IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Range, working on pace of the back swing. Realized I didn't fully understand the latest evolvr lesson, and that prompted me to send a question in. [quote name="isukgolf" url="/t/81741/5-minutes-daily-practice-challenge-may-2015/774#post_1148147"]Hit the ranger before 18 ... worked on several things[/quote] If I hit the ranger before a round, he or she would likely keep on my group for pace of play all day if we were even marginally behind... if I got to go out at all!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5/29/15  Went to the range and hit one bucket of balls emphasizing slow swing tempo  Today I am playing in my Club 2 man Blind Draw Best Ball, so I guess my 5 minutes today are warm up and chip/putt before the round.

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

Working on a comfortable controlled slow downswing using the hips to control the swing speed.

5 minutes working on the feel in a mirror, and an hour practicing at the net.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

5-10 mins mirror work. Centered hip turn drill. Plus 10 mins pitching and chipping.

Chris.:roll:

Did the "around the clock" drill at 3' (not 4'). Took 65 putts before I hit the 12 in a row (65 includes the 12). I'm not sure what a good number for a 14.x handicap is at that drill and distance, but I don't think it's 65. I've neglected putting practice prior to the last few days. At least it's a skill that's easy to re-gain (relative to others).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Large bucket of balls at the range.  7i down to 60 degree LW only.  Great contact.  No shanks or heel hits.  Means I am not shifting forward towards the balls of my feet and I am staying centered.  Ball flight is good, slight draw.  Was able to work the ball left to right and right to left a bit on command.  This is new for me and pretty exciting.  Hard work is paying off.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

I did some slow downswing and back swing in the yard. Then hit a few balls into the woods. Contact was meehh..

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Played 13 holes today. Wasn't shooting good.

Had the group behind me nearly hit into me on a par 3 when I was just pulling away. Thanks for waiting :censored: . Then I come up to the next tee box and there are two groups on the tee, me making the third group. The first group tees off, the one guy skies his 3-wood then tees up another. :doh: .

I decided to just skip the rest of the round and go to the range. No need to get angry at my game, waiting, and having some :censored: hit into me when there would be no where to go.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Putted for 5 mins in the living room. Then worked on my mapping drill for another 5-10 and hit a few full shots in the yard.

9 holes today with the wife! :beer: . She made contact more than 70% of shots. Not bad for a first timer. I managed a very distracted 42 but had great fun.

Vishal S.

Worked on chipping in the backyard for 20 minutes. I've all but eliminated blades and chunks from my chipping game but I pretty much swing the same speed no matter the conditions which leaves me very short a lot of the time. Working on feeling comfortable taking smaller and bigger swings and trusting myself not to blade the ball all the way over the green.

Practiced putting before my round with @big c ... distance control was horrible today ...:~( However, had a great day getting out with Colin. Great guy and he can hit a country mile.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Note: This thread is 3232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!