IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If Johnny Miller's watching the bonus coverage, he just drove a 9-iron into his laptop. The announcer just said that Nickaus and Weiskopf (in 1980) were the only two players who shot a 63 at the U.S. Open. For the record, Vijay Singh did too, in 2003.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I think it's more of a hybrid. Links courses don't have the elevation changes and the greens are more "perched" than the typical links course so we're seeing more balls landing/flying to the hole than running.

If you watch the Scottish Open in a few weeks you'll see a traditional links (Gullane) that has massive elevation changes. They aren't all flat.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

If Johnny Miller's watching the bonus coverage, he just drove a 9-iron into his laptop. The announcer just said that Nickaus and Weiskopf (in 1980) were the only two players who shot a 63 at the U.S. Open. For the record, Vijay Singh did too, in 2003.

The announcer probably meant a first round 63. Edit: that's the DJ short game we've seen before.

I did chuckle at someone heckling Bubba as an amateur. Probably the perfect comment to get under his skin.

Dammit I'm missing all this shit. Work keeps getting in the way of important things like watching golf. :censored:

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Oh Phil. He could've been lower. I am hoping Rory's on with his driver this week

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ok - the USGA feed is so much better than CBS's.  This is really nice - like the Master's feed.

the greens look like marble countertops - cool course

Bill - 

Oh Phil. He could've been lower.

I am hoping Rory's on with his driver this week

Both Phil and Rory could have gone way lower today. Silly mistakes from Phil and missed opportunities from Rory.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

• Administrator
Sooo what will Tiger shoot?

Over/Under 72? I say slightly over, I think he'll shoot 73.

I'll take the under if you're setting it at 72. I'd set it there too if I was trying to get 50/50 bets.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Depends on how many times he pulls that driver out.

I am hoping he doesn't take it out more than 2 or 3 times.

If so, I predict 68.

Don

I like what I saw from his range practice. But once again I think he'll fail to bring it to the course.

I think he'll shoot a 75.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I will add that if Tiger pulls out that driver 5 or more times, I think over 72 will come in to play.

Don

I'm going to go with 70, -2

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I think Tiger will be 2 under ( 68 )

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!