IGNORED

2015 WGC Cadillac Match Play Inside the Ropes Pics and Videos

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That's really not much of a sample size.

Well those are his "Match Play" stats...which are all I'm referring to.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Surely there was prize money to play for, right?  I assume they're paying different amounts for different finishing slots.

"Witty golf quote."

Well those are his "Match Play" stats...which are all I'm referring to.

I understand.  I'm just not sure we can draw too many conclusions from such a small sample size.

"Witty golf quote."

RYDER CUP EXPERIENCE Years Played: 2012 Total Matches: 4 Career Ryder Cup Record (W-L-H): 3-1-0 Singles (W-L-H): 0-1-0 Foursomes (W-L-H): 2-0-0 Fourballs (W-L-H): 1-0-0 Total Points Won: 3 Total Points Won Point %: .75 There it is. Well, most play isn't match play on the tour. WGC, Ryder and Presidents. It's a special beast and Keegan's record is not a winning one on his own. Dump him.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

But I agree that Jiminez didn't need to tell Pepsi to shut up. It seemed body language was showing Jiminez was trying to settle it but Keegan was still heated. Didn't help that Keegan had just lost either...of course he didn't have a playing partner to help him win...was one on one...so Keegan should be used to losing.

If they're going to keep the same format for next year, the biggest piece of advice I would give them is to re-seed after the first round. This Match Play is so unbalanced right now it's not right. You've got one side filled with stars and the other side filled with duds. McIlroy should not be playing Matsuyama in one match while friggin Leishman is playing Grace or whoever the heck he's playing. They need to re-seed based on WGR.

This is the typical tennis schedule (despite from the group matches). If all the highest seed players won their group, it would be seed nr 1 vs seed nr 16, seed nr 2 against seed nr 15, seed nr 3 against seed nr 14 etc etc. Re-seeding (basically because of some good results of lower seeds) would be one of the unfairest things you could do in my opinion.

~Jorrit

The weekend is here, as predicted the final 16 majority made up of players from outside the USA, 11-5 still predict that one of the European guys will take the spoils. Dark horse will be Hideki Matsuyama, his back nine have been outstanding, Rory will need to be on his game. Two others to watch will be Paul Casey and Louis Ooshtuisen both have good match play records.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

I actually played a round with Keegan's caddy. Really nice guy. A bit surprised that he seems to have lost his cool. But then again, if anyone tells me to shut up, I'll lose my cool too. But as someone said, Jimenez's first language being NOT English might have something to do with his use/choice of the word without that being the intent.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

To me they both seemed like jackasses there. Keegan is a whiner though.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Bradley just lost my respect. They both could have handled things better but Keegan really crossed the line when he took the threatening, in your face stance. Big baby and a poor loser. Miguel should have popped him in the chops.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Many seem to miss the point that the perhaps the caddy should have just remained zipped.

Two tour pro's are trashing it out, a professional caddy would know best to remain a bystander, unless his boss came to blows, of course.

Not saying what Jimenez did was classy by any means, but....for a guy whose first language isn't English, maybe 'shut up' was the best way he could say 'hey, you stay out of this one, pal'

Just sayin....

Ray

Many seem to miss the point that the perhaps the caddy should have just remained zipped.

Two tour pro's are trashing it out, a professional caddy would know best to remain a bystander, unless his boss came to blows, of course.

Not saying what Jimenez did was classy by any means, but....for a guy whose first language isn't English, maybe 'shut up' was the best way he could say 'hey, you stay out of this one, pal'

Just sayin....

Ray

Agree. The caddy should have zero to say in the matter. There is a rules official and Keegan to do the talking. And I also agree that its possible MAJ just didn't come up with the right choice of words due to his limited English vocabulary. But for whatever the reasons..........they both parties come off looking like jerks.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Agree. The caddy should have zero to say in the matter. There is a rules official and Keegan to do the talking. And I also agree that its possible MAJ just didn't come up with the right choice of words due to his limited English vocabulary. But for whatever the reasons..........they both parties come off looking like jerks.

Agree with all that. Bradley and Hale came off as bigger jerks IMO because of the way they acted after the round when Jiminez was trying to talk to them. Very, very poor sportsmanship in my opinion.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Let look at the Keegan Bradly and Miguel Jimenez Incident.(This is from a view of playing golf for over 50 years and know just a little about protocol on the Course)

1. First Bradley caddie had no right to step in on the conversation between the players on the drop( caddies are caddies they carry the bag full stop)

2. Miguel had every right to question the drop even with a official present and giving a ruling.

3 The discussion should be between the players and official, caddies need to remain in the back ground and not put there 2 cents worth in. (Caddies are payed employees not rule officials)

4. Bradley need to realise in match play your opponent has the right to question a decision by officials and also give his interpretation of what he thinks is correct even if his view is incorrect. In the end the official rule will stand but a constructive discussion is valid.

5.Bradley attitude defiantly need to be questioned, and his caddie need to take stock of his actions,* some* younger people today have no peer respect.

My view, this type of incident has no place in the game of golf.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSDOGS1976

Agree with all that. Bradley and Hale came off as bigger jerks IMO because of the way they acted after the round when Jiminez was trying to talk to them. Very, very poor sportsmanship in my opinion.

Bradley regretted it and stated so.  But MAJ instigated it and I thought handled it poorly to start. He came off as arrogant.  I saw it live.  I think he was doing a bit of gamesmanship and it got out of hand.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It's natural to act defensive when another person tells you or your caddy to shutup. Miguel was in the wrong for saying that, Keegan shouldn't have got in his face and his caddy should've stayed out of the entire thing. Of course MAJ is allowed to challenge his opponents drop or have input but you just don't see it very often. All in all it made for some excitement and Todd Lewis from GC looked like he was a kid at a candy shop talking about it. Kinda wish Todd Lewis would've been punched out if it were going to blows...

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Note: This thread is 3278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!