inthehole

What Did You Make First… An Eagle or Bunker Hole Out ?

99 posts / 4520 viewsLast Reply

Eagle first for me. I have 2 eagles with my 2 Aces. I had 3 bunker hole outs for birdies last month so I don’t feel they are that rare.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One eagle, maybe 20+ years ago. Never holed out a bunker shot. The courses I play are very sparsely bunkered, so not many opportunities to play these shots, so when I do, it's not pretty, and I am quite satisfied just to be out of the bunker.

I made an eagle first, which was about two months ago. In fact, now that I think about it, I’ve never holed a bunker shot. Ever. I’ve come close countless times, but it’s never dropped. Maybe because my bunker game is hit-or-miss right now. Oh well...

Edited by dagolfer18

A bunker hole-out first, then a par 4 eagle that was years and years before ever having a par 5 eagle. To this date I have eight eagles (seven par 5 eagles since I moved 3 years ago, not sure what that says) and only three bunker hole-outs. The last bunker hole-out was cool though - very difficult 18th hole for a walk-off the round is over birdie - great feeling!

Bunker hole out, no question. It was luck and it wasn't even for par, as I recall. Many years before I got my first eagle (a chip-in on a short par 5).

2-0 for eagles for me at this point. Frankly, this season has been a disaster in the bunkers, so I'm less concerned with a hole out than getting the ball wholly out of the bunker.

I have absolutely no idea.  I presume bunker hole out, just cuz odds?  But honestly I only actually remember one bunker hole out, and it was really recent, but that's gotta be just because I didn't bother to remember, not because it hadn't happened.  I think??

Does a hole-out from a fairway bunker count? That was my first eagle. I've only ever made two... So there's that (one from a fairway bunker, the other was a 5 foot putt)

The eagle...And it came late in life. Since then I've had the bunker hole-outs but not another eagle. Had a hole-in-one years ago and not another since. I wonder if chaos theory is at work here and if I'm due another. Best, -Marv

19 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

Does a hole-out from a fairway bunker count? That was my first eagle. I've only ever made two... So there's that (one from a fairway bunker, the other was a 5 foot putt)

What????????

I'm not doubting you at all, but in all seriousness how is your handicap under 4 and only ever made 2 eagles? 

I stink but I usually make 2 or 3 eagles per year. ... Although none this year. This year hasn't been my best year... not even close to my best, possibly one of my worst. 

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

What????????

I'm not doubting you at all, but in all seriousness how is your handicap under 4 and only ever made 2 eagles? 

I stink but I usually make 2 or 3 eagles per year. ... Although none this year. This year hasn't been my best year... not even close to my best, possibly one of my worst. 

I’m a low event golfer, I make a shitload of pars a birdie or two, three or four bogeys.

Pinehurst gotta figure out which one, par 3 went long into the sand, SW out rolled in, only two eagles have been a year later(2019) different par 5s at Manele Bay Golf. Two days in row, I had an eagle. Great drives followed by solid second shots, day 1 a tap in, day 2 a 10 ft straight putt, was stunned. Mann I love life!

Definitely a bunker hole out. I’ve done that plenty of times just like chipping in. Not nearly as many eagles.

I started playing over 50 years ago. I can’t remember where I played last week. No way I could remember stuff like that from that long ago.

On 9/11/2020 at 1:46 PM, FlyingAce said:

Eagle first for me. I have 2 eagles with my 2 Aces.

I had 3 bunker hole outs for birdies last month so I don’t feel they are that rare.

Hi Ace:

Hmmm...you're quite the "baller' aren't you.

I see your cap has lower too....so if we ever played golf together would I be embarrassed playing with you?....just askin for a friend.😁...for sure I'm askin for strokes...that's a given.

Many bunker shots, made my 1st eagle last year on a par 4. Only took me 45 years.