IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If Spieth wins this, I am sure the talk of "Grand Slam" will get louder in July.

Of course but I'm not sure his game is suited as well for St Andrews. Spieth is best on tougher courses with quick greens.

Tiger has picked up four spots in four holes. Now he just needs to continue that trend for eighty more holes and he'll be in position to make the cut.

Lol. I'm guessing top 60 and ties puts the cut line maybe at +3 or +4, depending how much backsliding occurs.

It's possible that 2 of the 3 Big Breakers will make the cut, but neither would be named Matt Every.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can understand some of the fuss about the course, but I'm really enjoying it. For the most part, it's a standard US Open - rewards sensible shots and patience. Also, the course looks awesome on TV to my eyes; certainly not bad enough to turn the TV off!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Lol. I'm guessing top 60 and ties puts the cut line maybe at +3 or +4, depending how much backsliding occurs.  It's possible that 2 of the 3 Big Breakers will make the cut, but neither would be named Matt Every.

Mark Silvers is playing this week, correct?

Uh oh, Jordan's playing adventure golf

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallT

Lol. I'm guessing top 60 and ties puts the cut line maybe at +3 or +4, depending how much backsliding occurs.

It's possible that 2 of the 3 Big Breakers will make the cut, but neither would be named Matt Every.

Yes, Mark is even today after 5 holes at +2 overall. T51.

Finau is -1 today after 10 holes at -2 overall. T10!

Uh oh, Jordan's playing adventure golf

Yep! Hit the lip from fairway bunker to end up in rough. Then skulled his 3rd shot to a bunker in the direction of the green. He's got a long way left on this par 4. C'mon, Jordan. Needs up n down for bogey.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Yeah he is.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

So is it going to go the same way as yesterday and play much tougher this afternoon? Will be interesting to see how Henrik and DJ cope...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

So is it going to go the same way as yesterday and play much tougher this afternoon? Will be interesting to see how Henrik and DJ cope...

At this point (it's early) DJ can come out and shoot 70 today and may still be leading.

First groups teed off at 7am this morning. At 11am, those groups are just finishing their 14th hole.  240min/14holes= 17mins/hole.  Times 18 holes gives you 308min (5 hr, 8min).

My Swing

Greens don't seem to have that fire in them like they did yesterday. Very receptive. That shot by Gallacher was going off the green yesterday. Will be interesting to see if they bake out some with the sun but scoring is there for the taking. Seeing a lot of shots sticking close to the hole. I want to see more carnage.

First groups teed off at 7am this morning. At 11am, those groups are just finishing their 14th hole.  240min/14holes= 17mins/hole.  Times 18 holes gives you 308min (5 hr, 8min).

That's better than yesterday. First group yesterday finished in 5 hr/16 min

Greens don't seem to have that fire in them like they did yesterday. Very receptive. That shot by Gallacher was going off the green yesterday. Will be interesting to see if they bake out some with the sun but scoring is there for the taking. Seeing a lot of shots sticking close to the hole. I want to see more carnage.

Follow Lucas Glover

Tiger's irons were once excellent. Now they have left the building. What's left?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

They have Jordan Spieth chastising himself after he played 18 (his 9th):

"That was the dumbest hole I've ever played in my life. That was so dumb. Unbelievably stupid. It's not "

That was carnage for the leader at that point. Let's see how he recovers on his back nine.

My Swing

Jason Day holes out from 60 yards for birdie, that was impressive.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Jason Day holes out from 60 yards for birdie, that was impressive.

Fan the iron, thin the sand wedge, slam-dunk the pitch. Just a garden variety four.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 3188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!