IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They didn't bother asking Kisner anything about his round in the post round interview, just about Jason Day. Ouch.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

The line that Dustin just took was stupid! Unless, of course, you can get away with it.  Sheesh!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks like it will be a good finish with potentially 10 or more with a chance to win. I'll say E to +1 has a chance.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

What is up with Jason?  Great back nine, but the commentators seem to be riding him like a rodeo clown.  Oosthuizen is the one they should be talking up.  Was a member of the disaster group Thursday, and has shot 66 two days in a row now.

And, apparently, Oosthuizen missed five putts inside 10 feet today.  He could have a size-able lead right now.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

What is up with Jason?  Great back nine, but the commentators seem to be riding him like a rodeo clown.  Oosthuizen is the one they should be talking up.  Was a member of the disaster group Thursday, and has shot 66 two days in a row now.

The cameras were on Jason all day,hoping he would take another collywobble.

Pathetic.

You're aware he literally collapsed yesterday, right?

Jordan should feel great about his position. He hit approaches on 15-18 that would have been the best in any of the last four groups. He knows that he had an off putting day. That's not likely to happen two days in a row. Holly has to be the worst possible post-round interviewer in golf history. Could your questions be any more meaningless?

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Holly has to be the worst possible post-round interviewer in golf history.

Yeah, but Phil was showing her some LUV on Thursday.

No wonder he's always got a grin......

View image on Twitter

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I get severe vertigo about twice a year for no reason. (Doctors assume its from multiple concussions) anyway, Jason Days body mannerisms are EXACTLY like mine when I get it, and I have a hard time walking 20 feet. This is crazy. Id imagine playing CB with vertigo as hell on earth.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Yeah, but Phil was showing her some LUV on Thursday. No wonder he's always got a grin...... View image on Twitter

Judging by the look on her face Phil has a sleeve of noodles in his pocket.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Pretty impressive.....there have been 7 rounds of major championship golf this year and Spieth has held the lead in 6 of them. McIlroy achieved a similar feat in '11 when he lead three Masters rounds and went wire-to-wire at the US Open.

Personally, I'm rooting for Jordan tomorrow, not just because I have money on him (well, that's the main reason), but I want to see him go to The Open with a shot at the Grand Slam. It's like Joe DiMaggio's hitting streak....you know it's probably never going to happen (in this case, the Grand Slam), but yet you still hang on to that glimmer of hope that it just could.

I am now a Jason Day fan.

I had a bout of dizziness recently ... all I wanted to do was clutch a doorknob or table  - can't imagine being out there on a golf course with an imbalance issue.    I'm all in on the JD bandwagon  tomorrow

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I get severe vertigo about twice a year for no reason. (Doctors assume its from multiple concussions) anyway, Jason Days body mannerisms are EXACTLY like mine when I get it, and I have a hard time walking 20 feet. This is crazy. Id imagine playing CB with vertigo as hell on earth.

I've had the concussion wobbles and if it's anything like vertigo then I can't even imagine grabbing a doorknob let alone hitting a golf ball. I hope that he can get that worked out.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• Administrator
Personally, I'm rooting for Jordan tomorrow, not just because I have money on him (well, that's the main reason), but I want to see him go to The Open with a shot at the Grand Slam. It's like Joe DiMaggio's hitting streak....you know it's probably never going to happen (in this case, the Grand Slam), but yet you still hang on to that glimmer of hope that it just could.

You won't agree because you don't like him, but the grand slam was achieved by Tiger IMO. He held all four major titles and won them consecutively. The "within a calendar year" thing is an odd limiter to place on things. It's probably tougher to win them over a 10 month span than it is to win them over a five-month span.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!