IGNORED

Altered Course, New Show on Golf Channel

tefunk
Note: This thread is 3193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like the fitness aspect of the show. But it is so tricked up, I don't think it will keep my interest. I had a lot of eye rolling moments.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Kristen Kenney, the host, is pretty hot, but she's not as hot as Melanie Collins, the co-host of Big Break.

What's In My Bag...

• Administrator

Kristen Kenney, the host, is pretty hot, but she's not as hot as Melanie Collins, the co-host of Big Break.

She is capable, at least, of running along the course with the contestants. I doubt Melanie's heels would allow her to do that very well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I watched, it's not good, terrible idea.

I watched the first episode last night on demand. It didn't keep my interest. Not sure if I'll watch another episode. They dropped Big Break but aire this show?? I just don't get it.

I watched the first episode last night on demand. It didn't keep my interest. Not sure if I'll watch another episode. They dropped Big Break but aire this show?? I just don't get it.

They had already filmed this when they made the decision to cut BB.  I won't watch another episode, I barely made it through the first.

Joe Paradiso

They had already filmed this when they made the decision to cut BB.  I won't watch another episode, I barely made it through the first.

Ok. That makes sense.

1 - I don't see anything in the news about cancelling Big Break - Can someone update if this is actual or just 'talk'?  any links to an announcement?  I'll do a search too.

2 - Altered Course - This was pretty boring, but kind of reminds me of the first few Big Breaks which were also tedious - it needed to find the right hosts and dialogue to keep it moving.  At this point, a pilot like this has to find its footing before interest falls off fast.  Right now it's just showing a few profile updates and people doing the stunt/premise of the build.  It's not quite a 'show' yet.  Though it did succeed at over advertising the resorts to the point where I don't want to travel there.  Overkill

They'll have to figure it out quick, because just watching 8 teams race through an odd layout won't do it, hope they find ways to mix it up, else it'll be a boring show that had at least a passable premise.

EDIT:  Found it - "hiatus" is the status then

Quote:

While speculation persists about the motives behind the layoffs, a network spokesman told Golf Blot that Golf Channel decided to place a greater emphasis on live programming, which meant shows such as Big Break have been shelved or outright canceled.

Big Break was a cornerstone of the company’s original programming, and recently completed its 23rd iteration. It has technically been put on hiatus, company spokesman Dave Schaefer said.

Bill - 

• Administrator

1 - I don't see anything in the news about cancelling Big Break - Can someone update if this is actual or just 'talk'?  any links to an announcement?  I'll do a search too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

One more small thing about this show: the name of the show ("Altered Course") doesn't work. It sounds like a show on HGTV. "Speed Golf" or "Marathon Golf" makes more sense.

What's In My Bag...

After the first episode, I was on the fence on this show. Like Chambers Bay and the Fox broadcast of the US Open, I thought Altered Course was just too tricked up. However after the second show, I am definitely committed to this show now. I love the fitness aspect of the show. I love working out as much as I love golf. So, I could really appreciate the fitness aspect of the show and the fitness level of the players.

The speed golf challenge of Big Break was always one of my favorite episodes. Altered Course is just an entire season of episodes of speed golf.

And for those that care about the hots on the show, here is my ranking of the six ladies (I know a lot of guys are turned off by chicks with any sort of muscle/tone. NOTE I am not one of those guys. Those guys are my enemy. Actually, slow golfers are my enemy.)

7. Kyla - Canadian Ninjas

6. Ariana - Serbian Sister

5. Eileen - Canadian Ninja

4. Kristen Kenney - host

3. Milena - Serbian Sister

2. Jada - Frenemy

1. Amelia - Frenemy

I have no problem being sexist and treating the women as eye candy - while recognizing their golf skills - because the Golf Channel and Altered Course are clearly selling sex with their marketing of this show. Smart move.

What's In My Bag...

After the first episode, I was on the fence on this show. Like Chambers Bay and the Fox broadcast of the US Open, I thought Altered Course was just too tricked up. However after the second show, I am definitely committed to this show now. I love the fitness aspect of the show. I love working out as much as I love golf. So, I could really appreciate the fitness aspect of the show and the fitness level of the players.

The speed golf challenge of Big Break was always one of my favorite episodes. Altered Course is just an entire season of episodes of speed golf.

And for those that care about the hots on the show, here is my ranking of the six ladies (I know a lot of guys are turned off by chicks with any sort of muscle/tone. NOTE I am not one of those guys. Those guys are my enemy. Actually, slow golfers are my enemy.)

7. Kyla - Canadian Ninjas

6. Ariana - Serbian Sister

5. Eileen - Canadian Ninja

4. Kristen Kenney - host

3. Milena - Serbian Sister

2. Jada - Frenemy

1. Amelia - Frenemy

I have no problem being sexist and treating the women as eye candy - while recognizing their golf skills - because the Golf Channel and Altered Course are clearly selling sex with their marketing of this show. Smart move.

I moved your post to this thread, @Tailgater . I don't think there's enough interest here to sustain multiple threads on Altered Course. :-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I really can't blame them for trying to change the image of the game, and maybe the game itself, people these days like to watch those that are pumped up and bulging, fast and furious, loud and in your face, and golf is historically lanky and hush-hush, the players are not hot.

But that trend is not for me, the more pumped up and loud golf becomes the less I'll be interested, I like golf for it's lack of bravado, it's lack of fist pumps and bros, that stuff is a huge turn off for me, but I guess many disagree.

I like the fitness aspect, but after two shows, I'll likely just DVR it and watch only if I'm really bored.

If one really likes fitness and neat and different ways to show it, then the winner remains American Ninja Warrior, of course.

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!