non bolds either. Recognize all the bolds. Edit: mark Silvers of big break fame!!! Woohoo. Well done mark

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've heard of Lovemark, Putnam, Saunders, Dechambeau, McNeill, and Fritsch. I may not be able to identify them in a lineup, but I've seen their names on leaderboards. (I've even started McNeill in my fantasy league a few times when he was somehow part of the Class A pool, and no other players in that group had entered.)

And your other qualifiers: Kevin Lucas Jared Becher Jake Knapp Beau Hossler Brian Campbell Josh Anderson Sam Horsfield Timothy O'Neal Cameron Smith Camilo Villegas D.A Points Danny Lee Matt Mabrey Cody Gribble Jason Allred Kyle Jones Cheng Tsung Pan Mackenzie Hughes Richard Lee Troy Kelly Of note, my man Andrés Romero chipped in for eagle on the last hole to get a spot. That's good hustle!

Good to see Goosen make it. His 10-year exemption just ran out. I always felt that if you win multiple US Opens you should be exempt through at least 50. All the other majors if you win just once you're exempt for life.

15 year old Cole Hammer qualifies out of the Texas qualifier. First time someone younger than me has ever qualified for a major, I'm getting old :-D

something's not right about that - winning a tour event and not being good enough to be in the US Open and having to qualify......

re: Lingmerth - he's had some good tournaments over the last year - led The Players or was in the running in 2014, if I recall.

2013, came in 2nd Players Championship to Tiger Woods.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/leaderboard/2013/13

Lingmerth's going to struggle at Chambers Bay. He's not a long hitter. He's one of the shortest hitters on Tour, which is why he has struggle contending a lot. Rose was outdriving him with a 3-wood to his Driver in the playoff. I think to contend at the Open this year, you need to at least be somewhat long. The only thing that may help Lingmerth is the fact the course is going to be so dry.

Lingmerth's going to struggle at Chambers Bay. He's not a long hitter. He's one of the shortest hitters on Tour, which is why he has struggle contending a lot. Rose was outdriving him with a 3-wood to his Driver in the playoff. I think to contend at the Open this year, you need to at least be somewhat long. The only thing that may help Lingmerth is the fact the course is going to be so dry.

Well he didn't qualify, so he won't have to worry about it!

Note: This thread is 2297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!