IGNORED

I am looking for THE most comfortable pair of golf shoes

Note: This thread is 3279 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How often do you have to replace them? With traditional shoes, I need to replace the spikes every now and then. Can that even be done with Trues? Is it needed?

I might end up buying a pair before too long if it's that easy and they last that long. That sounds even easier than my current strategy of using sandals and keeping socks in the shoe bags.

There's nothing to replace - they're just part of the sole.  Now, as part of their current lineup, they do make a couple types that have traditional soft spikes, but all of the pairs I have are just simple and spikeless.

(Incidentally, if you're interested, they're having a sale on the "Vegas" model shoe today for $50.)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There's nothing to replace - they're just part of the sole.  Now, as part of their current lineup, they do make a couple types that have traditional soft spikes, but all of the pairs I have are just simple and spikeless. (Incidentally, if you're interested, they're having a sale on the "Vegas" model shoe today for $50.)

So... how long do they last? Longer than a pair of shoes with spikes that need replacing now and then? Or as long as a set of spikes? And... is the Vegas model any good? And who is "they"? I... might be making a purchase from they today.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

So... how long do they last? Longer than a pair of shoes with spikes that need replacing now and then? Or as long as a set of spikes?

And... is the Vegas model any good? And who is "they"? I... might be making a purchase from they today.

I don't know.  Before I started wearing Trues, I was wearing the Eccos with no spikes either.  Honestly, I don't know that I've EVER replaced a set of spikes on a golf shoe.  The first pair I bought was probably late 2012?  Maybe early 2013?  None of my pairs (I have 4 of them now) have shown any kind of noticeable wear.

"They" are True Linkswear - the ones that make the shoes. :-P

And I do not own any pairs of Vegas, so I can't speak to whether or not that particular model is any good.  They kinda LOOK like a cross between my Protos and my Senseis, but I don't know for sure.

Adidas Adipower Boost Shoes

Check out the member reviews at http://thesandtrap.com/products/adidas-adipower-boost-golf-shoes/reviews

This is what I was going to suggest, a few guys I know tried them off the back of Mark Crossfields review on youtube and they've all said they're awesome.

I've not even heard of True's though, not seen anybody with them on in the UK, saying that I don't spend much time looking at peoples feet.

I need some new shoes now anyway, so going to look into both.

Chris 

Ex-field hockey player with a few things on my list to correct/ sort out:
1:  Flipping, 2: Overswing, 3: Stop being Tin Cup

Been playing properly since May 2014, got the bug now, so I'm here forever. Must have watched a billion hours of youtube videos, seems to help!

This is what I was going to suggest, a few guys I know tried them off the back of Mark Crossfields review on youtube and they've all said they're awesome.

I've not even heard of True's though, not seen anybody with them on in the UK, saying that I don't spend much time looking at peoples feet.

I need some new shoes now anyway, so going to look into both.

Forget that, they're not common in the UK and the only ones I like on their site are $200 and I won't be paying that :loco:

Chris 

Been playing properly since May 2014, got the bug now, so I'm here forever. Must have watched a billion hours of youtube videos, seems to help!

Comfort depends on your foot, and for me, the most comfy is now the Ecco Biom Lace (I believe it is the equivalent o the G2, only more conservative). They fit my feet nicely - not too tight nor too loose.

I've also owned True Linkswear, and they are comfy. With the stock insert, my feet move too much and bang up my toes - so I need an aftermarket insert. I've also purchased socks with separate toes - weird looking but they help a bit with the True stock setup.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Forget that, they're not common in the UK and the only ones I like on their site are $200 and I won't be paying that

The Adipowers that we reviewed are $190.

(That said, I wouldn't pay $200 for any pair of golf shoes, so I'm with you on the True Classix ... no thanks ;))

I've just noticed the price of those too, they're about £100-£130 for what I like, but that's still going to be near $180 :loco:

My last Adidas pair were £40 ($60) and were good, but they've lasted me about 100 rounds (not sure if this is good or bad), looks like no boost for me, the remainder can go towards a driver when I figure out how not to hit the bloody thing out of the heel (so can at least get fit properly).

Chris 

Put me in the camp of wearing trues.....I also have wide flat feet so options for me are limited to begin with.  I have a older pair of true tours that I love, didn't like the 2014 stuff nearly as much(not as wide toe box).  haven't seen any of the 2015's yet...I check ebay every couple days trying to find more of the older true's in my size.

I know they weren't on your list but if you're looking to save some money if you have a Nike or Addias outlet store near you can you can usually get last year's models at least 50 percent off.

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

@ajst22 , is this enough to get you to try a pair? :-D

It was, I ordered a pair of the Game Changer Hybrids (as well as their ultralightweight stand bag which looks nice. Will just return it if I don't really like it). Thanks for all the input guys! I expected more people to be pushing Ecco on here since they seem to have a good reputation with comfort, but we shall see how the Trues are :)

I don't know.  Before I started wearing Trues, I was wearing the Eccos with no spikes either.  Honestly, I don't know that I've EVER replaced a set of spikes on a golf shoe.  The first pair I bought was probably late 2012?  Maybe early 2013?  None of my pairs (I have 4 of them now) have shown any kind of noticeable wear. "They" are True Linkswear - the ones that make the shoes.:-P And I do not own any pairs of Vegas, so I can't speak to whether or not that particular model is any good.  They kinda LOOK like a cross between my Protos and my Senseis, but I don't know for sure.

I'm also with you where I've never replaced spikes on shoes. I'm generally very gentle with mine. I try to stay away from gravel/asphalt/concrete and do my best to just walk on grass. That's a sure fire way to get your golf shoes treads and spikes to last forever!

[quote name="14ledo81" url="/t/81709/i-am-looking-for-the-most-comfortable-pair-of-golf-shoes#post_1135890"] @ajst22 , is this enough to get you to try a pair? :-D

It was, I ordered a pair of the Game Changer Hybrids (as well as their ultralightweight stand bag which looks nice. Will just return it if I don't really like it). Thanks for all the input guys! I expected more people to be pushing Ecco on here since they seem to have a good reputation with comfort, but we shall see how the Trues are :)[/quote] Awesome. I highly doubt you will be disappointed.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I'd like to try some True shoes but I've been loving my current set of Dry Joy Tours.

I apologize for having a spam URL in my signature and will not do it again.

Note: This thread is 3279 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!