IGNORED

Where do you leave your phone while playing?

Scotsclaff
Note: This thread is 3270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Where do you leave your phone while playing?

• Home.
    • The car.
    • The locker.
    • In your pocket turned off.
    • In your pocket turned on.

My Bushnell takes a CR2 camera battery......it looks like a mini-  C battery..LOL...definitely not lithium!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

In the cart compartment that is right in front of me when pushing it, with vibration and sound off.

After years with my Leupold 2, the battery died one day. I was so sad and realised how much time I save with it and how it adds confidence. Now I've got two spares.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Speaking for our group.

Even if someone picks up their phone during the round,they get the evil eye.

I understand some pricks play golf when they're on 24 hour call,Dr Beeper.I'll set Carl Spackler on you.

I have it in my pocket or bag on usually in vibrate mode.  I use it to keep my score.  I don't answer calls or texts.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Er? Wasn't there a PGA ruling about mobile phones - something like you mustn't be carrying a mobile phone on the course. Since all recent better mobiles have a compass, a weather forecast, wind speed and direction, and can run apps for inclination and a phone version of a spirit level - all these were considered un-natural aids to playing - therfore no phones on the course. (A bit like carrying a builders spirit level in your bag - since you promised not to use it, why did you take it with you?) In any case I connot imagine why anyone would be playing golf and needing to be in touch in such a way. At our course, if someone needed you for an emergency, they would phone the club pro and he would find you on the course in about five minutes. And phones are not allowed inside our clubhouse - so even if your phone was on vibrate you would have to get outside before you could answer it. Mobile phones and golf don't mix and long may it stay that way.
  • Upvote 1

Mine is in my bag on silent.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

C'mon people................I'm not buying it that anyone turns off a phone!   Nobody shuts their phones off and I call BS on that!   I don't think my phone has ever been shut off....even on airplanes..LOL (airplane mode for that)   Yes....please do make it "SILENT" on the course because nobody wants to hear it ring, but I'm not drinking the cool aid that people turn theirs off.

If I am playing late afternoon during the week during business hours, I keep my phone in the cart on silent so I can periodically check messages.  On the weekends.......it stays ON, but in the bag until the round is over.

I am hereby officially calling YOU/anybody out as a non-golfer if you leave your ringer on!!

I leave mine in my truck turned Off,believe it!  I'm on the course to concentrate on playing golf not check messages. People that get their phones out while on the course playing,  just annoy the shit out of me.

• Upvote 1

In top center pocket of golf bag - has a zippered phone pocket - pretty slick.    Don't get a lot of personal calls on my cell phone, so if I get one, I need to take a quick look & give it proper attention if necessary.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Mine is in the cart... or my bag... or my back pocket. I'm not really bothered by expected background noise (like airplanes or traffic and this includes cell phones ringing)

Chris

I don't play golf, I play at golf. There's a difference.

TM RBZ driver, RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3 wood, RBZ 7 wood, TM Burner 2.0 4-AW, Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl 56* sand wedge, Yes! Golf Valerie putter, Snake Eyes golf balls, TM stand bag

On silent, in my bag. I'll get it out sometimes when I'm waiting on the group in front of me. I definitely do not talk on it while I'm on the course, except in rare circumstances.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

People that get their phones out while on the course playing,  just annoy the shit out of me.

I can understand people who are on call for work or some sort of family issue.  What I can't stand are those people who are always on the phone because they think they're more important than God and so have to be in contact at all times.

My Bushnell takes a CR2 camera battery......it looks like a mini-  C battery..LOL...definitely not lithium!

They make Lithium CR2s: http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Ultra-Lithium-Battery-DL-CR2/dp/B0035HB7V6

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Mine is in the cart... or my bag... or my back pocket. I'm not really bothered by expected background noise (like airplanes or traffic and this includes cell phones ringing)

THIS above I avoid ever play with the plum bob crowd, or the types that stare down every shot, walk off yardages etc. Its silly looking, a waste of time and generally doesn't make any difference. your insistence to play in that manner is far more of a distraction than any cell phone including the one from another fairway. I play serious by the rules of golf yes! I'll check my text or emails during conveniant times on the course. my phone is either in silent or so low even I can't hear go off, the rare times it does it is quiet and a Canada goose ring tone.

Note: This thread is 3270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!