IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure what to make of this:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Then it's just like any other cable channel's corresponding mobile app where you have to input your account login/password.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxsports.videogo&hl;=en

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fox-sports-go/id711074743?mt=8

Yeah, I uploaded the FoxSports Go App. I'm hoping that works like the Watch ESPN App. Guess we'll see come Thursday.

I agree with this. I can't understand why they are complaining. Everyone is playing the same course. Deal with it. You are suppose to be professionals not whiny little kids.

Greens already stressed and the poa annua will only make them bouncy as the day goes on. Can't imagine what they will be like next Sunday.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/the-us-open-greens-already-look-like-a-total-disaster/ar-BBlah6B?ocid=iehp

And what's up with two holes being interchangeable between a par 4 and a par 5 and players not knowing what they will be until they get there each day? If Mike Davis has already stated that 3 practice rounds isn't enough to prepare, why make it even more perplexing?

Bill M

Greens already stressed and the poa annua will only make them bouncy as the day goes on. Can't imagine what they will be like next Sunday.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/the-us-open-greens-already-look-like-a-total-disaster/ar-BBlah6B?ocid=iehp

And what's up with two holes being interchangeable between a par 4 and a par 5 and players not knowing what they will be until they get there each day? If Mike Davis has already stated that 3 practice rounds isn't enough to prepare, why make it even more perplexing?

Uh oh!  Sounds like another Merion disaster in the making.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Uh oh!  Sounds like another Merion disaster in the making.

I think it could be more like Shinnecock than Merion. Given the weather forecast, I think you're going to see them water them pretty heavily tonight. The good news is it's supposed to cool down and that will help keep the greens from baking out.

I think it could be more like Shinnecock than Merion. Given the weather forecast, I think you're going to see them water them pretty heavily tonight. The good news is it's supposed to cool down and that will help keep the greens from baking out.

Shinnecock and Merion.2 terrible courses right??

If you're rooting for Phil Mickelson, I think the most positive sign is the fact this course will resemble Muirfield 2013 a lot. Looks just as brown and fast.

The way he's playing he doesn't have a hope.

Think,Scottish Open and Open Phil!!

Shinnecock and Merion.2 terrible courses right??

According to some they are because they are so short and small. I personally like both of them. Merion played soft in '13 whereas Shinnecock and Chambers Bay will play hard and fast.

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/124727/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/124728/] [/URL]

I hope that's not Tiger's new swing. Looks worse than some of the hackers' swing. Just saying.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

According to some they are because they are so short and small. I personally like both of them. Merion played soft in '13 whereas Shinnecock and Chambers Bay will play hard and fast.

Just did the fly by on youtube for Chambers Bay.

This course will kill some guys.

Winning score;- level par or worse.

I like what Jordan Spieth said about the negative comments on the course. "Those that are saying bad things about the course probably aren't going to be a factor this week." From what I've heard, Jordan and Phil seem to be taking the most positive approach so far in talking about CB.

"Follow the dots: It's impossible to tell where the fairways end and the greens begin so the USGA has painted little white dots as the demarcation. That way, players know when they can pick up and mark their ball."

From recent pix, looks like the fairways are brown, hope not the greens too.

"Follow the dots: It's impossible to tell where the fairways end and the greens begin so the USGA has painted little white dots as the demarcation. That way, players know when they can pick up and mark their ball."

From recent pix, looks like the fairways are brown, hope not the greens too.

From what I've seen, it looks a lot like Muirfield did in 2013. Brown is usually good on links courses. Not sure if this is considered a "true links course" though. But a lot of similarities with how the greens and fairways look.

I'm super stoked about this course it looks beautiful would love to play it. I wonder if any inclement weather is scheduled to be in the area during the weekend. Some stiff winds could really make this challenging or should I say more challenging.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!