IGNORED

Tiger Woods Announces Summer PGA Tour 2015 Schedule

Note: This thread is 2281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger announces his next 5 Tour starts:

Quote:
Looks like Tiger Woods is intent on playing a pretty full schedule over the next three months.

Five days after announcing he would compete in next week's PLAYERS Championship, Woods tweeted that would play the Memorial Tournament, The Greenbrier Classic and Quicken Loans National, in addition to the next two majors, the U.S. Open and the Open Championship.

http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/news/2015/04/29/tiger-woods-memorial.html

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good to see him play Greenbrier. That's a new one to his list. I think you'll see a lot of top players play that with The National being moved to the end of July after the British instead of before it.

http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/news/2015/04/29/tiger-woods-memorial.html

I imagine he'd have announced through the PGA Championship if he'd been confident he'd be within the OWGR cut off for the WGC Bridgestone before it.

Good to see him play Greenbrier. That's a new one to his list. I think you'll see a lot of top players play that with The National being moved to the end of July after the British instead of before it.

i believe that Tigs has played the Greenbrier before.  2012, i think.

• Administrator

i believe that Tigs has played the Greenbrier before.  2012, i think.

Yeah, I think it was rumored something weird was going on because both he and Phil played it the same year.

Yeah, I think it was rumored something weird was going on because both he and Phil played it the same year.

If I recall correctly, the allegations were some quid pro quo - they either were paid to play in an exhibition, or donations to their charity, some referred to it as appearance fees (which are not allowed on the PGA tour)

And....BOTH of them MC too !

Ray

Hmm, was it all an elaborate plot to get them both to a secret meeting on the Saturday?  LOL

Is Greenbriar the place that has the hidden and formerly secret National Security bunker that was revealed a few years ago?

Hmm, was it all an elaborate plot to get them both to a secret meeting on the Saturday?  LOL Is Greenbriar the place that has the hidden and formerly secret National Security bunker that was revealed a few years ago?

Yes. They've also had an interesting history with who their head pro has been.

Going to the Players next week - it always funny watching his galleries walk by like the Pied Piper and all those rats. RIP Stuart Scott.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent

Going to the Players next week - it always funny watching his galleries walk by like the Pied Piper and all those rats. RIP Stuart Scott.

Arnie had is Army.  Jack had his.  Fans want to watch the greatest of each era.  If Rory keeps it up, he will have his.

OT - Stuart Scott was a class act.

Arnie had is Army.  Jack had his.  Fans want to watch the greatest of each era.  If Rory keeps it up, he will have his.   OT - Stuart Scott was a class act.

What would you call them, Rory's Rooters? Or does that sound too much like the plumbing company, haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Arnie had is Army.  Jack had his.  Fans want to watch the greatest of each era.  If Rory keeps it up, he will have his.

OT - Stuart Scott was a class act.

What would you call them, Rory's Rooters? Or does that sound too much like the plumbing company, haha

Rooting, in Australia, is something quite different!  Correct, @Shorty ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Rooting, in Australia, is something quite different!  Correct, @Shorty

?

Haha, I just googled it. Well, however they see fit to best support Rory...

:dance::beer:

.  If Rory keeps it up, he will have his.

Rory already draws. Was at Arnie's tourney and he had a throng following him just for a practice round.  Meanwhile three of us followed Jason Day for 18 holes - no fanfare. What does that say about your everyday golf fan?

Note: This thread is 2281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!