IGNORED

What Did You Make First… An Eagle or Bunker Hole Out ?

inthehole
Note: This thread is 1270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First holed out from a bunker many years ago.  Had a hole in one about five years ago, and that is my only eagle to date.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As crappy as the bunkers are where we play an eagle would be easier at this point. My ball has a knack for settling in some inconsiderate hack's footprint every time. I play so far away from bunkers I will risk missing the green if need be.

Dave :-)

Holed out from bunker a couple months ago, par 3 for the birdie. Actually boost my confident for bunker game tremendously since then. Still no eagle yet, too bad.

Eagle first. I've had at least one hole-out from a bunker.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Eagle first for me, but it was on a pretty short par 5 so I'm not going to pretend I just won the Masters or anything.  Still was pretty exciting for me as a new-ish golfer though.

:titleist: 910D3 driver, :tmade: SLDR S 3 wood, :adams: A3OS IDEA hybrid irons, :cleve: 48*, 53*, 56*, 60* wedges, :tmade: Est. 79 TM-770 putter, whatever balls I can pick up cheap/dig out of the rough

Been playing for over 5 years and have holed out from the bunker several times, but have never gotten an eagle. This year hopefully...

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Played one of my favorite muni's last night and the last hole is a short par-4. And by short I mean really short, 240 yards short. Anywho, I usually always pull my tee shot left and this time was no exception, pulled my drive way left and had to re-tee. I flushed my 2nd drive, I knew it was good but couldn't see it, when we came up to the green it was 10 feet from the pin. I believe the longest drive I've hit so far. I made the putt for par while simultaneously defeating my friend and earning a drink at the pub.

It wasn't an eagle (had it been my first drive it would have been), but it sure as hell felt good :)

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I've made a bunch of eagles over the years, even holed out for double eagle once. I don't ever remember holing a shot out of a bunker.

Maybe I have in 30 years of playing but I don't remember it, so If I did it must have been during a crappy round.

I guess some of you have discovered that maybe you need to work on your bunker play. ;-)

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I have yet to make either one. Closest to holing out a bunker shot was within inches. Closest to making an eagle putt was the same. Statistically speaking, I'm more likely to make an eagle first than hole out a bunker shot.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Way easier to hole out from a bunker. I would say for most people bunker hole outs come first because they have so many opportunities when they start. I can't remember the last time I holed out...but I'm also in a bunker less than 1nce per round usually...had 5 eagles simce

Five eagles so far.  In response to the question: both.  First eagle was a hole out from a greenside bunker on a drivable par 4.  14th hole at the #2 course at Brookside in Pasadena for LA guys.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been waiting literally my entire life to post to this thread!!! :) I had my first ever eagle today on a tricky par 5 at my local course. The drive was 297 yards that came to rest perfectly at the top of the fairway that turns hard right in to the green. Second shot was a 7 iron, 175 yards to the pin with a very slight baby draw and a very helpful tail wind that came to rest 5 feet from the pin and then a good putt in for my first ever trophy golf ball :) Yay me! Regards Mailman

Mailman

Don't know if this counts, but when I was ten years old our next door neighbor was going out for a quick nine late in the day at his country club and brought his son and me along. On the second hole he leaves us there and says practice around the green while I go play some more. Not sure where he went or what he was doing but we went ahead and played around the green. I had never touched a club in my life. Threw a ball in the bunker and proceeded to hole out. Never played again until I was 22 years old. Golf never appealed to me then. I was playing baseball every day in the summer and continued on playing ball until my late 40's. I never really got serious about golf until 1990.

Don't know how many eagles I have had but I have three holes in one and about 5 years ago when I made my last HIO I also made four eagles that year. One a chip in on a par five three on shots from 100-150 yards. Totally obscene that year.

Sadly I've never holed out from the bunker during a round of golf. I've done it a few times in practice though so I'm hoping it's only a matter of time. I've made several eagles thankfully, so no one should cry for me on this one.

Fingers crossed! Would love to jar a sand shot for birdie. I would imagine it feels awesome and really keeps a round going.

Constantine

No eagles and at least 8 bunker hole outs that i can recall. Some were for double bogey - basically the old FU shot that happened to go in. Last one was for par on a hole I received 2 strokes on - and still got cut for the skin.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Note: This thread is 1270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!