IGNORED

2015 WGC Cadillac Match Play Inside the Ropes Pics and Videos

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Please Rory....save the match play.

Damn dogg, it still can be interesting without McIlroy or Speith. But yeah he should win.

Riley

Damn dogg, it still can be interesting without McIlroy or SPieth.

It could if anyone else were left. A Fleetwood-Senden final is not scintillating golf. Good, he just won.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rory goin home too. Damn, no need to watch the weekend. Pardon my bitterness, -16 and slammin a trunk. Love match play but damn, that's rough.

Ahem!

Rory ain't going nowhere yet.

5 Americans

4 Englishmen(incredible).

3 South Africans.

2 Aussies.

1 Irishman

1 Japanese.

A great international feel to it.

Ugly behavior that didn't matter...

Here's my take on the Miguel-Keegan exchange.

• Miguel was within his rights to challenge the drop (though he was wrong)
  • Keegan and his caddie should not have been telling Miguel to go back to his ball (he was within his rights to challenge the drop)
  • Miguel should not have told Keegan's caddie to shut up (even though it was entertaining)
  • Keegan was way out of line to get in Miguel's face, though he gets a few points for standing up for his man.
  • Miguel gets points for not shooting either of them. (Because as a secret agent guy he can do that sort of thing.)

In the end, I thought Keegan came off looking poorly. Especially when you consider that Miguel is not a native speaker, so he may not have known a better way to say "shut up." However after all his years on tour, you'd think he'd have that down by now. Maybe the real problem is that Keegan's constant fidgeting and backing off drove Miguel crazy, it would me.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Here's the video of the Miguel/Keegan exchange

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/05/keegan-bradley-jimenez-fight-matchplay.html

Quote:
How often do you see PGA Tour players nose-to-nose, almost ready to come to blows?

That's exactly what we saw Friday night at the WGC-Cadillac Match Play. Keegan Bradley got into Miguel Angel Jimenez's face on the back nine of their match -- after Jimenez questioned Bradley's drop off of a cart path.

A rules official was over with the group as Bradley and his caddie Steve (Pepsi) Hale was explaining their drop -- but Jimenez was not happy. Golf Channel's Steve Sands reported that Jimenez's ball was 40 yards farther down the fairway when Jimenez walked back to Bradley. When Hale said something to Jimenez, it sounded like Jimenez told Hale to "shut up," which prompted Bradley to get in The Mechanic's face.

Bradley kept saying "You need to go back to your ball!" It looked like someone was about to push the other.

Here's video with pretty clear audio of the exchange from a Twitter user (not the PGA Tour's Adam Scott).

This supposedly came after Jimenez wasn't happy about a ruling he got on a drop on a cart path on the 13th hole.

"We thought Miguel was the guy who smoked cigars, drank red wine and just relaxed out there," Dan Hicks said on NBC after observing the two golfers in this heated argument.

Johnny Miller: "The rules official should've done a much better job."

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I agree. Despite Keegan's behavior, he has no business being on the Ryder Cup team. He doesn't have the game for it. Of course his pre shot antics are very annoying, but he's not a match play guy. I don't care about his short lived success riding Phil's coat tail...you lose to the oldest guy in the field...you're done.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

If they're going to keep the same format for next year, the biggest piece of advice I would give them is to re-seed after the first round. This Match Play is so unbalanced right now it's not right. You've got one side filled with stars and the other side filled with duds. McIlroy should not be playing Matsuyama in one match while friggin Leishman is playing Grace or whoever the heck he's playing. They need to re-seed based on WGR.

I agree. Despite Keegan's behavior, he has no business being on the Ryder Cup team. He doesn't have the game for it. Of course his pre shot antics are very annoying, but he's not a match play guy. I don't care about his short lived success riding Phil's coat tail...you lose to the oldest guy in the field...you're done.

Sure Keegan does. He clearly was one of the top players last time the Ryder Cup was being held. He actually has a winning record at the Ryder Cup. So you might want to actually look at some of his records before saying he's not good in Match Play.

I don't know about riding Phil's coat-tails, the guy was sinking a lot of clutch putts during that Ryder Cup in 2012

Ugly behavior that didn't matter...

Here's my take on the Miguel-Keegan exchange.

Miguel was within his rights to challenge the drop (though he was wrong)

Keegan and his caddie should not have been telling Miguel to go back to his ball (he was within his rights to challenge the drop)

Miguel should not have told Keegan's caddie to shut up (even though it was entertaining)

Keegan was way out of line to get in Miguel's face, though he gets a few points for standing up for his man.

Miguel gets points for not shooting either of them. (Because as a secret agent guy he can do that sort of thing.)

In the end, I thought Keegan came off looking poorly. Especially when you consider that Miguel is not a native speaker, so he may not have known a better way to say "shut up." However after all his years on tour, you'd think he'd have that down by now. Maybe the real problem is that Keegan's constant fidgeting and backing off drove Miguel crazy, it would me.

He has the right to challenge the drop, but not much is known in the manor in which he conducted his inquiry.

If the rules official already cleared things up and Miguel still was pestering Bradley and his caddie, then Keegan has every right to defend his caddie. The full details are not known.

I actually like that Keegan got defensive for his guy.

Not knowing the native language is not an excuse for being confrontational.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Sure Keegan does. He clearly was one of the top players last time the Ryder Cup was being held. He actually has a winning record at the Ryder Cup. So you might want to actually look at some of his records before saying he's not good in Match Play.  I don't know about riding Phil's coat-tails, the guy was sinking a lot of clutch putts during that Ryder Cup in 2012 He has the right to challenge the drop, but not much is known in the manor in which he conducted his inquiry.  If the rules official already cleared things up and Miguel still was pestering Bradley and his caddie, then Keegan has every right to defend his caddie. The full details are not known.  I actually like that Keegan got defensive for his guy. Not knowing the native language is not an excuse for being confrontational.

Uh, yeah....think maybe you need to actually check his record. Keegan is 0 wins in singles matches, 0 wins in four ball in the Ryder Cup. 5 presidents cup matches and he's 2-2-1. He's only victories came when playing with another (better) player. Do your research before you post chief.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

And Saevel25...... Keegan's best WGC? Tied for 17th. Sorry. You're just wrong on this one.

Did the Bradley-Jiminez match mean anything or were both guys already eliminated and just playing for, well, fun?

They were playing for "fun".

Riley

Lets at least get the facts right....keegan bradley 2012 ryder cup - 0-1 singles, 2-0 foursomes, 1-0 4 ball. 2014 0-1 singles, 0-1 foursomes 1-0 4 ball.... 4-3 in two trips. Based on americas results over my memory having a winning record in multiple trips is pretty good. Him and phil have made a pretty dynamic duo the last couple trips. Who knows how his game will be by this time next year but he would be on my radar

Note: This thread is 3272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!