inthehole

What Did You Make First… An Eagle or Bunker Hole Out ?

99 posts / 4519 viewsLast Reply

As a beginner, I made a bunker hole out 2 and a half years ago at our first TST outing. I think it was for a double. . . :-P

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just curious to hear from those that have been lucky enough to do either ... what did you do first [eagle or bunker hole out] ??

Great question.  My first eagle came back in the 1960's as a teenager with a driver, 4 wood and putt on a par 5. Most of the courses that I played had few bunkers, so I know my first was an eagle. I have at least one eagle in each decade since, then for a total of 13.

After a lot of practice over the years out of the sand, I have been able to get up and down on numerous occasions, but I can only remember a handful of bunker hole outs.

If you play a shorter course Eagles are more likely. I've missed 5 Eagle attempts from inside 15 feet in the past 4 months. Bunker hole outs are more lucky, and I wouldn't call getting it to 2 feet anywhere close to hole out "capable".

Easy.  Bunker hole out 3 days ago, eagle never, and unlikely in the future.  But, possible.  Don't wait up.

bunker hole outs, not anything memorable but I know I've had several.  Eagles, 3. all hole outs from the fairway and I remember every one.  One on a par five and two on par fours.  One from about 160 yards.

Another bunker hole out yesterday (for par), still closest sniff to an eagle is 6 inches.

I don't think I've ever holed out from a bunker in a round. Then again, I rarely hole out any chips for some reason... I've had my fair amount of Eagles though.

Quite a few bunker holeouts before my 1st eagle

and a couple bunker holeouts between the 1st and 2nd eagle FWIW

Reviving an interesting question.

Eagle well before a bunker hole out.  I think I have more aces than bunker hole outs.

About two years ago I holed out, from a bunker, for eagle.  Then I hit my drive into the lake next hole.  

I think an eagle. While I’ve holed out a few bunker shots, I believe my fist eagle came first, holing out an approach on a par 4

I have no idea what came first, but I'd assume holing a bunker shot. My short game as a kid was pretty good.  However, I definitely have made more eagles than hole outs, overall.

A par 5 eagle came first. Next was a hole in one. Then a bunker hole out.

Bunker hole outs are at the bottom of my list on hole outs. I tend to stay out of green side bunkers.