IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note:Β This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Jason Day holes out from 60 yards for birdie, that was impressive.

After complaining about the hole, now he loves it ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jason Day holes out from 60 yards for birdie, that was impressive.

Wow. Β And I was about to include a quote above in my carnage post when they caught Jason saying "That is a joke" as he watched his bunker shot roll down the hill 60 yards! Worked out ok for him, so it's not exactly carnage.

My Swing

Driver:Β :ping:Β G30, Irons:Β :tmade:Β Burner 2.0, Putter:Β :cleveland:, Balls:Β :snell:

Wow. Β And I was about to include a quote above in my carnage post when they caught Jason saying "That is a joke" as he watched his bunker shot roll down the hill 60 yards! Worked out ok for him, so it's not exactly carnage.

Note to Jason, don't hit it in the bunker and don't catch your bunker shot slightly thin.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

I was there the last two days off of 10 and 1 grandstands. Β A lot of good shots into 10, but everybody is leaving putts short. Β I just wanted to yell down to phil to not leave it short, and what did he do? He left it short. Β I shoulda yelled. haha! Β Was fun, I could see Tiger on the range from the top of 1 grandstands (like half a mile away or so) with binoculars. Β He looked great there at least. Β There's lots of potential to play well there, just got to play those breaks correctly on the approach shots. Β But the greens are certainly slower than expected to players it seems. I'm excited to see how D. Johnson will do today!

• Upvote 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach;Β Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI
Β 
TeamΒ :srixon:!

OK, the entire last half hour on both the USGA stream and Fox broadcast has been "talking faces"

What the heck, "There's a US OPEN" being played :pound:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Ball wobbles on perfectly great looking greens :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Ball wobbles on perfectly great looking greens

But brown coloured grass makes it wobble more! :-P

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag:Β Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

so they get to play on what we play on all the time - I love this

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Anyone see that grimace from Tiger after his nice approach? Β He was removing his glove gingerly to reveal a bandage on his left index finger. Have they mentioned an injured finger?

My Swing

Driver:Β :ping:Β G30, Irons:Β :tmade:Β Burner 2.0, Putter:Β :cleveland:, Balls:Β :snell:

Anyone see that grimace from Tiger after his nice approach? Β He was removing his glove gingerly to reveal a bandage on his left index finger. Have they mentioned an injured finger?

Blood blister from Memorial? An example of bumpy greens? https://vine.co/v/eiiZ2EZLduQ

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Quote:

Wouldn't surprise me if he hurt something on his hand on the shot he lost/threw his club on yesterday.Β  Slow motion looked brutal on the club as well as the hands.Β  Plus he was hitting out of the junk all day.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:Β Β Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:Β Β CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:Β Β VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:Β Β IC 20-10A

Star power at the top is losing its luster. Getting the David summerhays, Branden Grace's, joist lootens and Ben Martins moving up to the top

Don't be hating on the Clemson/Greenville boy haha.Β  He's a solid player.

It's crazy how he has improved.Β  He was never a really good junior golfer (as in not one of the top 5 in the state), and only started being recruited by Clemson late in his HS career.Β  Then at Clemson he wasn't a guy expected to play much early on, but continued to improve.Β  One of his strengths is that he misses small.

Not sure if this was posted yet, but it's a great post anyway.

"But by the time his work was done for the day,(Bubba) Watson didn't want to talk about it. He declined a pooled request for a post-round interview, though later told the Associated Press: "We've been waiting all day. I just hit a bad shot. I'm not going to pout. We've all seen articles written about me that I'm a pouter. It's nothing new.""
Taken fromΒ http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/bubba-watson-not-happy-with-the-pace-of-play-at-chambers-bay-214554506-golf.html

Just the fact he openly admits that he is a pouter makes me laugh! Β Now I just need to find a quote from Poulter...

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach;Β Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI
Β 
TeamΒ :srixon:!

Star power at the top is losing its luster. Getting the David summerhays, Branden Grace's, joist lootens and Ben Martins moving up to the top

It's ****ing JOOST LUITEN bro.

Riley

Ugly triple by Rosey. Joost Luiten ( joist lootens for the non-dutchies :-P ) also did wel on the back nine after two bogeys on the front!

Note:Β This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!