IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hit 12 five-foot putts in a row just before morning shower.  After breakfast hit 20 pitch shots into net, followed by 20 full swing 4-irons, followed by 10 swings with a driver.  This challenge is helping with discipline, for sure.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Spent 10 - 15 minutes doing mirror swings with a 6 iron then 3W.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I feel like a broken record, but I took about 100 swings hitting practice balls focusing on getting my weight on my front foot. I seem to have devoloped a shot that goes to the right now, where my most frequent miss before was pulling the ball. I'm a bit frustrated but I'm committed to practicing until I get this down. Then I can work on the next thing.

Played 18 today ... much better than yesterday ... worked on turning hips ... I am still struggling with a 1 in aim point its just hard for me to feel ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Played in a local amateur golf series at Sunset Hills CC in Edwardsville. An interesting, hilly course that I had played once four years ago. I warmed up for about 20 minutes and then played 18.

Did not have the good round of Saturday. Today, I didn't even break 100. In middle of round, was pulling all the long clubs badly. Had five balls OB - by far worst since last year. Had 4 one putts cancelled by 4 three-putts. (Rolling greens were very fast... lesson learned: Hit putts crisply, or they will die left or right as they near cup.)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Worked on my mapping again today for about 5-10 mins.  After that I recorded some new swing for evolvr.  Im having trouble controlling my low point on my irons.  Im going to hit some putts while I watch TV as well tonight.

A little pitch and chip practice in the backyard while keeping all the balls inside the fences and out of the neighbor's yards (aka: no fliers and no bladed balls). Gets a bit difficult though with a Springer Spaniel thinking it is play time and going after every ball and trying to get his face right in the swingpath to ensure the ball doesn't get away. Result; no fliers, no bladed balls, and never whacked the dog with the club.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Worked on my backswing piece with the mirror. Worked on my putting stroke. Hitting to many putts on the heel of the putter.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

This might be borderline cheating.. I spent about 5 minutes chipping on my family room carpet with focus on keeping left wrist firm through the ball, just so I can post, otherwise I had no intention of touching a club today. Well, at least I am honest about it. Wait, is there such a thing as an 'honest cheat'?? :hmm:

Vishal S.

This might be borderline cheating.. I spent about 5 minutes chipping on my family room carpet with focus on keeping left wrist firm through the ball, just so I can post, otherwise I had no intention of touching a club today. Well, at least I am honest about it. Wait, is there such a thing as an 'honest cheat'??

Well, if this thread got you to do some golf practice where otherwise you wouldn't have, then I think that's a good thing.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

35 minutes into the net. Focus on shorter backswing, no bending the left elbow.  Left shoulder over right instep.

Good turn and soft arms, full release.  Basically seeing where I am after all of the indoor practice.  Made good contact, full turn.  7i, 4hybrid, Driver, PW.  All felt good, happy with progress so far.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Well, if this thread got you to do some golf practice where otherwise you wouldn't have, then I think that's a good thing.

Thank you! I will sleep with a clearer conscience tonight.. :-D

Vishal S.

May 4, (4 in a row)

5 minutes, probably more like 15:

swing and stop - backswing to top, no ball....

some full swings as well - worked on not sliding back as I start my swing.

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

5/4/15 Played 27 holes... Not hitting it very well at all... Scored decent all three nines were around the same score... Think I shot like 18 over for the 27 holes but I didn't really play in any traditional kind of order... (I jumped around a lot, I work at the course so if I get behind a slower group, I'll go back and find an open hole or two, where I can play 3 or 4 holes uninterrupted)... It was kind of a day to see where I was, and what needed work... Driving: D-, longest drive was like 240 on the first hole and slightly left Approach Shots: D-, I hit 2 GIR in 27 holes, a lot of near greens though... Short Game (20-60 yards) C, not as good as I want it to be but its getting a little better, a little chunky with my pitches at times, need some honest practice on that for sure... But it's getting there... Short Game (1-20 yards), B+, if you would have asked me how this was last August I would have said probably D or D- at best, this part of my game is coming around nicely, If my full swing motion shots would come around, and at least be in the B- range I'd be shooting in the 70s right now... Putting: A-, really improved the most... Lag putting is even better... I've only had 1 3-putt in basically 54 holes this year, I'm down to something stupid like 28 putts per round. The only reason I give myself an A- as opposed to an A or an A+ is because I sometimes have been hitting good putts from 10-15 feet and make misreading them 5-10 percent of the time... My miss all day was a block to the right... I did some alignment drills today, might be time for a lesson, might need to do railroad drills, something to that effect... I don't know if you can call what I did today, ”Practice", but Erik if you want to qualify or disqualify today, I'll understand either way

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator
Hit 15 balls slowly after finishing up my first lesson at CHQ. Meh.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!