IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 minutes in my hotel this morning. A little mirror work, some putting practice and some short chips.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes full swing mirror work. Given today's practice round, I will need to focus on the transition and the downswing a lot more, reducing fat shots, and smoother putting stroke.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Busy day at work and home so just did 5 minutes of slow controlled backswings, checking club face position at various points.

Matt

5 min mirror work at the company gym.  Hope to do more indoor practice later tonight.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

20 mins in the gym, using the mirror and doing the drill that Mike last posted in my swing thread.

Chris.:roll:

An hour at lunch beating the heck out of balls on the range with no agenda except to try and make good shots and enjoy myself. I guess I was conscious of my address position and tried to be cognizant of not moving my head laterally, but I figured all work and no play makes me a dull boy. Hopefully I didn't set my swing mechanics back a month with this shameless lack of discipline :smartass:

An hour at lunch beating the heck out of balls on the range with no agenda except to try and make good shots and enjoy myself. I guess I was conscious of my address position and tried to be cognizant of not moving my head laterally, but I figured all work and no play makes me a dull boy. Hopefully I didn't set my swing mechanics back a month with this shameless lack of discipline

I'm sure it felt good on the decent shots, but did you at least spend 5 minutes cultivating your anger towards those balls? :-D

On Topic, I spent 5 minutes on my downswing trying to regulate the speed with my hips. Just starting to really get some consist speeds doing these drills.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Worked on chipping in the backyard

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

10 minutes of putting on the board of truth.  Rolling along that 36" ruler will show you any error in club face at impact.  Do it right and it goes the full length and into the "hole" at the end.  Even a degree or two off square and the ball only makes it a few inches down the line before falling off.  Great indoor aid.  Easy to make.  Epoxy a 36" ruler to a piece of 1/2" plywood slightly longer and 6 1/2" wide.  Use 1/2" strips of hardwood or the same 1/2" plywood to edge the sides and far end.  Near end leave unedged.  Cut a bird's mouth (v cut) from the back end to the beginning of the ruler.  This allows you to use your putter to roll the ball towards the beginning of the ruler and the v cut will ramp the ball to the start.  The hole in the ruler holds the ball.  Glue two 1.5" strips of wood 1/4" x 1/4 " at the beginning end of the ruler at the hole.  These guide the ball when you are setting it in the hole.

Sorry for the long post.  Then did 10 minutes of indoor swings.  Lateral shift and hip turn, soft arms.

• Upvote 1

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Long range sessions.

6 iron working on my downswing piece

Driver, working on the downswing piece, staying in my spine tilt, shortening the swing.

Distance Wedges.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

May 29 -

Practiced short putts (3-10 feet) on astroturf putting strip for 10 minutes. For some reason, a smooth takeaway seems to be easier on long putts outdoors, than these short putts.

Rain predicted for this weekend.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

• Administrator

15 minutes of slower swings (faster arms though) before a lesson showed up earlier today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hit balls on the range focusing on Key#1. Seemed to work quite well because I only missed 3 fairways when I played afterwards.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Worked on my priority piece with my coach.. Arms coming down faster to A6 and then firing the hips while maintaining level shoulders. Also worked on chipping and pitching variations around the green.. I will be using less of a lob pitch around the green going forward.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Was at a golf store today looking at a few putter grips. There was an open spot open so I practiced hitting some 6 irons as hard as I could while still swinging in balance. I know those simulators are bs but I was flying the 6 iron 190-195 yards.....so that made me feel good :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Hit the ranger before 18 ... worked on several things

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Note: This thread is 3238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!